Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:09 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times

Advertisements

RIP Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania 1991-2016

Putinov - Ribbentrump

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:11 AM

5,025 posts, read 7,461,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What we had in part was a rebellion (white backlash) of the white working class who are not doing well economically, who are fearful of the changing demographics(they view this as an assault on American culture), and are mad as hell that the government isn't working. They are mad as hell about the trade agreements which has left them poorer and some are mad as hell the USA has been bogged down in wars. Trump became an effective spokesperson for their anger and fear and is proposing(to drain the swamp) make government work. Hillary wasn't offering a damn thing other than her resume and lets all hold hands. A damn shame I suspect he's either a brilliant tactician or a hot mess.(Either way I don't trust this guy he holds grudges, has a long memory and believes in winning at all cost).
The "white backlash" thing..are there some people who fit what you describe? Absolutely! But there's much more to it than that. We're in trouble that is for sure.

Last edited by cfbs2691; 11-09-2016 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-09-2016, 11:18 AM

2,950 posts, read 2,922,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post

Putinov - Ribbentrump

100%. Just terrible. Imagine that now a UN Security Council with seats for Trump, Putin, Farage, Marine Le Pen and Chinese Communist Party is very possible, scary

The world has now a new big problem: the increment of life expectancy. Because of that now old people totally ignorant of the new social-tecnological-economic dynamics of the world are deciding crucial polls wich will affect their sons and grandsons lives, giving them a f*** and inestable world.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:20 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,452,315 times
Clinton = $877 million
Trump = $372 million

Trump won while spending less than half of what Clinton spent.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:20 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,840,188 times
Quote:

Putinov - Ribbentrump

Yup, it was a fun ride

But keep it mind, if Russia comes, it won't get fed by just the Baltic alone, the Bear will also kill the Raindeer.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:31 AM

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I disagree with you completely. The non-greed approach always leads to piles of bodies.

Milton Friedman also disagrees with you on greed:
The unbridled greed approach failed miserably in the US. Train wreck doesn't begin to describe it. Milton Friedman is a member of the Chicago School of Economics, which has a history of subverting Latin American economies and countries (Chile, anyone?). He's not the only US economist to win a Nobel Prize, fortunately.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:38 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,519,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Clinton = $877 million
Trump = $372 million

Democrat voters had their best weapon (Bernie) ... but they unfortunately chose Hillary Clinton, who hasn't really ran on anything, her whole campaign was just "im against Trump" ... Bernie was big and passionate for higher minimum wage, affordable healthcare and college.. things Democrats and working class Americans are passionate about.

Trump actually had his message and his goals, he won with working class Americans, Average Americans against the status quo, Conservative Americans sick of Illegal Immigration...

Hillary basically just won with people who get offended by how non p.c and outspoken Trump is.

But i wish for the best for everyone and i hope the best for U.S and the World, and we can all chill out because i believe 3 more states just passed bills supporting legalizing Marijuana yesterday

Old 11-09-2016, 11:41 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,910,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
The "white backlash" thing..are there some people who fit what you describe? Absolutely! But there's much more to it than that. We're in trouble that is for sure.
That's what I said if you read carefully I stated in part. I would say you're minimizing the white backlash thing, I live in a heavily Republican area the changing demographics comes up a lot when "white people" are among white people.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,835,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Clinton = $877 million
Trump = $372 million

This is so sick, and everything which is wrong with politics in the US today. You can't become president if you don't spend hundreds of millions of dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Yup, it was a fun ride

But keep it mind, if Russia comes, it won't get fed by just the Baltic alone, the Bear will also kill the Raindeer.
Finland STRONK. PERKELE!

Old 11-09-2016, 12:10 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,960,330 times
Quote:
The Democratic Party brought this upon themselves. Instead of listening to the frustrated masses, they ridiculed Trump supporters, probably inciting more voters for him. They should've crushed Trump showing constantly what a POS he is, instead of some lame-ass "stronger together" BS.

Bernie would've crushed Trump beyond belief.
Well I think in retrospect, Bernie would have prevailed but not by much. The candidates that don't get the nomination always look better than the ones that do by the time the election rolls around - they've haven't been bloodied by the political process. As for the Clinton camp insulting Trump supporters, have you ever visited the politics forum? The hardcore Trump supporters (the true believers not necessarily the ones who voted for him for economic reasons) spew a consistent and vitriolic stream at liberals, Obama, Clinton, Democrats, and anyone who doesn't share their views. One comment about "deplorables" hardly compares.

Last edited by xeric; 11-09-2016 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World