Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 01:39 PM

23 posts, read 24,020 times

Advertisements

Great Britain, France, Italy, Serbia, Albania, Greece, Spain, Portugal, BeNeLux, Scandinavia, Austria, The Baltic States, Russia, Slovakia, Croatia, Macedonia, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, All of Africa.

For love I’d only live in Czechia, Germany, Slovenia, Romania or Bulgaria from Europe. But of those only Germany has a western feel and economy but the climate is terrible. Give me the sunny and rich USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 04:46 PM

489 posts, read 1,192,702 times
The people's republic of Manchester

Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM

417 posts, read 445,009 times
To many countries to list.

I have an ex girlfriend, who I haven't seen in over 2 years, who still keeps in regular contact with me. We got along great for the few months I was snowbirding in Oklahoma that year. But yeah, I would never move to Oklahoma.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:48 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Too many countries to list I guess that would make me a cultural snob but I just have a low tolerance for too many things considered normal in other parts of the planet.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Let's say, through a quirky accident of fate, your spouse winds up in the witness protection program, and has to be moved to another country, forever, for his/her protection and national security. Which countries would you refuse to go to, giving up your family rather than endure. You would live there in safety, with enough resources to assure a life of dignity and healthy circumstances, and your spouse (for the purposes of this discussion, even if not in real life) someone you love and are devoted to. You're not living in a guarded villa, just becoming a member of the general society.

Are there any countries you'd refuse to accept relocating to, and just kiss your spouse goodbye?

For me, personally, the answer is no, there is no country I would not go to, even just for the heck of it.
Well, if we were relocated to a really cold country, I'd have to really think about it. I live in Missouri and the winters that we get here, which consist of two or three months where the daily temp is consistently below 32 degrees. Truthfully, this is just about all that I can take. I hate winter and I hate cold and I think if we were relocated to a really cold, cold climate, he'd be on his own.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:40 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,931,302 times
I would refuse to live in East. St. Louis, IL and Camden, NJ regardless of all the attractive women there ...

Old 03-30-2018, 01:19 PM

321 posts, read 333,769 times
Venezuela.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:07 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times
Quite a long list of countries honestly... don't want to bother listing all of them.

Old 03-31-2018, 12:39 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,208,266 times
Quite honestly, I'm astonished that nobody has said they would follow their lifemate to the ends of the earth. I certainly would, and I for most places, I'd actually look forward to the challenge and the adventure of forging a new life together in such circumstances.

My answer is there would be no place I would not go. I can't imagine saying goodbye at the airport, and saying Sorry, Honey, I just don't want to live with you there.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Quite honestly, I'm astonished that nobody has said they would follow their lifemate to the ends of the earth. I certainly would, and I for most places, I'd actually look forward to the challenge and the adventure of forging a new life together in such circumstances.

My answer is there would be no place I would not go. I can't imagine saying goodbye at the airport, and saying Sorry, Honey, I just don't want to live with you there.
I am thinking either people did not read the scenario correctly, or are a bit selfish and crazy. For example, who in the hell would not live in the UK if the love of their life got exiled there? Who would even allow the love of their life to live any where without them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World