Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 07:37 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,521,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, if we were relocated to a really cold country, I'd have to really think about it. I live in Missouri and the winters that we get here, which consist of two or three months where the daily temp is consistently below 32 degrees. Truthfully, this is just about all that I can take. I hate winter and I hate cold and I think if we were relocated to a really cold, cold climate, he'd be on his own.
But, the opposite would be living in a HOT climate like Arizona, Texas, cities near the California desert, and other cities that maybe hot, more than six month of the year. I would rather live in a city with cold temperatures, but not below 20 degrees, like where I live now, in the East Coast. In HOT weather, I lose my thinking process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 08:36 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,885,469 times
The Middle East

Old 04-04-2018, 08:55 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
It's weird to see people think all Chinese cities are polluted.

China has hundreds of cities and some are as clean as Hawaii. Not every city is a copy of Beijing.
Even Beijing is far less polluted than many places such as Delhi and Tehran.

Western media only focuses on negative aspects of China but it's a very large country with different conditions.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:19 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

China has hundreds of cities and some are as clean as Hawaii. Not every city is a copy of Beijing.

Western media only focuses on negative aspects of China but it's a very large country with different conditions.
Yeah I imagine places like Sanya and Jinghong are fantastic places to live Not very populated and beautiful climates

Old 04-08-2018, 02:32 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
The Middle East, most of North Africa and North Korea have to be the worst places on the planet to live. That being said I would not abandon my spouse to avoid living in one of those places.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:36 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

China is a large and varied country, similar to the US in that respect. There are a lot worse places to live in the world than China. I definitely would not want to deal with the pollution they have in some places though, nor the overcrowding. No doubt though only parts of China are like that.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:30 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
A good rule of thumb for me is to avoid living in basically any country not in the US visa waiver program, besides a few countries in Southeast Asia and Central/Eastern Europe and much (but not all) of South America. Would likely not live anywhere else.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:19 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,214,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
A good rule of thumb for me is to avoid living in basically any country not in the US visa waiver program, besides a few countries in Southeast Asia and Central/Eastern Europe and much (but not all) of South America. Would likely not live anywhere else.
Two thoughts on this.

1. You mean the life-or-death needs of the love of your life do not override your rules of thumb?

2. You let the US government decide for you which places are suitable for you to live, and which to avoid?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:24 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,731,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Weird question, since you can you be safe without being in a guarded villa in places like Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, El Salvador, Honduras, Colombia, South Africa, Venezuela or Guatemala?
Of course you can live perfectly safe outside a gated community in Colombia and Guatemala, even Pakistan. What an ignorant statement.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:47 AM

27,198 posts, read 13,489,086 times
The Isle of Man - the capital of the island is Douglas and I for one most certainly won't be entering Douglas.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World