Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More racially integrated?
U.S 36 53.73%
U.K 31 46.27%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 12:43 PM

170 posts, read 72,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Probably because most sub saharan Africans don't emigrate out of Africa in the same numbers as people who leave Asian and Latin American countries. And I'll leave it at that.
If given the opportunity they'd pour out of there.

I'll leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 02:59 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossiblyIndecisive View Post
If given the opportunity they'd pour out of there.

I'll leave it at that.
Funny how some of you react to something not directed at you.

What makes you think they want to as badly as those from other places? Because you personally couldn't imagine why they wouldn't want to?

Old 02-03-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:

What makes you think they want to as badly as those from other places? Because you personally couldn't imagine why they wouldn't want to?
It's a public forum. I can jump into whatever conversation I like.

The scenes in the Mediterranean shows the risks any Africans are willing to take to get to Europe.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:

It's a public forum. I reserve the right to jump into any conversation I like.

The sad scenes in the Mediterranean shows the risks many Africans are willing to take to get to Europe.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossiblyIndecisive View Post
It's a public forum. I reserve the right to jump into any conversation I like.

The sad scenes in the Mediterranean shows the risks many Africans are willing to take to get to Europe.
Fair enough.

Do those in the Mediterranean represent the majority of Africans, or just a percentage of a few countries population?

Old 02-03-2019, 06:07 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,026,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
In the UK, "racism" generally is towards Eastern Europeans, especially Polish, Romanians, and Bulgarians. I put racism in quotes as they are all White European, so not really based on race. Xenophobia is probably a better description. Blacks and South Asians have generally integrated well into the wider society.

That being said, based from what I've seen:
Canada > UK > US > Australia
I doubt Australia is the most racist out of all of them. Canada is not as race tolerant as it is perceived to be.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:18 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,308,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
I doubt Australia is the most racist out of all of them. Canada is not as race tolerant as it is perceived to be.
I would be interested to know examples of the types of racism that caused concern.

Old 02-03-2019, 11:26 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
The fact that this poll is close right now is a joke. My state of 10 million people in around 30% black, 55% white, and 15% a mix of Hispanic, Asian, and other. My state pales in comparison to places like NYC, Chicago, SF, or LA. Its not close. The nation of immigrants is a nation of immigrants. Who would've thought?

Old 02-04-2019, 01:39 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
I am a white guy with a black family, I live in a small town in the UK and I get the impression that different races are far more integrated in the UK, everything in the US seems to be race related - HOWEVER, I can only base my reasoning from one angle - the UK one, judging from what I read on here people in the US don't seem to have a clue about racial interaction in the UK so it figures its the same the 'other way', and of course its probably the same when it comes to Australia, Canada, France or any other multi racial society.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:40 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
If Australia is indeed more racist than the others then IMO it would be only very fractionally so.

Perhaps some people think that because Aussies tend to be more outspoken and less reserved than Canadians and Brits.

Though Americans aren't really reserved either and can be very outspoken as well. But everyone in the world does expect Americans to have "racial" issues of some kind. (Contrary to Aussies I suppose who aren't really known for this.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World