Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,484,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Yeah, I heard something about that. Don't they happen around St. Valentime's Day?
Isn't that the holiday in Febuary?

Intentional misspellings are really hard! I had to type it correctly, then take out the R. Yet it comes so easily to others.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Isn't that the holiday in Febuary?

Intentional misspellings are really hard! I had to type it correctly, then take out the R. Yet it comes so easily to others.
I go nucular (as opposed to balistick) when I see things like that.

There's a difference between failure to type better and failure to know better. I can overlook the former, but the latter is irritating.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
So, are people here striving to be textbook perfect, without character or artistic creativity?
Not me - that would suck.
I doubt the people who are carelessly murdering spelling and grammar are doing it to be "artistic" or "creative".

Nice try at changing the subject, but it won't work, hehehe.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I go nucular (as opposed to balistick) when I see things like that.

There's a difference between failure to type better and failure to know better. I can overlook the former, but the latter is irritating.
Oh yeah.....good ol' nucular. That one just slays me......and since we're going nucular and all (which is affiliated largely with war) I'd also like to point out how much I enjoy (not) when people say gernade, instead of grenade.

Just one of those little peeve-y pronunciation things for me, along with pitcher vs picture.

And a new one: I have a co-worker who refuses, absolutely refuses to say banana. It's 'nanies', as in nah-knees.
She has one in her lunch every day, and every day it's 'Time for my nanie!'. I just want to scream and claw my face every single time she says it.

(closest smilie I could find to screaming and clawing of the face....)

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlillydownunder View Post
Oh yeah.....good ol' nucular. That one just slays me......and since we're going nucular and all (which is affiliated largely with war) I'd also like to point out how much I enjoy (not) when people say gernade, instead of grenade.

Just one of those little peeve-y pronunciation things for me, along with pitcher vs picture.

And a new one: I have a co-worker who refuses, absolutely refuses to say banana. It's 'nanies', as in nah-knees.
She has one in her lunch every day, and every day it's 'Time for my nanie!'. I just want to scream and claw my face every single time she says it.

(closest smilie I could find to screaming and clawing of the face....)
Oh, please do smack her (not yourself) and tell her the Mighty Queen made you do it. I hate adults who speak in babytalk.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, please do smack her (not yourself) and tell her the Mighty Queen made you do it. I hate adults who speak in babytalk.
I'm an adult and use babytalk with my dog all the time. She understands it, too, and she's also an adult.

(She doesn't care for 'nanies, though.)

Remember Archie Bunker? He frequently said words that were similar sounding to what he meant, and isn't it funny that we all understood?
Should we be worried that we did?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'm an adult and use babytalk with my dog all the time. She understands it, too, and she's also an adult.

(She doesn't care for 'nanies, though.)

Remember Archie Bunker? He frequently said words that were similar sounding to what he meant, and isn't it funny that we all understood?
Should we be worried that we did?

Well, babytalk with your PETS is a whole nother story (I have four cats, but nobody is around to hear me talk to them, hehehe).

I loved Archie Bunker!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,659,091 times
I just came flying in here from another forum. YIKES. I seek refuge, please.

Rats were a meta fore.

That's an exact c & p. Someone tell me I am seeing things.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,923,099 times
Stick around NewEngland!

YouTube - Bachman-Turner Overdrive- You Ain't Seen Nothin Yet

Old 04-05-2011, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Piky piky piky - zo longes az der mennins gets akross y bothr wid spllin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing