Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 08:10 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
A Guardian Ad Liter is only empowered to protect your liquid assets.

Oh, that's a good one

Old 01-30-2014, 02:25 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
"ass a tablespoonful of schmaltz"

Describing how to improve a recipe. That's some kind of mental image .

Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
"Blame all the perferresers in the arts."

I hope y'all have seen this guy's writing over in Politics. He is in the "School trashed lunches..." thread and has written the above word quite a few times in his rambling, badly written posts. He really means professors.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

I hope y'all have seen this guy's writing over in Politics. He is in the "School trashed lunches..." thread and has written the above word quite a few times in his rambling, badly written posts. He really means professors.
I've come across some whose writings are so consistently atrocious that I don't bother bringing examples here unless they're amusing.
I doubt it's acceptable to post a users name so as to access all their posts

Old 02-01-2014, 05:33 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post

Makes you wonder how he says it.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:33 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Default I am mailing you my aunt and uncle and 3 of their children

A cousin with whom I share an interest in genealogy emailed me these today:

... excerpts from actual letters sent to the Family History Department, Salt Lake City, Utah.

I have a hard time finding myself in London. If I were there I was very small and cannot be found.

This family had 7 nephews that I am unable to find. If you know who they are, please add them to the list.

Will you please send me the name of my first wife? I have forgotten her name.

Our 2nd great-grandfather was found dead crossing the plains in the library.

He and his daughter are listed as not being born.

I would like to find out if I have any living relatives or dead relatives or ancestors in my family.

Will you send me a list of all the Dripps in your library?

My Grandfather died at the age of 3.

We are sending you 5 children in a separate envelope.

Documentation: Family Bible in possession of Aunt Merle until the tornado hit Topeka, Kansas. Now only the Good Lord knows where it is.

I am mailing you my aunt and uncle and 3 of their children

The wife of #22 could not be found. Somebody suggested that she might have been stillborn--what do you think?

Enclosed please find my Grandmother. I have worked on her for 30 years without success. Now see what you can do!

Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
"My target in West Hollywood is definatley upscale. We dont even have a walmart here, but the few ive ever been to are horrifying."

The poster's grammar is more horrifying.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
In the automotive subforum, a poster disagreed with a premise by saying "This makes zero since !!!!!!" (Exclamation points his).

Old 02-01-2014, 02:34 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Makes you wonder how he says it.
I sat here last night trying to pronounce what he wrote and I just can't do it. I actually tried to read the word he wrote (instead of what he meant) in the sentence and kept chuckling because I would stumble over perferrrreerrrsserrr - however it was spelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A cousin with whom I share an interest in genealogy emailed me these today:

... excerpts from actual letters sent to the Family History Department, Salt Lake City, Utah.

I have a hard time finding myself in London. If I were there I was very small and cannot be found.

This family had 7 nephews that I am unable to find. If you know who they are, please add them to the list.

Will you please send me the name of my first wife? I have forgotten her name.

Our 2nd great-grandfather was found dead crossing the plains in the library.

He and his daughter are listed as not being born.

I would like to find out if I have any living relatives or dead relatives or ancestors in my family.

Will you send me a list of all the Dripps in your library?

My Grandfather died at the age of 3.

We are sending you 5 children in a separate envelope.

Documentation: Family Bible in possession of Aunt Merle until the tornado hit Topeka, Kansas. Now only the Good Lord knows where it is.

I am mailing you my aunt and uncle and 3 of their children

The wife of #22 could not be found. Somebody suggested that she might have been stillborn--what do you think?

Enclosed please find my Grandmother. I have worked on her for 30 years without success. Now see what you can do!
People write some of the funniest things.

Old 02-02-2014, 06:04 AM

"..... movement presents on possible miss leading research."

Women should certainly have as much of a chance as men to be leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing