Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 01:00 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,124 times

Advertisements

Oh, I want to thank everyone for their comments about Powell and the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM

777 posts, read 3,197,868 times
I just moved here to Cody 3 days ago, and am very impressed. The folks here have made this "ex" Californian feel right at home. I have already figured out how to avoid the downtwn tourist traffic, so getting around is not bad at all.
My neighbors are super friendly folks. Heck the neighbor boy came over with the lawn tractor and mowed down the yard for me, and he and his step brother, and father came over and helped unload the 26 foot U-Haul in short order. They wouldn't even accept in money from me. Simply amazing over what you would find in CA.
In my opinion the rent isn't bad. We are paying $1050 month for a 2 acre horse property with a 2 bedroom house out on South Fork Hwy. I don't know, seems cheap to me, but then again I am used to inflated CA prices.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 AM

99 posts, read 245,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOU-CANT-EAT-SCENERY View Post
I just moved here to Cody 3 days ago, and am very impressed. The folks here have made this "ex" Californian feel right at home. I have already figured out how to avoid the downtwn tourist traffic, so getting around is not bad at all.
My neighbors are super friendly folks. Heck the neighbor boy came over with the lawn tractor and mowed down the yard for me, and he and his step brother, and father came over and helped unload the 26 foot U-Haul in short order. They wouldn't even accept in money from me. Simply amazing over what you would find in CA.
In my opinion the rent isn't bad. We are paying $1050 month for a 2 acre horse property with a 2 bedroom house out on South Fork Hwy. I don't know, seems cheap to me, but then again I am used to inflated CA prices.
So good to hear that you have made your move to Wyoming! We have been in Clark for a little over a month now and find the same to be true about people here. Couldn't ask for a more welcoming, good salt-of-the-earth community.

Wishing you the very best in your new digs!

Old 07-19-2010, 03:46 AM

51 posts, read 96,928 times
Great to hear from both of you!! Keep us posted on how you like both Cody and Clark

Old 07-24-2010, 07:42 AM

7 posts, read 24,175 times
Cody.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM

3,649 posts, read 6,292,578 times
2 acre horse property.... that a lot of hay to feed a horse. Turn 8 out into a 20 for 4 hours aday and that irrigated

Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 AM

777 posts, read 3,197,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
2 acre horse property.... that a lot of hay to feed a horse. Turn 8 out into a 20 for 4 hours aday and that irrigated
We have 3 horses and 2 minis

Old 08-08-2010, 05:15 PM

6 posts, read 19,531 times
I can vouch for Sheridan. I've lived here for 5 years now and really like it (so much I finally purchased a house this month... close next month). I work for the school district and can say that it is a very good school district (as are the other two districts in the surrounding area). Housing is probably the biggest "con" of living here, but it is getting better. This is the first year that home prices have been affordable for me and they seem to have come down about $30k for the smaller 1-2 bedroom homes since last year.

Sheridan does have a community feel to it, but it just isn't as noticeable year around as in other places like Buffalo/Dayton/Ranchester. But the community does come together regularly for events like Rodeo week, Xmas stroll, 4th July, etc. Our downtown district is tops too, with tons of local shops to browse.

I lived in Buffalo (south 37 miles) for a couple of years and liked it too. It is a bit closer to the Big Horns and is much smaller in population (@3000). But Sheridan has more services available and more job opportunities. Billings, MT is a short 1.5 hour drive where you can find everything you can't locally too.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 PM

2 posts, read 10,999 times
I moved to Sheridan a little shy of 4 years now and love it. I moved here from Michigan as did about 25 other friends and we are all still here. I was very nervous about it since I had never been here before but my husband got a job here so the kids and I jumped on a plane with only our suitcases of clothes and here we stay. I love the schools, teachers, community, people, hunting, fishing, hiking, and how family orientated people are. I have a beautiful view of the mountains out my picture window and we spend as much time as we can in the Big Horns. The cost of living was much more expensive when we first moved out here but it has been dropping. I would recommend anyone to move out here. We now have things we never had in Michigan; everything I already mentioned but also our beautiful horses, dog, cat, and chickens. I absolutely love Sheridan!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Years ago (1950's) I visited my great aunt in Powell. I really didn't stay more than a couple days, but I liked the place. I will be visiting Powell within the next month. I will report my feelings after I return.

Popcorn247..................how'd that visit to Powell swing ya'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming