Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM

507 posts, read 662,379 times

Advertisements

Got curious enough to look at those...wouldn't put too much into these Homesnack/Roadsnack deals. Good for laughs.

They have Bar Nunn at No. 1 on richest cities in Wyoming. Kemmerer at No. 2, and Wright at No. 3. (Move over, Jackson)
Well I will say this for Bar Nunn; unlike Jackson, they have kept out McDonalds, Taco Bell, Motel 6-that kind of middle class stuff. Wright? If you aren't a "special people" have you ever tried to get a lunch reservation at Hank's Roadside Grill? Their
photo for Wright is a building on the UW campus in Laramie.

They're warning people away from Fremont County, is Dubois that bad? They don't have the Dube on any of their lists.

Honestly, I think this is a site that crunches numbers or stats and doubt they ever spent much time around Wyoming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 11:46 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
Got curious enough to look at those...wouldn't put too much into these Homesnack/Roadsnack deals. Good for laughs.

They have Bar Nunn at No. 1 on richest cities in Wyoming. Kemmerer at No. 2, and Wright at No. 3. (Move over, Jackson)
Well I will say this for Bar Nunn; unlike Jackson, they have kept out McDonalds, Taco Bell, Motel 6-that kind of middle class stuff. Wright? If you aren't a "special people" have you ever tried to get a lunch reservation at Hank's Roadside Grill? Their

They're warning people away from Fremont County, is Dubois that bad? They don't have the Dube on any of their lists.

Honestly, I think this is a site that crunches numbers or stats and doubt they ever spent much time around Wyoming.

I do hear a lot of good things from other sources in this order: Sheridan, Cody, Powell, Buffalo and Lander.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:13 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post

Here's another list. A problem common to all of the lists is not knowing what percentage of homes are legal residences.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wyom...-cities-in-wy/

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 08-09-2018 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-06-2018, 08:02 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,402,758 times
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...y-taxes/11585/

And, I compared my town vs Cody
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 01:07 AM..

Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,402,758 times
Btw - my license plate renewal was $20 last month. It's a 2017 Ram

Is WY still charging outrageous sums? I'll bet they are.............

Old 09-06-2018, 08:22 AM

507 posts, read 662,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDawg View Post
Btw - my license plate renewal was $20 last month. It's a 2017 Ram

Is WY still charging outrageous sums? I'll bet they are.............
20 bucks? So where the heck do you live? 2017 Ram is about a 400 dollar plate in Wyoming. But hey
once your truck is six years old, you would be down to something like 250 a year.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:54 AM

8,499 posts, read 8,790,853 times
Look at the comparison link OneDawg provided. The other tax rates and the average incomes. If you are going to make a big deal about taxes, make it about total taxes. Lots of states are high or low on one but most are pretty close when you put them altogether. Incomes come before and are usually more important than taxes. But sort it out for your own situation. One Dawg found the right combo for him, now.

Last edited by NW Crow; 09-06-2018 at 10:15 AM..

Old 09-06-2018, 12:39 PM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
[quote=OneDawg;53010192]https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...y-taxes/11585/

And, I compared my town vs Cody
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

So what is your point?

looks like you are in Georgia(?)

According to wallethub Wyo still got you beat on lower taxes as a whole...even if vehicle licensing is more in wyoming. our property taxes are lower and we have no state income tax. Although Im sure this can vary alot with each persons individual situation.

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst...taxpayer/2416/

Last edited by Yac; 09-07-2018 at 01:07 AM..

Old 09-06-2018, 04:28 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,276 times
Plates for my 92' Silverado set me back $145 last year...hoping they did'nt go up again this year, here in Park County...

Old 09-06-2018, 06:50 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
My wife moved here 19 years ago from Oregon and still moans about license plate costs. When she moved here, her car was a year old. License plates (for all cars, any age) cost $50 for two years, so $25 per year. Of course she had to pay sales tax on the car to Wyoming before she could buy the expensive plates. I don't remember the total with cost that first time, but you'd have thought she was robbed at gunpoint. Oregon doesn't have sales tax either. But the do have state income tax and property tax that's not the cheapest.

Wyomingites have it pretty good with taxes, since energy companies pay for the majority of our taxes. If only energy production was more stable....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming