Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 07:15 AM

28 posts, read 44,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Original local owners went bankrupt. New company came in 2 years ago. They are known for land sales, not running a property to high standards. So check everything carefully.

I'd based any review on what's there and has funding to continue and pretty much discount any expectations / promises about the future development / services.

Lots are clustered close together with open space elsewhere.

Compare to alternatives. What part of the amenities are meaningful to you and what they worth vs. the fees and possible shared liability responsibilities? Consider sale prices AND resale prospects.

Prefer to do things yourself or trust / pay others to manage them?
Thanks. I don't even know how I got that. Must have been when I was looking at land. I must admit that I was interested in the underground utilities and sewer but put off by the lot sizes and how close neighbors were. We have a lot of developers like that here in east Tennessee and they get horrible reviews. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2020, 01:19 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_TN View Post
Thanks. I don't even know how I got that. Must have been when I was looking at land. I must admit that I was interested in the underground utilities and sewer but put off by the lot sizes and how close neighbors were. We have a lot of developers like that here in east Tennessee and they get horrible reviews. Thanks again!
Those lots have been there with utilities for many years now. Don't know anything about the land or prices but the fact that someone obviously bought up the land years ago, put in utilities and the lots have been sitting forever tells me everything I need to know.

Located in a beautiful area surrounded by mountains, about 10 miles or so from downtown Cody. Be cautious. Very cautious.

Old 08-16-2020, 01:41 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,611,556 times
The only Copperleaf that I know is about thirty miles from Cody. I know nothing about the new owners, but the old owners had insanely high prices coupled with covenants. People here look for county ordnance only.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:01 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The only Copperleaf that I know is about thirty miles from Cody. I know nothing about the new owners, but the old owners had insanely high prices coupled with covenants. People here look for county ordnance only.
Yeah you've got the right place - I was way off on my distance Happy. I always underestimate distances between Cody and the park. To the OP - Nice area but like everything else do due diligence on your own, don't take what anyone says about land at face value, and come see the place for yourself.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:00 PM

28 posts, read 44,620 times
I am coming out on September 6 to check out the state. Going to start in S. Dakota and spend a week driving across Wyoming.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:18 PM

17,813 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_TN View Post
I am coming out on September 6 to check out the state. Going to start in S. Dakota and spend a week driving across Wyoming.
Be patient with Wyoming. It saves the best for last.

Old 08-17-2020, 06:46 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,351,375 times
"Be patient with Wyoming. It saves the best for last."

Or: one could (also) say: Wyoming (property-owners) typically save the 'best' for ONLY the 'best OF the best, of the best'.

(ie: there's a fair-amount of 'snobbishness' going on here, to be sure...

...they just cover (dress ?) it up with a rather clever fusion of 'down-home-hospitality' and 'rugged-individualism' meets 'good-salt-of-the-earth' witches-potion, which is SURE to reel-in the most experienced of venture-capitalists, and doe-eye'd 'preppers', alike...

...and they won't lose a minute of sleep, afterwards...cuz, "hey...ya should'a done yer homework, pard..."

BE. MINDFUL.

Old 08-18-2020, 02:55 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,405,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
About 20-22 miles no more, unless you're going via Sheep Mountain.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 824 times
We recently bought in SE Wyoming off Hwy 34, about 45 minutes south of Wheatland. 74 acres for $90k. After driving around the state, we liked this area best for the hills and mountains and the vicinity (about 1.5 hours) to Cheyenne and Colorado. We wanted space, really. Definitely check crime rates in towns you’re considering. Rawlings, for example, has insane sexual predator populations and the crime otherwise is very high. Lots of immigrant and transient workers.
Where we will be, we’re told the roads close for a month or two so expect to be either plowing snow or staying home working on jigsaw puzzles. ������. Far out will mean the roads are going to be last to get cleared.
Agree with you that this country has lost its mind and folks are leaving these coyotes for some peace and security.
Thank you for your work as a LEO. A noble career, regardless of what people say these days.

Old 08-19-2020, 03:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,611,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberWhatMatters View Post
We recently bought in SE Wyoming off Hwy 34, about 45 minutes south of Wheatland. 74 acres for $90k. After driving around the state, we liked this area best for the hills and mountains and the vicinity (about 1.5 hours) to Cheyenne and Colorado. We wanted space, really. Definitely check crime rates in towns you’re considering. Rawlings [Rawlins], for example, has insane sexual predator populations and the crime otherwise is very high. Lots of immigrant and transient workers.
Where we will be, we’re told the roads close for a month or two so expect to be either plowing snow or staying home working on jigsaw puzzles. ������. Far out will mean the roads are going to be last to get cleared.
Agree with you that this country has lost its mind and folks are leaving these coyotes for some peace and security.
Thank you for your work as a LEO. A noble career, regardless of what people say these days.
Of course Rawlins has a high number of sex offenders: it's the location of the state prison. That's where the criminals are.

Crime in most years is below the national average. Clinton carried only 20% of the vote in 2016.

//www.city-data.com/city/Rawlins-Wyoming.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming