Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 12:58 PM

590 posts, read 931,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
It takes a LOT of CA transplants to keep an 'In-N-Out' alive.

Do you have enough of them in WY?

(There is nothing special about their burgers, or fries)
WY residents might not be as interested in flocking to a Drive-thru, as your typical 'greenie' resident (who is likely from CA).
Since Wyoming isn't even in the top 20 states Californians are moving to, nor is any city in Wyoming in the top 50 Californian's are moving to, any I-N-O in Wyoming would likely have to survive on Wyomingite's and their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2020, 03:14 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,285,688 times
I stay with Culvers and if there not a Culvers We go to 5 guys , or a local owned burger place

Old 09-12-2020, 07:10 PM

507 posts, read 661,522 times
I stop at In-N-Out regularly in travels. Never pass one without stopping. (Mostly CA, NV, AZ and UT, haven't been to any in TX) Still remember the first time-Barstow. While the burgers and fries (and shakes) are reason enough, over the years of gaining my cult member, I mean, cognoscenti status, I have been reinforced by learning much more about the outfit.

If ya didn't know, they are not a franchise. All In-N-Out are company owned-it's a family business. Lynsi Snyder is the current owner of the company which was started by her grandparents. While deciding to go for expansion, she has pledged that she will always remain true to the ideals of her family. It's also a Christian company. You'll find Bible verse numbers on the drink cups, fry boats, burger wrappers, etc. She started a foundation years ago to work against child exploitation and trafficking, and more recently another foundation, Army of Love. They've been involved in founding Christian schools, while a couple years ago, she gave the commencement speech at Biola University, which her family have long supported.

They do the distribution centers so the food isn't frozen. While waiting for order, (and you will always have to wait at In-N-
Out) I've watched the potatoes go from spuds, to peeled, washed, and into the french fry squisher thingy, and then as the fries come out, straight into the fryer. They promote from within, and it is possible to go from a kid working there to being a manager. Recent article said average salary for In-N-Out store manager is 160k per year. They take care of the help.

I've always associated them with CA and other warm places, so my only issue with her expansion is that they are moving in to places where they can't put up the trademark crossed palm trees. There's sort of a nostalgic CA car culture bent to In-N-Out culture. T-shirts and stuff they sell have scenes of muscle cars and a sort of an American Graffiti type mojo. Lynsi Snyder is a car nut, and races cars for a hobby (which she developed under the tutelage of her father).

Anyway, doubt they will go north of Cheyenne. One is supposed to open in Ft Collins. I think they must have a certain population target (they are always packed) and the smaller towns in WY don't have that many people. Burger King in Wheatland just closed a month or so ago. If they do go farther into WY, I think I will put some fake palm trees in my yard.

Old 09-13-2020, 09:05 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
It takes a LOT of CA transplants to keep an 'In-N-Out' alive.

Do you have enough of them in WY?

(There is nothing special about their burgers, or fries)
WY residents might not be as interested in flocking to a Drive-thru, as your typical 'greenie' resident (who is likely from CA).
I just love these fad eating places. It wasn't long ago there was a big to-do that Five Guys was opening up a store in Sioux Falls followed by the same hype about Popeye's. The way it was hyped you'd swear that all other franchise restaurants might just as well close up shop as they wouldn't have any business.

Fast forward only a year or so after both arrived and you can walk right up to the counter or be first in line at the drive up at almost any time of the day now.

Incidentally, the best drive up burger in town is called Burger Time and for chicken it's The Keg, and they're both locally owned.

Old 09-13-2020, 10:49 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,082 times
Quote:
. . .
Now... I would take a Rubio's! (Fish Taco Tuesday), but don't think they would fly in WY either. There are a few in CO, but I haven't seen them any too busy.
All Rubio's in Colorado are closed. They shut down for covid-19 and in June announced they will not reopen.
Rubio’s Coastal Grill won’t reopen its six Colorado locations

Old 09-13-2020, 04:45 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,184,722 times
Our family all likes In & Out. Fresh ingredients, simple menu, good food, and they pay their employees pretty darn good compared to the other places. I always get a double double, fries, and a vanilla shake.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:06 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
In N Out grand opening today in Colorado Springs and Aurora.

Since In N Out doesn't use freezers to transport their beef patties, they only have a 500 mile radius from their distribution center. That basically opens up New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and South Dakota as for their new market. Expect to see Cheyenne getting one in the future.

This link will give you an idea where they can open new locations.

1707 Spring Water Point, Colorado Springs, CO

https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php

Old 11-20-2020, 01:15 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
In N Out grand opening today in Colorado Springs and Aurora.

Since In N Out doesn't use freezers to transport their beef patties, they only have a 500 mile radius from their distribution center. That basically opens up New Mexico, Wyoming, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and South Dakota as for their new market. Expect to see Cheyenne getting one in the future.

This link will give you an idea where they can open new locations.

1707 Spring Water Point, Colorado Springs, CO

https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php
Interesting... that puts the western KC metro area in the radius as well. Wonder if they’ll open there.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:08 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
Five Guys is better

Old 11-22-2020, 11:43 AM

5,583 posts, read 5,003,754 times
There was a 14 hour wait for a new opening of in and out burger in Colorado
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming