Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 11:32 AM

8,957 posts, read 20,385,036 times

Advertisements

Wonder how many people, who live in Wyoming, look/dress like they came from inside a big-major city in the U.S.? They have absolutely no interest in ag, rodeo, ranching or anything western? I thought Wyoming was suppose to be western?? Then again...........

Old 06-04-2022, 01:02 PM

561 posts, read 438,373 times
I think you’ll find that in 2022 the only people left in the U.S. who dress that way are ranchers and a very small amount of rural country folk in various states. Most people, even rural or “country bumpkins” don’t get all fitted out with cowboy/cowgirl gear in public. Even here in rural Texas, the country bumpkin capital of the US, you’ll rarely find anything beyond jeans and a tshirt. Cowboy/cowgirl hat sometimes accompanies it, but that’s about it. All my driving out west in the most rural of places including WY it isn’t that common to see most people dress up when out in public in their ranching or rodeo gear. EDIT *unless running a quick errand*

This was VERY different in the 70s and in 80s when I grew up obviously. Chalk it up to societal evolution good or bad.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:35 PM

400 posts, read 455,249 times

Old 06-04-2022, 08:31 PM

507 posts, read 662,985 times
lately, wonder how many people, who live in Wyoming, are still going as nature intended? They used to wear a hat, and boots, and then in between was...well, gee whiz! Have they started covering it all up just like they do in big-major cities?

Old 06-04-2022, 11:11 PM

400 posts, read 455,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
lately, wonder how many people, who live in Wyoming, are still going as nature intended? They used to wear a hat, and boots, and then in between was...well, gee whiz! Have they started covering it all up just like they do in big-major cities?
Well, the times…they are a-changin’.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoshWyo View Post
Well, the times…they are a-changin’.
Well, that sure doesn't mean everyone wants, or even, likes that! We have to put up with it, but still.

Old 06-05-2022, 10:02 AM

I know this post isn't about Wyoming, but, to a point it's like Wyoming: Got a message from a senior friend who lives in Spearfish, SD. and she told me how much, as in homes, are being built in the area. She said "I just can't believe it. Where in the heck are these people coming from? This is so weird." Her and her husband took over a house that his daughter use to have.

Then again, her entire working career, as a RN in a school, was in So California. They both dress like they still live in So California and have absolutely no interest in anything about SD, except the house. They travel south in the wintertime to try and stay away from SD winters. However, they aren't Snowbirds, they just fly and drive around the south.

So, why is she so upset with the incoming number of people? Well, where they live, WAS pretty empty of any homes and that's why they liked the area so much.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:26 AM

I want to make this perfectly clear; we aren't looking for place where everyone dresses like they just got off of their horse after a cattle drive on a ranch and drove into town/city.

With as many outsiders moving to Wyoming, and some coming that don't want to, and won't, change things and those that may want to change a lot of things. Anyone moving there should already know what Wyoming is really about, because it's called The Cowboy State for a reason as for both ranching and rodeo. But, can't stop those ones that have no interest in either from moving there. Then, there are those that can't ranch/farm and/or rodeo anymore, but still have a serious interest/belief in all.

A lot of forum members can tell those asking about certain areas/towns/cities in the U.S. "do you really want to move there?" or something like that. Some will change their minds about where they thought would be a great place to move to, while others will ignore any criticisms of the area/town/city and move anyway. Sometimes things work out and other times, not.

As for us, and I've stated this a few times in replies, we don't, always wear western clothes. Summertime can be shorts/tennis shoes/baseball cap, unless going to a rodeo, steakhouse or some western event. Our apartment is decorated in a lot of rodeo/western pictures, but we are into more than just that. However, we are very serious rodeo fans and love seeing livestock by going to a auction or driving by a farm/ranch. We will never give up on rodeo/tv-movie westerns or The Old West and our apartment does show that.

In reading what parts of Wyoming is like, we really wonder what Montana today is like. And, no Montana isn't in our future, but just wonder.

Last edited by BabyBoomers2; 06-05-2022 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-05-2022, 12:04 PM

788 posts, read 1,743,098 times
https://youtu.be/izUEPS9Jc2M

Old 06-05-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
Who's "stirring the pot"??? Asking questions and making statements is doing that?? If so, just what is this forum for??

All I ask was about "people and Wyoming" and I get ridiculed for doing that??? Come on now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming