Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 AM

268 posts, read 1,109,625 times

Advertisements

We now have been here 17 days.
The area is wonderful and the people are great.

Why am I still having crying spells?

Why do I have trouble getting up in the am?

Is this normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 11:26 AM

251 posts, read 1,129,474 times
Sorry automom, but as long as your children see you crying and moping around, they will be apprehensive and you WILL have trouble. I suggest you get a grip.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:42 AM

559 posts, read 2,118,506 times
Smile I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by autimom4ever View Post
We now have been here 17 days.
The area is wonderful and the people are great.

Why am I still having crying spells?

Why do I have trouble getting up in the am?

Is this normal?
Sounds like you have a depressive spell going on. Have you found a local doctor yet? If so, make an appointment to see him. If not, a visit to an urgent care center would be in order. There are medications that can help with things like this. Seeing a doctor is very reasonable; if you are suffering from depression, he can help. If not, then at least you know.

If you won't see a doctor for yourself, then think about your children. They will do much better if you've taken care of yourself.

Good luck, honey...

P.S. Depression after a major life event, such as a move, is very common and can be easily dealt with; just see your doctor.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:06 PM

238 posts, read 1,249,691 times
autimom4ever...It does sound like you have some depression going on..as bck suggested..There is nothing WRONG with you..it happens to people all the time but you need to take care of yourself!! See a doctor..Your family needs you, especially your children. Seeing Mom out of sorts can be quite upsetting & unsettling to children.
Hopefully once you are working & the school routine starts you will feel better but if not do see a doc...
Be well...

Old 08-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Thank you..

Thanks you two for your supportive posts.

I saw a doctor, and he, too, states this is normal (but I don't feel it right now). It's called adjustment syndrome.

I am going to see someone and, hopefully, in time (Soon), these daily tears will subside.

What's so strange about the whole thing is that the people here are wonderful... There is no real need for the tears...they just come...

Again, thanks

Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 PM

559 posts, read 2,118,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autimom4ever View Post
Thanks you two for your supportive posts.

I saw a doctor, and he, too, states this is normal (but I don't feel it right now). It's called adjustment syndrome.

I am going to see someone and, hopefully, in time (Soon), these daily tears will subside.

What's so strange about the whole thing is that the people here are wonderful... There is no real need for the tears...they just come...

Again, thanks
I'm glad you have seen a physician. If you don't feel more "yourself" in another week or so, see the physician again (or someone else if you desire) and ask if you might have a mild antidepressant. If he feels it appropriate, that may help you quite a bit. Good luck, honey! I'll say a prayer for you!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 AM

119 posts, read 565,479 times
Autimom4ever:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience in moving to your new home. I was thinking of you this morning as I took my morning walk. To help make your mornings easier how about setting the alarm 30 minutes earlier than normal and taking a walk around your new neighborhood. The morning air and sun might help you make it through the hard time of the day. The new habit might help replace the morning tears. This morning on my walk I was watching the cardinals flying around the flowers and it made me smile. I wish you the best.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupperpatr View Post
Autimom4ever:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience in moving to your new home. I was thinking of you this morning as I took my morning walk. To help make your mornings easier how about setting the alarm 30 minutes earlier than normal and taking a walk around your new neighborhood. The morning air and sun might help you make it through the hard time of the day. The new habit might help replace the morning tears. This morning on my walk I was watching the cardinals flying around the flowers and it made me smile. I wish you the best.
That is a nice suggestion. May I ask, do you live in SC? If so, what city?

Thanks for the thoughts

Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 PM

6 posts, read 57,651 times
Default Paint

Work will always make you feel better. You've got a heavy load there. But you've maintained before and you will again.

I suggest you paint a room. Even a small one. It doesn't cost much and the activity of selecting the paint color and utensils will occupy you for a while. Plus it will help you to make the house your own.

Paint it!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 PM

119 posts, read 565,479 times
On my way to Fountain Inn (near Greenville) by the end of the year. Our house is on the market and the new house is ready to begin construction. We are currently in Vermont. I have had a hard time with the thought of moving and leaving home - still working on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties