Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandie View Post
Since you are in the food business- You knew that what you wrote previously could hurt our busness. So why would you do that? Again let me stress we never had a "B" sticker on our door. We are a family owned business trying to make it. We have never been rated on Fortunes 500 and we sure don't compare to McDonalds (I hope) but we take pride in our food and we are thankful for each customer that comes in our doors. Business has really picked up! Like I said God is faithful!

Sorry we are not open on Sunday's but come in during the week we would love to have you!
I was not attempting to hurt your business. However, consumers have a right to know what sanitation grade a restaurant receives in order to ensure their own personal safety, which is why the information is public. Sorrty, my health and not getting sick is infinitely more important than you making a few dollars. Would I eat at one of our restaurants with a score of 83? Absolutely not. Again, if they made the proper corrections, I would eat there as I have stated in my previous threads regarding your business. I have heard restaurant owners/managers say "the low score had nothing to do with the food" and then I read the report and there are numerous violations for not washing hands, not sanitizing or properly cleaning utensils and things like that, which are worse infractions. What I was stating was that could have been one reason your business was slow as that is a popular website and consumers do use it. Do you think it's a coincidence that your business went up after your grade improved to a 95? I know the Charlotte area well and people tend to flock to new things around here. I have also worked in and managed pizza places, restauarants, and banquet halls for 15 years or so before my current position which is for a foodservice company, though for the most part I am not directly involved in preparing food anymore I still take classes to keep abreast of foodsafety and other culinary knowledge.

As an example, would you eat at the Fuel Pizza down the street from you after seeing this? A grade below 70 warrants a shutdown, so they just missed it.

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

Last edited by groove1; 09-18-2007 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 01:44 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
As an example, would you eat at the Fuel Pizza down the street from you after seeing this? A grade below 70 warrants a shutdown, so they just missed it.

Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

Ouch! That's really bad. I ate there once and wasn't impressed with the pizza. Had I known they scored that low, I definitely would have skipped it.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Ouch! That's really bad. I ate there once and wasn't impressed with the pizza. Had I known they scored that low, I definitely would have skipped it.
I have had Fuel from a few of their locations and it's never good. My favorite pizza now is Carmella's is in the old Pizza Planet at the Regent Park entrance. That is one example of an establishment that also received an initial low score but corrected the problems. I eat there every weekend now. They have a very extensive menu for a pizza place.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:52 PM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
We LOVED Carmella's the one time we went there. Great pizzas and nice staff.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I have had Fuel from a few of their locations and it's never good. My favorite pizza now is Carmella's is in the old Pizza Planet at the Regent Park entrance. That is one example of an establishment that also received an initial low score but corrected the problems. I eat there every weekend now. They have a very extensive menu for a pizza place.
Cool. I'll have to try them out. We've been getting into Marco's on Cherry Road in Rock Hill these last few weekends. I'll have to compare them.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:07 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandie View Post
Since you are in the food business- You knew that what you wrote previously could hurt our busness. So why would you do that? Again let me stress we never had a "B" sticker on our door. We are a family owned business trying to make it. We have never been rated on Fortunes 500 and we sure don't compare to McDonalds (I hope) but we take pride in our food and we are thankful for each customer that comes in our doors. Business has really picked up! Like I said God is faithful!

Sorry we are not open on Sunday's but come in during the week we would love to have you!

We plan to make a point of it! Ever since the "barker" on the corner got our attention - when you first opened - we've been anxious to get in there. As soon as we finish moving!

And we did take out from Fuel this evening. I'm going to practice denial and only see the 9/18 score where they got a much higher score.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 PM

13 posts, read 55,894 times
Default Sonny's Dutch Mill

Thanks for the info. Customers have been flocking in lately. I would say that 60% of them are new, and seem to love it. We usually order from A Slice of Italy located in the Rock Hill mall. Lot of pizza for the money and my kids love it (im not a big pizza fan).

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
We LOVED Carmella's the one time we went there. Great pizzas and nice staff.
Yep. That cheese is awesome and they put a lot on it. I would say it is the best pizza I've had in Charlotte, with the possible exception of DaVinci's at UNCC. The wings are good, the fried buffalo chicken sub or as it is known in WNY "chicken finger sub" is good. There original location has good reviews too. Carmella's Pizza Incorporated, 6654 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC on Yahoo! Local We also nominated them for the hidden gem in the Homesteader Welcome to your new home! Welcome to The Homesteader!

Oh, and Fuel did an excellent job and did it quickly. Their follow up grade was a 98 as maga mentioned. Mecklenburg County, NC - Digital Health Department

Last edited by groove1; 09-20-2007 at 12:16 PM..

Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 AM

I tried Si's last night on 521 and didn't care much for it all. It tasted like Little caesar's w/spicier sauce. I also ordered a salad and the guy on the phone said they had a "nice big house salad". It was in a little 4"x4" white styrofoam box with mostly a bunch of white lettuce. For a $1 more I can get a salad big enough for 2-3 people and much fresher down the street at Farley's or even Carmella's/

Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Groove, we tried Carmella's this weekend and thought the pizza was great. Thick crust, a ton of cheese and a good flavored sauce. Had meatballs as the topping and they were good too.

My wife had the eggplant parm sub and thought it was pretty good. About the same as Marco's.

We'll make it a regular place for the pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties