Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 07:34 AM

79 posts, read 280,293 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I would like to know which state you need to be licensed in if you live in SC but work in NC. Does it make a difference since they are both compact states?

Any area hospital information would be helpful, too.

I am looking to relocate in Spring 2009 and will have a 1yr of experience behind me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:21 PM

116 posts, read 550,975 times
I am a pharmacist and our licenses are also reciprocal between states. However, you have to be licensed where you are employed not where you live in our case and I assume the same for all professionals that require licensure. Hope that helps.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:43 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
aduke, I sent you a DM with some info.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,781 times
My wife is a RD. She has NC and SC. You will only need the license where you plan on working.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:19 PM

3 posts, read 14,217 times
Hi there,
I am an RN who lives in SC and have worked in NC for 3 years. Since SC is a compact state now, you will automatically be able to work in NC after you pass your boards. As far as area hospitals, I have worked at Piedmont Medical Center and currently work at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte. While I gained good clinical experience at Piedmont, it does not have the best reputation within the Rock Hill community for various reasons. Working at Carolinas Medical Center has proven a positive for my career.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 PM

77 posts, read 340,781 times
mmarti18
Do you have an estimate on the number of hospitals there are in the greater Charlotte area? I am in hospital sales out west, and I am looking to relocate to the Charlotte area, so I was curious. I will also do a google search, but I thought I would ask a local.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:11 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug17 View Post
mmarti18
Do you have an estimate on the number of hospitals there are in the greater Charlotte area? I am in hospital sales out west, and I am looking to relocate to the Charlotte area, so I was curious. I will also do a google search, but I thought I would ask a local.
I can answer as well. There are two large hospital systems in Charlotte, Carolinas Medical Center and Presbyterian. Both are pretty large and well regarded. There is also Piedmont (operated by Tenet Heatlh) in SC. There is no shortage of hospitals, doctors office, urgent care centers, etc and several more are being built in metro Charlotte. Honestly, you may do better in the Raleigh area because of the universities.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 14,217 times
Hi Doug17,

Groove1 was right in her analysis of our healthcare systems in the area. In addition to CMC and Presby, there is also Gaston Memorial Hospital in Gaston County (right outside of Mecklenburg Co).

Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 PM

19 posts, read 70,227 times
I'm and RN and just moved to Sc and the way that I understand it is that you must have your license where you live to participate in the compact thing...I'll be working for an agency (Crdentia) and working for Presby..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties