Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 PM

10 posts, read 37,767 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for this input, we are planning a year from now to be moving down to clover. Hopefully all will go well selling the house here in CT. We have some work to do on it first.

Very excited about the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,672 times
We are moving to the Carolina's due to my husbands job. We could live basically anywhere close to the Charlotte area. I was doing some research and the Clover area is similar to where we live currently. One of the areas we looking at is Clover Meadows. I heard alot of residents are leaving because of the water/sewage rates. Does anyone know if this is true??? I can't imagine selling your home. How high are they????

Old 05-25-2008, 09:58 AM

622 posts, read 1,782,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrichar View Post
We are moving to the Carolina's due to my husbands job. We could live basically anywhere close to the Charlotte area. I was doing some research and the Clover area is similar to where we live currently. One of the areas we looking at is Clover Meadows. I heard alot of residents are leaving because of the water/sewage rates. Does anyone know if this is true??? I can't imagine selling your home. How high are they????
If Clover Meadows is served by Carolina Water the rates are extremely high compared to other areas. For our family of two, it is costing us about $85 per month. This does not include irrigation as we pump our irrigation water directly from the lake.

In our previous house a neighbor had a very extensive (and expensive) landscape put in. His first water bill was approximately $375. Suprisingly there was a well drilling company at his house within a week.

The water bills include water usage and a sewer fee. Some homes actually have 2 water meters installed. one for household use and one for irrigation. The one used for irrigation does no get charged a sewer fee and supposedly offers some savings.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:42 AM

146 posts, read 572,382 times
My first water bill was $600 which was later proven to not have been zeroed out at closing from the builders account. After an 8 month battle with the agency in Columbia, we were given a $250 credit. So yes, water is high but you learn to manage it and it reallly isn't that bad. We moved from Charlotte and our bills ran about $45 a month. Here, with irrigation, we average about $120. We didn't have a yard where we moved from so we didn't have irrigation. We do larger loads of laundry and dishes. Taxes are lower and schools are great... it's all a trade off in the end.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
Thumbs up Clover schools thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
Clover has very good schools. I'd consider them just a notch below Fort Mill. We considered Clover since you can get more house for the money than in Fort Mill, but the commute to Uptown Charlotte was further than what I wanted to do every day.
I don't know if you have already moved, I'm guessing yes. I drive for the Clover school district and I'd have to say I give them thumbs up from all that I've been involved in. Also my 2 youngest children, now on their own, went to these schools and it was a good move for them. We moved here in '94, after checking the school system out. It was highly rated then also. I wish you the best wherever you are.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:44 PM

10 posts, read 37,767 times
Actaully we haven't moved just yet. Still trying to pick a home out. The lot size was an issue.

Thanks
Mark

Old 08-17-2008, 11:54 AM

6 posts, read 41,498 times
Default moving

We moved from MI a year and a half ago to five points (where York, Lake Wylie, and Clover all meet). We're in Clover Schools and I think it was a good decision. Our kids start next year and I've become friends with many teachers who have good things to say. As for Fort Mill, they do have a slightly better reputation, but it is SO expensive to live there. We looked at Baxter and a few other places, but wouldn't have been able to afford a large enough home for our family.

Bethelfields is a nice community. The lots aren't huge, but there are many trees and some lots do not back up to other homes.

Good luck!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,518 times
Default How are The Oaks at Clover?

True Homes?They seem very good and compare to CPMorgan and are selling better I heard..Any news out there on them ...Clover schools seem good as well?

Old 09-27-2008, 03:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,518 times
Is there seperate taxes for York County?How is the water billy for Clover area...Relocating there from NEWYORK

Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM

25 posts, read 65,143 times
Clover district is realigning its attendance boundaries for 2009, meetings are taking place now to advise parents. Be really careful where to decide to live, as your neighborhood school may change by next year! although, most clover schools are very good, it's just better to know in advance when buying your home, rather than be surprised when it's time to register for school. check out www.clover.k12.sc.us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties