Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 AM

146 posts, read 572,625 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to the new maps for redistricting:
Proposed Attendance Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM

841 posts, read 2,476,442 times
I just moved to Clover Meadows from NYC. So far, I'm enjoying it here. I have 2 kids in Clover Middle School and I can tell a huge difference from NYC schools to Clover Schools. My kids are actually learning and getting good grades. As far as the Water bills go, I really don't think it's that bad. I had sod put in since my last bill and I thought that my bill was going to be really high since we had to water the sod twice a day every day 2-3 weeks and then once a day after that. We are also a family of 4 who like to take long showers and hot soaks in the tub and we have a lot of laundry to do. My bill for all this was $154.00, but I thought it was gonna be a lot more.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 PM

11 posts, read 11,007 times
Default Water concerns in Clover, SC

We are looking at relocating to the Clover area this summer. My husband will be working in Gastonia and we think this will be an easy commute for him. Many of the houses we are looking at have well water. Have there been any problems with wells with the drought that you have been in for the past few years?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 AM

146 posts, read 572,625 times
lots of my friends have their own well/septic tanks. don't recall anybody mentioning they had any problems.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM

28 posts, read 68,262 times
My children go to Crowders Creek. I love the school. We had the choice of Fort Mill or Crowders Creek and we pick Crowders Creek. The schools in Lake Wylie/Clover do not change as much as Fort Mill.
If your looking for a nice area check out Mill Creek Falls. This development is zoned for Crowders Creek.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:52 AM

5 posts, read 15,733 times
snar5, we are moving from CT in a few months as well. Looking to go to Clover, Rock Hill, or Fort Mill. I have a small business (not a local type business) that is going too. Maybe we could keep in contact as to what we see to help each other out. I'm going in a couple days to see some houses in Rock Hill and Clover. I dont mind the more rural types, but my wife might like Rock Hill better...at any rate...we are finally escaping the strangling taxes and ridiculous winters! good luck with your search! I'll PM you what we find. We're looking to spend around 200-250k to get what we want...and it seems you get quite a bit compared to here in CT.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM

299 posts, read 1,071,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by km6807 View Post
Clover district is realigning its attendance boundaries for 2009, meetings are taking place now to advise parents. Be really careful where to decide to live, as your neighborhood school may change by next year! although, most clover schools are very good, it's just better to know in advance when buying your home, rather than be surprised when it's time to register for school. check out www.clover.k12.sc.us
Thanks for this info!!! I am glad I checked this link, because as it turns out, the redistricting eleviated some of the concerns I had about the middle school my daughter we be attending next year if we buy a certain house we like in Clover.

Is "Oakridge Middle School" actually Crowder's Creek Middle, just renamed?

Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM

40 posts, read 75,991 times
Is there any speculation about whether a second high school is being planned, to serve the eastern/Lake Wylie region, just like Oakridge will?

Old 05-13-2009, 04:41 PM

Hello, If you are looking in the area, I would start with Lake Wylie and Clover. I know Rock Hill has more shopping but the clover school district is better. At least from the people who I have spoke to.
I love living in Lake Wylie!!! I hope your search goes well. We are renting or selling our house if you are interested.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Yes Oakridge is Crowders creek middle renamed, but it is a brand new school, just built. They are making Crowders creek just Elementary. The same students will be moving over to the new middle. The Crowders Creek school is great!! They have won the Palmetto gold award the past six years. My daughter has done wonderful there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties