Rush County has a predicted average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L (pico curies per liter) - Highest Potential
Click to draw/clear city borders
Notable locations in La Crosse: La Crosse Municipal Power Plant (A), Kansas Highway Patrol Troop E - Rush (B), La Crosse Police Department (C), Rush County Courthouse (D), Rush County Sheriff's Office (E), Rush County Fire District 4 La Crosse (F), Central Rush County Emergency Medical Services (G), Rush County Health Department (H), Barnard Library (I), Post Rock Museum (J), Barbed Wire Museum (K), La Crosse City Hall (L), Sixty Plus Senior Center (M), Rush County Historical Museum (N), Nekoma Bank Museum (O). Display/hide their locations on the map
Churches in La Crosse include: La Crosse United Methodist Church (A), New Covenant Fellowship (B), La Crosse Seventh Day Adventist Church (C), First Christian Church (D), First Lutheran Church (E), Saint Michael's Catholic Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Park in La Crosse: Grass Park (1). Display/hide its location on the map
Hotels: Green Acre Motel (1515 Main Street), LA Crosse Motel (501 Main).
Courts: County of Rush Clerk Court House (715 Elm), Rush County - District Court County Clerk (715 Elm), Rush-County - District Court Clerk- Clerk Of District Court (715 Elm), Rush-County - Court Services (715 Elm).
Air pollution and air quality trends
Air Quality Index (AQI) level in 2010 was 36.1. This is about average.
Particulate Matter (PM2.5) [µ/m3] level in 2010 was 10.5. This is about average. There were 6 monitors within city limits.
(lower is better)
Drinking water stations with addresses in La Crosse and their reported violations in the past:
LACROSSE, CITY OF (Population served: 1305, Groundwater):
Past monitoring violations:
- Initial Tap Sampling for Pb and Cu - Between JUL-1993 and MAR-1994, Contaminant: Lead & Copper Rule. Follow-up actions: St Compliance achieved (MAR-29-1994)
Percentage of residents living in poverty in 2009: 14.5%
(15.0% for White Non-Hispanic residents, 4.5% for Hispanic or Latino residents, 50.0% for other race residents, 0.0% for two or more races residents)
Average household size:
Percentage of family households:
|This city: || 2.1 people|
|Kansas: || 2.4 people|
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
|This city: || 57.8%|
|Whole state: || 66.2%|
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
|This city: || 4.6%|
|Whole state: || 4.1%|
- Lesbian couples: 0.0% of all households
- Gay men: 0.3% of all households
Detailed information about poverty and poor residents in La Crosse, KS
88 people in nursing homes
La Crosse compared to Kansas state average:
- Median household income below state average.
- Median house value significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- House age above state average.
- Institutionalized population percentage significantly above state average.
- Percentage of population with a bachelor's degree or higher below state average.
Back to the top
Banks with branches in La Crosse (2011 data):
- The Nekoma State Bank: at 801 Main Street, branch established on 1916/09/18. Info updated 2006/11/03: Bank assets: $36.8 mil, Deposits: $32.2 mil, local headquarters, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 2 total offices, Holding Company: Nsb Bancshares, Inc.
- Landmark National Bank: La Crosse Branch at 808 North Main Street, branch established on 1920/01/01. Info updated 2009/05/13: Bank assets: $596.4 mil, Deposits: $456.0 mil, headquarters in Manhattan, KS, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 21 total offices, Holding Company: Landmark Bancorp, Inc.
- Farmers Bank & Trust, National Association: Main Street Branch at 820 Main Street, branch established on 1950/01/11. Info updated 2011/07/22: Bank assets: $648.9 mil, Deposits: $454.2 mil, headquarters in Great Bend, KS, positive income, Agricultural Specialization, 9 total offices, Holding Company: Farmers Enterprises, Inc.
Educational Attainment (%)
School Enrollment by Level of School (%)
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Utility gas (94%)
- Electricity (5%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (1%)
2004 Presidential Election results in Rush County Kansas:
Religion statistics for La Crosse (based on Rush County data)
Percentage of population affiliated with a religious congregations: 71.90%
Breakdown of population affiliated with a religious congregations
Source: Jones, Dale E., et al. 2002. Congregations and Membership in the United States 2000. Nashville, TN: Glenmary Research Center.
|Name||Catholic Church||United Methodist Church||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America||Christian Churches and Churches of Christ||Other|
Tables represent county-level data.
Food Environment Statistics:
Number of convenience stores (with gas):
|Here:||6.24 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||3.84 / 10,000 pop.|Number of full-service restaurants:
|Here:||9.37 / 10,000 pop.|
|Kansas:||7.33 / 10,000 pop.|Adult diabetes rate:
|State:||8.1%|Adult obesity rate:
|Local government employment and payroll (March 2007)|
||Monthly full-time payroll
||Average yearly full-time wage
||Monthly part-time payroll
|Other Government Administration
|Judicial and Legal
|Police Protection - Officers
|Streets and Highways
|Other and Unallocable
|Totals for Government
La Crosse government finances in 2006 (per resident):
- Charges - Solid Waste Management: $133,000 ($98.66)
Sewerage: $100,000 ($74.18)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities: $9,000 ($6.68)
Parks and Recreation: $6,000 ($4.45)
All Other: $4,000 ($2.97)
- Construction - General - Other: $227,000 ($168.40)
- Current Operations - Electric Utilities: $1,105,000 ($819.73)
Water Utilities: $248,000 ($183.98)
Solid Waste Management: $208,000 ($154.30)
Police Protection: $160,000 ($118.69)
Central Staff Services: $148,000 ($109.79)
General - Other: $118,000 ($87.54)
Regular Highways: $85,000 ($63.06)
Parks and Recreation: $28,000 ($20.77)
General Public Buildings: $14,000 ($10.39)
Local Fire Protection: $14,000 ($10.39)
Miscellaneous Commercial Activities, NEC: $4,000 ($2.97)
- General - Interest on Debt: $16,000 ($11.87)
- Long Term Debt Retired Unspecified Public Purpose: $130,000 ($96.44)
- Miscellaneous - General Revenue, NEC: $267,000 ($198.07)
Interest Earnings: $48,000 ($35.61)
Fines and Forfeits: $8,000 ($5.93)
- NEW for 2005 - Long Term Debt Beginning Outstanding - Unspecified Public Purpose: $285,000 ($211.42)
Long Term Debt Outstanding Unspecified Public Purpose: $155,000 ($114.99)
- Other Capital Outlay - General - Other: $21,000 ($15.58)
Solid Waste Management: $8,000 ($5.93)
Water Utilities: $4,000 ($2.97)
- Other Funds - Cash and Securities: $2,006,000 ($1488.13)
- Revenue - Electric Utilities: $1,090,000 ($808.61)
Water Utilities: $255,000 ($189.17)
- Sinking Funds - Cash and Securities: $21,000 ($15.58)
- State Intergovernmental - Highways: $39,000 ($28.93)
- Tax - Property: $366,000 ($271.51)
General Sales and Gross Receipts: $118,000 ($87.54)
Public Utilities Sales: $44,000 ($32.64)
Individual Income: $17,000 ($12.61)
Other License: $3,000 ($2.23)
Alcoholic Beverage License: $1,000 ($0.74)
- Total Salaries and Wages: $553,000 ($410.24)
5.19% of this county's 2006 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2005 ($28,912 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2005 and 2006:
7.32% of this county's 2005 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2006 ($28,735 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2005 and 2006.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2005 and 2006:
Strongest AM radio stations in La Crosse:
- KVGB (1590 AM; 5 kW; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO INC.)
- KRVN (880 AM; 50 kW; LEXINGTON, NE; Owner: NEBRASKA RURAL RADIO ASSOCIATION)
- KGYN (1210 AM; 50 kW; GUYMON, OK; Owner: TELNS BROADCASTING COMPANY, INC.)
- KAYS (1400 AM; 1 kW; HAYS, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KRMG (740 AM; 50 kW; TULSA, OK; Owner: CXR HOLDINGS, INC.)
- WHB (810 AM; 50 kW; KANSAS CITY, MO; Owner: UNION BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KNNS (1510 AM; daytime; 1 kW; LARNED, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KWLS (1290 AM; 5 kW; PRATT, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KGNO (1370 AM; 5 kW; DODGE CITY, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KOIL (1020 AM; 50 kW; PLATTSMOUTH, NE; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KLTT (670 AM; 50 kW; COMMERCE CITY, CO; Owner: KLZ RADIO, INC.)
- KFAB (1110 AM; 50 kW; OMAHA, NE; Owner: CAPSTAR TX LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KFRM (550 AM; 5 kW; SALINA, KS; Owner: TAYLOR COMMUNICATIONS, INC.)
Strongest FM radio stations in La Crosse:
- KBGL (106.9 FM; LARNED, KS; Owner: HULL BROADCASTING, INC.)
- KHCT (90.9 FM; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: HUTCHINSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE)
- KHOK (100.7 FM; HOISINGTON, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KVGB-FM (104.3 FM; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KJLS (103.3 FM; HAYS, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KKQY (101.9 FM; HILL CITY, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC)
- KZLS (107.9 FM; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: WAITT RADIO, INC.)
- KHAZ (99.5 FM; HAYS, KS; Owner: EAGLE RADIO, INC.)
- KPRD (88.9 FM; HAYS, KS; Owner: THE PRAISE NETWORK INC.)
TV broadcast stations around La Crosse:
- KOOD (Channel 9; HAYS, KS; Owner: SMOKY HILLS PUBLIC TELEVISION CORP.)
- KBSH-TV (Channel 7; HAYS, KS; Owner: MEDIA GENERAL BROADCASTING OF SO. CAROLINA HOLDINGS, INC.)
- KSNC (Channel 2; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: EMMIS TELEVISION LICENSE CORPORATION OF WICHITA)
- KBDK (Channel 14; HOISINGTON, KS; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSCC-LP (Channel 14; GREAT BEND, KS; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
La Crosse fatal accident list:
Nov 8, 1993 08:21 AM, Washin, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Nov 28, 1987 03:25 PM, R024, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
May 2, 1980 11:06 PM, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1, Drunken drivers: 1
Jul 9, 1980 01:35 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
National Bridge Inventory (NBI) Statistics
Number of bridges: 1
Total length: 2 meters (7ft)
Total costs: $98,000
Total average daily traffic: 3,170
Total average daily truck traffic: 475
Total future (year 2029) average daily traffic: 4,804
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:
10 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers in La Crosse
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:
- Lat: 38.560778 Lon: -99.328667, Call Sign: WQLR923
Assigned Frequencies: 464.812 MHz
Grant Date: 04/12/2010, Expiration Date: 04/12/2020, Certifier: John B Georg
Registrant: Rural Telephone Service Co., Inc. Nex-Te, 233 East 8th Street, Hays, KS 67601, Phone: (785) 625-2119, Fax: (785) 628-2272, Email:
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:
- KKDT STUDIO, 108 West 8th (Lat: 38.530917 Lon: -99.310111), Type: Pole, Structure height: 11.3 m, Overall height: 11.9 m, Call Sign: WQLK217
Assigned Frequencies: 945.675 MHz
Grant Date: 02/18/2010, Expiration Date: 06/01/2013, Certifier: Lance Sayler
Registrant: Javajava Radio, Pittsburgh, KS 66762, Phone: (417) 741-2158
- KKDT STUDIO, 108 West 8th (Lat: 38.530917 Lon: -99.310111), Type: Pole, Structure height: 11.3 m, Overall height: 11.9 m, Call Sign: WQLK218
Assigned Frequencies: 951.250 MHz
Grant Date: 02/18/2010, Expiration Date: 06/01/2013, Certifier: Lance Sayler
Registrant: Javajava Radio, Pittsburg, KS 66762, Phone: (417) 741-2158
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:
- Call Sign: WB0IGW, Licensee ID: L00805759
Grant Date: 05/13/2008, Expiration Date: 05/13/2018, Certifier: Donald E Reiter
Registrant: Donald E Reiter, 713 West 10th, La Crosse, KS 67548
- Call Sign: KC0NSK, Licensee ID: L00545994
Grant Date: 07/15/2002, Expiration Date: 07/15/2012, Certifier: Phillip J Schwindt
Registrant: Phillip J Schwindt, 402 W Eighth St, La Crosse, KS 67548
- Call Sign: KD0LGK, Licensee ID: L01563100
Grant Date: 04/20/2010, Expiration Date: 04/20/2020, Certifier: Rhonda S Elvin
Registrant: Rhonda S Elvin, 2520 Hwy 4, La Crosse, KS 67548
- Call Sign: KD0LGL, Licensee ID: L01563101
Grant Date: 04/20/2010, Expiration Date: 04/20/2020, Certifier: Robert J Elvin
Registrant: Robert J Elvin, 2520 Hwy 4, La Crosse, KS 67548
FAA Registered Aircraft:
- Aircraft: PIPER PA-28-140 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 107 mph), Engine: LYCOMING 0-320 SERIES (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 4696R , Serial Number: 28-21460, Year manufactured: 1966, Airworthiness Date: 02/09/1966
Registrant (Individual): Jon A Schroter, Po Box 541, La Crosse, KS 67548
- Aircraft: CESSNA 175 (Category: Land, Seats: 4, Weight: Up to 12,499 Pounds, Speed: 105 mph), Engine: LYCOMING O&VO-360 SER (180 HP) (Reciprocating)
N-Number: 6662E , Serial Number: 56162, Year manufactured: 1959, Airworthiness Date: 08/08/1959
Registrant (Individual): Alan R Oborny, Po Box 634, La Crosse, KS 67548
|Most common first names in La Crosse, KS among deceased individuals|
|Most common last names in La Crosse, KS among deceased individuals|
|Last name||Count||Lived (average)|
- #47 on the list of "Top 101 cities with the highest average wind speeds"
- #49 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males working in industry: Furniture and related products"
- #82 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Furniture and related products"
- #80 (67548) on the list of "Top 101 zip codes with the largest percentage of German Russian first ancestries (pop 1,000+)"
- #55 on the list of "Top 101 counties with the highest number of deaths per 1000 residents 2000-2003"
- #94 on the list of "Top 101 counties with highest percentage of residents voting for 3rd party candidates in the 2004 Presidential Election"