North Zulch, Texas
We are giving away $1200 in prizes - enter simply by sending us your own city pictures!
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
- OSM Map
- General Map
- Google Map
- MSN Map
Please wait while loading the map...
|Median resident age:||41.5 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip code: 77871
Estimated per capita income in 2013: $19,554 (it was $17,952 in 2000)
North Zulch CCD income, earnings, and wages data
Estimated median house or condo value in 2013: $107,630 (it was $61,700 in 2000)
Races in North Zulch, TX (2000)
- 2,30593.5%White alone
- 281.1%Black alone
- 220.9%Two or more races
- 90.4%American Indian alone
- 20.08%Native Hawaiian and Other
Pacific Islander alone
- 10.04%Other race alone
Recent articles from our blog. Our writers, many of them Ph.D. graduates or candidates, create easy-to-read articles on a wide variety of topics.
- Are people living outside the metro areas cushioned against falling home prices? Jan 21
- The global threat of Islamic terror Jan 19
- Exercise and sleep: which is more important for your health? Jan 17
- Motorcycle industry in the United States Jan 15
- Evolution of First Names: Unisex Names and Nicknames Jan 13
Current Local Time: CST time zone
Land area: 176.1 square miles.
Population density: 14 people per square mile(very low).
For population 25 years and over in North Zulch:
- High school or higher: 78.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 13.4%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.6%
- Unemployed: 4.5%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 30.8 minutes
For population 15 years and over in North Zulch CCD:
- Never married: 15.2%
- Now married: 68.7%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 8.5%
- Divorced: 7.5%
According to our research of Texas and other state lists there were 5 registered sex offenders living in North Zulch, Texas as of January 21, 2017.
The ratio of number of residents in North Zulch to the number of sex offenders is 503 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
|North Zulch CCD:||0.7% ($460)|
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Bryan, TX (25.5 miles , pop. 65,660).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Southeast Montgomery, TX (65.6 miles , pop. 208,076).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Houston, TX (91.9 miles , pop. 1,953,631).
Nearest cities: Normangee, TX (2.5 miles ), Madisonville, TX (3.2 miles ), Hilltop Lakes, TX (3.4 miles ), Iola, TX (3.5 miles ), Bedias, TX (3.8 miles ), Kurten, TX (3.9 miles ), Leona, TX (4.0 miles) , Wixon Valley, TX (4.3 miles ).
Latitude: 30.95 N, Longitude: 96.09 W
Area code: 936
Unemployment by year (%)
- Construction (23%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (16%)
- Public administration (12%)
- Truck transportation (9%)
- Educational services (5%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (3%)
- Educational services (27%)
- Health care (12%)
- Public administration (11%)
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting (8%)
- Finance and insurance (6%)
- Personal and laundry services (5%)
- Food and beverage stores (4%)
- Driver/sales workers and truck drivers (11%)
- Law enforcement workers including supervisors (8%)
- Farmers and farm managers (8%)
- Agricultural workers including supervisors (6%)
- Carpenters (6%)
- Other management occupations except farmers and farm managers (5%)
- Supervisors of construction and extraction workers (4%)
- Preschool, kindergarten, elementary and middle school teachers (9%)
- Secretaries and administrative assistants (6%)
- Information and record clerks except customer service representatives (6%)
- Retail sales workers except cashiers (5%)
- Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (4%)
- Other sales and related workers including supervisors (4%)
- Cashiers (4%)
Average climate in North Zulch, Texas
Based on data reported by over 4,000 weather stations
North Zulch-area historical tornado activity is near Texas state average. It is 21% greater than the overall U.S. average.
On 5/10/1959, a category F3 (max. wind speeds 158-206 mph) tornado 17.7 miles away from the North Zulch place center injured 7 people and caused between $500 and $5000 in damages.
On 4/5/1956, a category F3 tornado 21.6 miles away from the place center caused between $50,000 and $500,000 in damages.
Earthquake activity:North Zulch-area historical earthquake activity is below Texas state average. It is 83% smaller than the overall U.S. average.
On 6/16/1978 at 11:46:54, a magnitude 5.3 (4.4 MB, 4.6 UK, 5.3 ML, Class: Moderate, Intensity: VI - VII) earthquake occurred 310.0 miles away from the city center
On 4/14/1995 at 00:32:56, a magnitude 5.7 (5.6 MB, 5.7 MS, 5.7 MW, Depth: 11.1 mi) earthquake occurred 435.7 miles away from North Zulch center
On 4/9/1993 at 12:29:19, a magnitude 4.3 (4.1 MB, 4.3 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: IV - V) earthquake occurred 191.6 miles away from the city center
On 9/6/1997 at 23:38:00, a magnitude 4.5 (4.5 LG, 4.2 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 257.7 miles away from the city center
On 2/10/2006 at 04:14:22, a magnitude 5.3 (4.2 MB, 5.3 MS, Depth: 3.1 mi) earthquake occurred 414.6 miles away from North Zulch center
On 4/7/2008 at 09:51:12, a magnitude 3.9 (3.9 MB, 3.9 MW, 3.8 LG, Depth: 3.1 mi, Class: Light, Intensity: II - III) earthquake occurred 182.4 miles away from the city center
Magnitude types: regional Lg-wave magnitude (LG), body-wave magnitude (MB), local magnitude (ML), surface-wave magnitude (MS), moment magnitude (MW)
Natural disasters:The number of natural disasters in Madison County (13) is near the US average (12).
Major Disasters (Presidential) Declared: 8
Emergencies Declared: 5
Causes of natural disasters: Storms: 6, Floods: 4, Hurricanes: 4, Fires: 3, Tornadoes: 3 (Note: Some incidents may be assigned to more than one category).
Hospitals and medical centers near North Zulch:
- MOSAIC (Hospital, about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
- MADISONVILLE CARE CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
- MADISONVILLE NURSING HOME (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
- MADISON ST JOSEPH HEALTH CENTER Critical Access Hospitals (about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
- RIVERWOOD HEALTHCARE AND REHABILITATION (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
- SIERRA HEALTH CENTER (Nursing Home, about 11 miles away; MADISONVILLE, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to North Zulch:
- Texas A & M University-College Station (about 28 miles; College Station, TX; Full-time enrollment: 46,550)
- Sam Houston State University (about 36 miles; Huntsville, TX; FT enrollment: 16,233)
- Blinn College (about 58 miles; Brenham, TX; FT enrollment: 8,959)
- Prairie View A & M University (about 60 miles; Prairie View, TX; FT enrollment: 7,517)
- Lone Star College System (about 64 miles; The Woodlands, TX; FT enrollment: 45,205)
- Baylor University (about 74 miles; Waco, TX; FT enrollment: 14,800)
- Temple College (about 76 miles; Temple, TX; FT enrollment: 3,796)
Notable location: North Zulch Volunteer Fire Department (A). Display/hide its location on the map
Churches in North Zulch include: Union Church (A), Sand Prairie Church (B), Chapel Hill Church (C), Pleasant Grove Church (D), Rock Prairie Church (E), Willow Hole Church (F). Display/hide their locations on the map
Cemeteries: Keefer Cemetery (1), Nash Cemetery (2), Randolph Cemetery (3), Oxford Cemetery (4), Williamson Cemetery (5), Sand Prairie Cemetery (6), Tenmile Cemetery (7). Display/hide their locations on the map
Lakes and reservoirs: Carr Lake (A), Sweet Lake (B), Duck Lake (C), Middle Lake (D), San Antonio Lake (E), Donahoe Lake (F), Rodgers Lake (G), Mud Lake (H). Display/hide their locations on the map
Streams, rivers, and creeks: Shepherd Creek (A), Rayleigh Branch (B), Cottonwood Creek (C), Carter Creek (D), Cedar Creek (E), Carryall Creek (F), Sandy Branch (G), Sand Branch (H), Salt Creek (I). Display/hide their locations on the map
|This place:||2.5 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.3% of all households
- Gay men: 0.2% of all households
Educational Attainment (%) in 2000
School Enrollment by Level of School (%) in 2000
Presidential Elections Results
Graphs represent county-level data. Detailed 2008 Election Results
Religion statistics for North Zulch CCD (based on Madison County data)
Food Environment Statistics:
|Madison County:||2.25 / 10,000 pop.|
|Texas:||1.47 / 10,000 pop.|
|Madison County:||4.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||3.95 / 10,000 pop.|
|Here:||7.50 / 10,000 pop.|
|State:||6.13 / 10,000 pop.|
7.21% of this county's 2011 resident taxpayers lived in other counties in 2010 ($31,406 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved from foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties from which taxpayers relocated into this county between 2010 and 2011:
|from Brazos County, TX||1.28% ($29,438 average AGI)|
|from Harris County, TX||0.96% ($35,472)|
|from Walker County, TX||0.59% ($25,545)|
7.90% of this county's 2010 resident taxpayers moved to other counties in 2011 ($29,656 average adjusted gross income)
10 or fewer of this county's residents moved to foreign countries between 2010 and 2011.
Top counties to which taxpayers relocated from this county between 2010 and 2011:
Strongest AM radio stations in North Zulch:
- KZNE (1150 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- WTAW (1620 AM; 10 kW; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- KGOL (1180 AM; 50 kW; HUMBLE, TX; Owner: ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC)
- KTRH (740 AM; 50 kW; HOUSTON, TX; Owner: AMFM TEXAS LICENSES LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
- KSEV (700 AM; 15 kW; TOMBALL, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- WBAP (820 AM; 50 kW; FORT WORTH, TX; Owner: WBAP-KSCS OPERATING, LTD.)
- KMVL (1220 AM; 1 kW; MADISONVILLE, TX; Owner: LEON HUNT DBA/HUNT BROADCASTING)
- KJOJ (880 AM; 10 kW; CONROE, TX; Owner: LIBERMAN BROADCASTING OF HOUSTON LICENSE CORP.)
- KILE (1560 AM; 50 kW; BELLAIRE, TX; Owner: THE RAFTT CORPORATION)
- KRLD (1080 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: TEXAS INFINITY BROADCASTING L.P.)
- KFXR (1190 AM; 50 kW; DALLAS, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KTKR (760 AM; 50 kW; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KWBC (1550 AM; 5 kW; NAVASOTA, TX)
Strongest FM radio stations in North Zulch:
- KAGG (96.1 FM; MADISONVILLE, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
- KMVL-FM (100.5 FM; MADISONVILLE, TX; Owner: LEON HUNT DBA HUNT BROADCASTING)
- KNDE (95.1 FM; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: BRYAN BROADCASTING LICENSE SUBSIDIARY, INC.)
- KORA-FM (98.3 FM; BRYAN, TX; Owner: EQUICOM, INC)
- KZTR (101.9 FM; FRANKLIN, TX; Owner: BRAZOS VALLEY BROADCASTING, LLC)
- KVJM (103.1 FM; HEARNE, TX; Owner: EQUAL ACCESS MEDIA, INC.)
- KKYS (104.7 FM; BRYAN, TX; Owner: CCB TEXAS LICENSES, L.P.)
TV broadcast stations around North Zulch:
- KBTX-TV (Channel 3; BRYAN, TX; Owner: KWTX-KBTX LICENSEE CORP.)
- KYLE (Channel 28; BRYAN, TX; Owner: COMCORP OF BRYAN LICENSE CORP.)
- KMAY-LP (Channel 23; BRYAN, TX; Owner: CHANNEL 6, INC.)
- K28AK (Channel 28; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: CLEAR CHANNEL BROADCASTING LICENSES, INC.)
- KSCM-LP (Channel 12; BRYAN, TX; Owner: R.D. HARRIS)
- KAMU-TV (Channel 15; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY)
- K47ED (Channel 47; COLLEGE STATION, TX; Owner: TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK)
- KRHD-LP (Channel 34; BRYAN, TX; Owner: CENTEX TELEVISION LIMITED PARTNERSHIP)
Fatal road traffic accident statistics for 1975 - 2014 (per 100,000 population)
North Zulch fatal accident list:
May 30, 1997 12:42 AM, 190, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Apr 1, 1985 07:00 PM, Loop160, Vehicles: 2, Persons: 2, Fatalities: 1
Aug 20, 1983 09:38 PM, 190, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 3, Fatalities: 1, Drunken persons involved: 1
Dec 5, 1976 04:05 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
Dec 5, 1975 04:05 PM, Vehicles: 1, Persons: 1, Fatalities: 1
FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers:2 (See the full list of FCC Registered Cell Phone Towers in North Zulch)
FCC Registered Antenna Towers:38 (See the full list of FCC Registered Antenna Towers)
FCC Registered Private Land Mobile Towers:3
- NORTH ZULCH, 100 Yards West Of Intersection North Zuluth Ave Andfulson Ave (Lat: 30.911111 Lon: -96.107444), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 58 m, Overall height: 59 m, Call Sign: WNPI466
Assigned Frequencies: 460.087 MHz, 460.112 MHzGrant Date: 03/18/2014, Expiration Date: 05/18/2024Registrant: Madison County, 101 West Main, Suite B-13, Madisonville, TX 77864, Phone: (936) 348-3810, Fax: (936) 348-6614, Email:
- 2 Mi E (Lat: 30.918250 Lon: -96.073556), Call Sign: KKU958, Licensee ID: L00007472
Assigned Frequencies: 48.4600 MHz, 48.5200 MHz, 48.5400 MHz, 48.6600 MHzGrant Date: 01/12/2000, Expiration Date: 02/20/2005, Cancellation Date: 08/01/2001Registrant: Txu Gas Co, Energy Plaza 1601 Bryan St, Dallas, TX 75201-3411, Phone: (972) 218-4000
- Lat: 30.828806 Lon: -96.103556, Call Sign: WNNO369, Licensee ID: L00140706
Assigned Frequencies: 452.325 MHz, 452.325 MHzGrant Date: 01/14/1999, Expiration Date: 02/10/2004, Cancellation Date: 04/16/2002Registrant: Amoco Pipeline Company, 200 E Randolph Dr Mc 1806, Chicago, IL 60601, Phone: (918) 491-3541
FCC Registered Microwave Towers:6
- Apple, I-45n To West On Sr 1452 (Lat: 30.995556 Lon: -96.114167), Type: Tower, Structure height: 121.9 m, Overall height: 128 m, Call Sign: WPUB586
Assigned Frequencies: 6595.00 MHz, 6545.00 MHzGrant Date: 01/30/2002, Expiration Date: 01/30/2012, Cancellation Date: 08/11/2003, Certifier: John T Scott IiiRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 180 Washington Valley Road, Bedminster, NJ 07921, Phone: (908) 306-7304, Fax: (908) 306-6836, Email:
- Lat: 30.910472 Lon: -96.109083, Type: Tower, Structure height: 144.7 m, Overall height: 149.3 m, Call Sign: WQJF531, Licensee ID: L00969605
Assigned Frequencies: 3650.00 MHzGrant Date: 08/20/2008, Expiration Date: 08/20/2018, Certifier: Michael RapaportRegistrant: Straight Path Spectrum, LLC
- HO03XC754, 1/4 Mi W Of Kiekapoo Creek On S Side Of Hwy 190121 (Lat: 30.916667 Lon: -96.084444), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 82.3 m, Call Sign: WQRT433
Assigned Frequencies: 11305.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11465.0 MHz, 11585.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz, 11465.0 MHz, 11585.0 MHz, 11305.0 MHz, 11425.0 MHz... (+14 more)Grant Date: 07/23/2013, Expiration Date: 07/23/2023, Certifier: Kyle B EntzRegistrant: Sprint Nextel Corporation, 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA 20196, Phone: (703) 433-4000, Fax: (703) 433-4483
- N ZULCH DUP1, 11627 8th Street (Lat: 30.910472 Lon: -96.109083), Type: Gtower, Structure height: 146.3 m, Overall height: 152.4 m, Call Sign: WQRY562
Assigned Frequencies: 6286.19 MHzGrant Date: 08/15/2013, Expiration Date: 08/15/2023, Certifier: John MondayRegistrant: At&t Mobility LLC, 2200 N Greenville Ave., 1w, Richardson, TX 75082, Phone: (972) 234-7003, Fax: (972) 301-6893, Email:
- NORTH ZULCH, 848 South Zulch Avenue (Lat: 30.912250 Lon: -96.107167), Type: Ltower, Structure height: 76.2 m, Overall height: 79.3 m, Call Sign: WQTJ438
Assigned Frequencies: 10855.0 MHzGrant Date: 02/18/2014, Expiration Date: 02/18/2024, Certifier: Kevin B CoyneRegistrant: Fiberlight, LLC, 4360 Beltway Pl, Suite 230, Arlington, TX 76018, Phone: (972) 832-3176, Email:
- GEORGE, 2.8 Miles Ne Of (Lat: 30.948778 Lon: -96.080222), Type: Tower, Structure height: 77.1 m, Overall height: 78.3 m, Call Sign: WHQ781
Assigned Frequencies: 5974.85 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 5945.20 MHz, 5974.85 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6004.50 MHz, 6034.15 MHz, 6093.45 MHz, 6063.80 MHz... (+6 more)Grant Date: 02/15/2011, Expiration Date: 02/01/2021, Cancellation Date: 03/19/2014, Certifier: John T Scott IiiRegistrant: Verizon Wireless, 1120 Sanctuary Pkwy, #150 Gasa5reg, Alpharetta, GA 30009-7630, Phone: (770) 797-1070, Fax: (770) 797-1036, Email:
FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:15 (See the full list of FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses in North Zulch)
2006 National Fire Incident Reporting System Incidents:
- Fire: 2
Most commonly used house heating fuel:
- Electricity (44%)
- Bottled, tank, or LP gas (39%)
- Utility gas (13%)
- Wood (3%)
- Other fuel (1%)
- No fuel used (1%)
North Zulch compared to Texas state average:
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Median age significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Renting percentage below state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly above state average.
- Number of rooms per house significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
- Number of college students below state average.