Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:08 PM

101 posts, read 180,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
I think that Hillary and Paul would have to be the new nominees. Sounds good to me!
My votes in:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 02:11 PM

It is quite simple....All you had to do was click the blue letters and it take you to the site, so there is nothing I did there that was "hiding" anything. Most people know to click the underlind Blue letters are for redirection to the article....well at least us educated researchers.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmetalk View Post
It is quite simple....All you had to do was click the blue letters and it take you to the site, so there is nothing I did there that was "hiding" anything. Most people know to click the underlind Blue letters are for redirection to the article....well at least us educated researchers.
You might want to check your prior post before attempting to talk down to me. I did click the blue letters. It took me to the MSNBC site. Where that whole second paragraph was not a part of that article. Us "educated researchers" know that we should cite ALL sources, right?

The below paragraph was not a part of the article, and was written by Daniel Pipes, who runs an anti-Islamic website, that you did not credit, cite, or link to.

Quote:
These statements raise two questions: What is Obama's true connection to Islam and what implications might this have for an Obama presidency?
Was Obama Ever a Muslim?

"I've always been a Christian," said Obama, focusing on his own personal lack of practice of Islam as a child to deny any connection to Islam. But Muslims do not see practice as key. For them, that he was born to a line of Muslim males makes him born a Muslim. Further, all children born with an Arabic name based on the H-S-N trilateral root (Hussein, Hassan, and others) can be assumed to be Muslim, so they will understand Obama's full name, Barack Hussein Obama, to proclaim him a born Muslim.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Answer me these questions then if you are such a good researcher?
Why did he change his name Barry for Barack and Soertero for Hussein Obama ?

Survey says.....because he became a Muslim; and that is what Muslims do.

That is why Lew Alcindor (the great) changed his name to Kareem Abdul Jabaar; but he wasn't ashamed of it like Barry seems to be

that is why Cassius Clay became Mohammad Ali, and he wasn't ashamed of that either; unlike Barry

He knows nothing of the Christian Religion; calls St. Paul a "minor prophet" ... which is what Muslims call all Christian Saints and prophets (which st. paul was not)

No true Catholic can ever vote for Obama and call themselves a Catholic again; the man is so anti-Christian and anti-Catholic it comes out his skin

an empty suit with no character or quality that is one of the dirtiest politicians yet.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Snopes.com is an unbiased website that has been running for almost 15 years.

They are the "go-to" website for unbiased analysis of urban legends. They have a huge reputation to uphold, and back up their statements with verifiable facts.

If you'd rather believe an email forward, more power to you. I tend to lean more towards verifiable facts than made up emails.
Actually, Snopes is a left-leaning website.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM

Thanks Fleet..I have been trying to get Newtoli to realize this and you just pointed to the obvious that I jumped to conclude he was aware. In addition, I am sorry to break it to Newtoli that MSNBC is bias as well.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:25 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
I notice you're not going to address the fact that you posted misleading information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmetalk View Post
Answer me these questions then if you are such a good researcher? Why did he change his name Barry for Barack and Soertero for Hussein Obama ?
He was born Barack Hussein Obama, so I don't know what you're talking about. Are you trying to say his given name is Barry Soertero Obama? Source please.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/phot...ertificate.jpg

Quote:
He knows nothing of the Christian Religion; calls St. Paul a "minor prophet" ... which is what Muslims call all Christian Saints and prophets (which st. paul was not)
Source for that quote please.

Quote:
No true Catholic can ever vote for Obama and call themselves a Catholic again; the man is so anti-Christian and anti-Catholic it comes out his skin
Source for Obama's anti-Christian/Catholic views please?

Lots of opinions, yet no fact. Still would love to see your source regarding this supposed name change.

EDIT - Oh my god. All of those lines come directly from a google search to a Yahoo Answers site. You lifted it off of there?

Old 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
McCain dropped his McNasty high school nickname for whatever reason.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM

Like I say buy my book, time is money. Do your own research, and start by looking up the word fact.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 PM

More proof that he was born a Muslim, thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections