Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 03:44 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
He (McCain) was a natural born citizen. You seem to be hard to understand that. You can be born international as long as you aren't shown to have residency wherever you are (like if a woman gives birth in Germany on a trip). Obama probably is a natural born citizen too, but we cannot be sure because we have no "true" birth certificate for him. If he was born in Hawaii (since he was born after statehood) he would be fine. Until we see a legitimate birth certificate, we cannot be certain.
And you apparently didn't read Professor Chin's findings:

SSRN-Why Senator John McCain Cannot Be President: Eleven Months and a Hundred Yards Short of Citizenship by Gabriel Chin

BTW, have you taken a look at your poll lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I glanced at his report, and clearly an Obama supporter would give anything to make McCain ineligable. I have a hard time believing this.

It is decieving becuase he presents it in a way that "excludes" part of the constitution (or the fact that there is a special clause for international births to US parents). I am sure I can find hundreds of reports claiming why Obama and McCain are ineligable. But the fact is, it is highly unlikely that either is uneligable for president.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
I glanced at his report, and clearly an Obama supporter would give anything to make McCain ineligable. I have a hard time believing this.

It is decieving becuase he presents it in a way that "excludes" part of the constitution (or the fact that there is a special clause for international births to US parents). I am sure I can find hundreds of reports claiming why Obama and McCain are ineligable.
Why would an Obama supporter "give anything" to disqualify McCain. The Republicans would just put somebody else up, maybe someone tougher to beat than the 71 year old war mongering McBush.

Law professor Chin has no axe to grind saying this about his findings:

Quote:
"It's preposterous that a technicality like this can make a difference in an advanced democracy, But this is the constitutional text that we have."
TUCSON, Ariz. Professor: McCain ineligible | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:

It is decieving becuase he presents it in a way that "excludes" part of the constitution (or the fact that there is a special clause for international births to US parents). I am sure I can find hundreds of reports claiming why Obama and McCain are ineligable. But the fact is, it is highly unlikely that either is uneligable for president.
Mr. Chin is free to take his report to court and press his case where he will
encounter legal minds far superior to his and be shown up for the fraud that
he really is.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Why would an Obama supporter "give anything" to disqualify McCain. The Republicans would just put somebody else up, maybe someone tougher to beat than the 71 year old war mongering McBush.

Law professor Chin has no axe to grind saying this about his findings:

TUCSON, Ariz. Professor: McCain ineligible | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA
You can call him anything you want.

But you cant call him inexperienced and an extremist like you can Obama.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:07 PM

His parents were PUT THERE because they were in the US Military. The freaking government put his family there for military purposes! You cant tell me that someone, who was born some place else, is ineligible when it was the US government that sent his family there.

What are we suppose to tell all those families that are put around the world by the US military to protect our country? Your kid is not eligible to be president? You are not a US citizen, sorry, but thanks for serving your country.

Its ridiculous. I dont think Obama's family has served his country in any such way, except to take advantage of the countries affirmative action laws. Oh, and I forgot, they like to complain about how unfair life is. All this while McCain's family picked up and left the country to serve the nation they love.

Convincing arguement you have there.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
His parents were PUT THERE because they were in the US Military. The freaking government put his family there for military purposes! You cant tell me that someone, who was born some place else, is ineligible when it was the US government that sent his family there.

What are we suppose to tell all those families that are put around the world by the US military to protect our country? Your kid is not eligible to be president? You are not a US citizen, sorry, but thanks for serving your country.

Its ridiculous. I dont think Obama's family has served his country in any such way, except to take advantage of the countries affirmative action laws. Oh, and I forgot, they like to complain about how unfair life is. All this while McCain's family picked up and left the country to serve the nation they love.

Convincing arguement you have there.
I'm reporting the findings of a law professor from the University of Arizona. Somehow I think he's a little more qualified than you on the subject.

BTW, you appear to be avoiding your poll like the plague....could there be a reason?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
I'm reporting the findings of a law professor from the University of Arizona. Somehow I think he's a little more qualified than you on the subject.

BTW, you appear to be avoiding your poll like the plague....could there be a reason?
Law professors, professional pollsters what do they know.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Why not test it in court ? He just represents and opinin, and his qualifications
are meaningless unless they pass a real world test like a courtroom, not a classroom.

As for being more qualified, his vote doesn't carry any more value than anyone
elses when the ballots are counted. In a court he represents one side of an argument
and there will be another University professor on the opposite side. So much for
the qualifications BS.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Read the real story of why he was in Panama instead of some zealous Obama supporter. It has been in virtually every major news source.

He was there because that is where his family was stationed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections