Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 08:50 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times

Advertisements

No one talk about the Ethiopians,they are rather unique,graceful,small bone and mixed ?
Likewise the Uighur have more caucasian blood,you can tell from their facial feature and physique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2021, 08:52 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,469,646 times
Black is a dominant gene,look at Obama,his mother is white and his father is AFrican,he looks more black than white,his chidlren would be 1/4 African ,but their children could be white

Old 06-21-2021, 08:04 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I just saw something online about Juneteenth celebrations that took place in Gavleston Texas. They painted a huge mural to celebrate. The mural showed the history of Black Americans. I thought this was great, the mural looked beautiful..........But then I took a closer look and I had to cringe....The mural starts off with an Olmec head and images of "moors" getting off ships landing in America triumphantly. I could not believe my eyes. Did the city or mayors office have to ok this? Isn't there some sort of oversight of these things? Or is that just the world we live in now? We have to accept people just making **** up and saying what ever they want, who cares about others? So sad...and what made it worse in the comment section people were asking about and were met with the usual gaslighting, accusation of racism and insults.
I took another look at the Mural and i noticed they also pretty much try to give the Idea that they are really from North Africa and even the Arabian peninsula. I will see if i can find some pics to post here

Old 06-21-2021, 06:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I just saw something online about Juneteenth celebrations that took place in Gavleston Texas. They painted a huge mural to celebrate. The mural showed the history of Black Americans. I thought this was great, the mural looked beautiful..........But then I took a closer look and I had to cringe....The mural starts off with an Olmec head and images of "moors" getting off ships landing in America triumphantly. I could not believe my eyes. Did the city or mayors office have to ok this? Isn't there some sort of oversight of these things? Or is that just the world we live in now? We have to accept people just making **** up and saying what ever they want, who cares about others? So sad...and what made it worse in the comment section people were asking about and were met with the usual gaslighting, accusation of racism and insults.
This is exactly what I've been complaining about. Those that have had their cultures hijacked should continue to clown those fools that promote this crap. It's becoming more mainstream. It's now turned into a pseudo creation myth.

Old 06-21-2021, 08:09 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This is exactly what I've been complaining about. Those that have had their cultures hijacked should continue to clown those fools that promote this crap. It's becoming more mainstream. It's now turned into a pseudo creation myth.
Yes it sure is becoming more mainstream. I had said this before and all hell broke loose in the Latam forum, but these stupid theories are becoming mainstream. I have even been hesitant to talk about it but there comes a point when enough is enough. It's not just the clowns that push thesse theories that are the problem but society and poltiicians that keep quite about it. Silence is complicity.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:02 AM

146 posts, read 88,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
They will be able to do nothing to stop it. Why? Because it deals with mental illness and trauma. Basically, up until post WW2 African Americans could only live on farms in the rural South or urban ghettos. The trauma created from that caused mental illness that manifests in the form of obsession with say ancient Egypt or whatever ancient culture.

The irony of it all we’re all Americans. If these people were not mentally repeating traumas in their mind and realizing that live in the number one Economy in the world, they could focus on how to make their lives good in the present.

Why should anyone give a crap about Moors in this context?

Alternatively, if these people actually traveled to these countries, they’d have sn extremely different outlook on things.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:33 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,617 times
Moors were not of negroid decent

Old 08-18-2021, 06:24 AM

146 posts, read 88,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Moors were not of negroid decent
It’s a pointless, loser debate. However, I have seen modern Moroccans. They are basically mixed race, between African and Caucasian. They come in all colors, which seems to be a confusing concept.

Actual ancestry is rarely Black or White, and that pun in intended.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:55 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy98 View Post
It’s a pointless, loser debate. However, I have seen modern Moroccans. They are basically mixed race, between African and Caucasian. They come in all colors, which seems to be a confusing concept.

Actual ancestry is rarely Black or White, and that pun in intended.
Yes. I'm from Nigeria. I will give you the un pc version. Most of us sub saharan africans do not consider any of the North Africans to be "African". So Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria and Egypt are considered Arabs who by fate happened to end up on the African continent instead of the Middle East where they belong.
And honestly, I think they feel the same way. Africans living up there tend to be at the very bottom of the ladder. The big movements up there have almost always revolved around Arab and Muslim identity (look up Nasser, Muslim Brotherhood for examples), rarely if ever around being African.
Now I'm not arguing as to whether this view is right or not, but just telling you what we say to each other.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:15 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachboy98 View Post
They will be able to do nothing to stop it. Why? Because it deals with mental illness and trauma. Basically, up until post WW2 African Americans could only live on farms in the rural South or urban ghettos. The trauma created from that caused mental illness that manifests in the form of obsession with say ancient Egypt or whatever ancient culture.

The irony of it all we’re all Americans. If these people were not mentally repeating traumas in their mind and realizing that live in the number one Economy in the world, they could focus on how to make their lives good in the present.

Why should anyone give a crap about Moors in this context?

Alternatively, if these people actually traveled to these countries, they’d have sn extremely different outlook on things.
Clearly your not Afram so i behoove you to learn more Afram history of geographic distribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa