Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 PM

258 posts, read 1,034,980 times

Advertisements

I am a Buffalo Bills fan from NY taking the trip to Canton to see the Hall of Fame game. I would like to explore Canton. Any suggestions?

Thanks =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampedeCity View Post
I am a Buffalo Bills fan from NY taking the trip to Canton to see the Hall of Fame game. I would like to explore Canton. Any suggestions?

Thanks =)
I'd definetly check out Akron while your down there. Shoot, and Cleveland. Cleveland, Akron, and Canton all offer a lot to do.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:58 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,000,377 times
Quote:

Thanks =)

Really depends on what your interests are. Give us some hints.

Case in point, some people might find going to historic sites tons of fun while others would get all excited about an outlet mall.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:14 PM

I like malls! Any malls or cheap motels near fawcet stadium?

Old 06-15-2009, 03:20 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,026,670 times
Quote:
I like malls! Any malls or cheap motels near fawcet stadium?

Westfield aka Belden Village Mall is about 3 miles from the HOF, there are also many hotels in that same area. The mall is pretty decent, has a Macy's, Dillards amongst others. HOF I think is Exit 107, Belden Village St. is Exit 109 off of I-77.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Westfield aka Belden Village Mall is about 3 miles from the HOF, there are also many hotels in that same area. The mall is pretty decent, has a Macy's, Dillards amongst others. HOF I think is Exit 107, Belden Village St. is Exit 109 off of I-77.
If malls/shopping/eating is your thing, the strip along I-77 between about 38th St. up to Portage should satiate you.

I don't know why you'd want to travel just to go to a bunch of national chains though.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
If you like to eat fish, make your way over to Tim's Tavern. It's kind of a hole in the wall place, but everyone in Canton knows it's the place to go for a good fish dinner.

Also, I don't know how long you're staying for, but one night if you don't want to go out to dinner, order pizza and chicken from the Pizza Oven. It's famous here in Canton, OH.

Of course, during Hall of Fame week is the annual Ribs Burnoff, so make sure you go to that at the Stark County Fair Grounds. That's pretty fun to do.

And, ya know, take a tour of the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 PM

is there any amusement parks, museums, concerts?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
is there any amusement parks, museums, concerts?
No major amusement parks down that way. Closest now would be Cedar Point, or Wildwater Kingdom at Geauga Lake if you like water slides. Probably 45 mins to Geauga Lake and over 90 mins to Cedar Point.

Museums... off the top of my head there is the Canton Classic Car Museum and the McKinley Museum. CCCM is pretty self explanatory - McKinley Museum, although based on the president, oddly enough has a good science portion to it that has fossils and dinosaur stuff and a planetarium, on top of the requisite presidential library, dead president body, etc.
There's also the Canton Museum of Art, Canton Symphony Orchestra, Canton Ballet... the Palace Theater downtown is worth going to simply to see the inside of it, no matter what is being shown there. It's an atmospheric theater, built to look like you're in the garden of a castle underneath the night sky. "Clouds" move across the ceiling and "stars" twinkle. It's a great theater from the 20s.
Let's see... there's also the First Ladies' Library, which is dedicated to all the First Ladies of the US.

William McKinley Presidential Library & Museum :: Homepage
Canton Museum of Art - Canton Museum of Art
The Canton Classic Car Museum
National First Ladies' Library
Canton Symphony Orchestra Homepage, Since 1937
The Canton Ballet
cantonpalacetheater.com

There's also a lot of related hoopla that goes along with the HOF festival... parade, ribs burn-off, hot air balloon... a race I guess? I know they fly tons of hot air balloons. All sorts of random stuff.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM

any strip clubs? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton