Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 07:10 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,793,911 times

Advertisements

Than is for comparisons, as in "...cheaper than a decent truck....", while then usually means something like "at that point", as in "...after running out of grits, he then jumped on his chopper and drove into Vestavia Hills...." . Other than that, I know not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM

346 posts, read 1,778,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
Than is for comparisons, as in "...cheaper than a decent truck....", while then usually means something like "at that point", as in "...after running out of grits, he then jumped on his chopper and drove into Vestavia Hills...." . Other than that, I know not.
Sorry, my riding days are over (medical - non related). Absolutely totally no way to get me onto a chopper. There are other means of deodorant :>)
Considering AL distances - look up! There is no meassure too drastic during deer season.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,417,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normajo View Post
...I would be willing to pay more for electricity in order not to live around carcinogenic nuclear power plants...
In Alabama, guess where much of that electricity comes from? Nuclear power plants!

Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 PM

50 posts, read 228,079 times
Default family history

There was never any history of cancer in any side of my father's & uncle's family, but they both got it in the nuke plant. So did lots of other SRP workers.
It is a terrible way to go - rotting away while still alive.
May God spare us all a death like that.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 5,494 times
Smile Relocating

Well,I lived in Enterprise Al, for seven months and we PCS to Canada and I just can't wait to get back to Enterprise It is a small town,friendly and clean I did not have the bug problem because I used an exterminator he took care of the bugs. You can find the bad as well as the good things in any State,City or Town I choose to find the good and like I said I can not wait to get back to Enterprise Al.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 AM

21 posts, read 65,249 times
Cool Why?

We moved from Alabama last July. Waited 35 years to get out of Alabama. I don't miss it at all.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1LKME View Post
We moved from Alabama last July. Waited 35 years to get out of Alabama. I don't miss it at all.
You should have left sooner.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:52 PM

9 posts, read 52,216 times
We just moved here - yes on purpose - from outside Philadelphia, PA and we love it. The people are great, the weather fantastic, seafood is excellent, scenery beautiful. So, there are bugs here - at least there's no SNOW! Forget the cold weather - that's all behind us now! We could not have picked a better place - Spanish Fort, Alabama!

Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbabydmg View Post
We just moved here - yes on purpose - from outside Philadelphia, PA and we love it. The people are great, the weather fantastic, seafood is excellent, scenery beautiful. So, there are bugs here - at least there's no SNOW! Forget the cold weather - that's all behind us now! We could not have picked a better place - Spanish Fort, Alabama!
Great!
There is bug spray but I have not yet heard of snow spray. Blower maybe :>)

Old 03-26-2007, 07:11 AM

103 posts, read 453,079 times
Default NewKid

well we have been here 4 months now. I can say what I love...the weather, scenery outward politeness of people in general, taxes and cost of living etc. etc. what has been hard and I'm just saying this for people considering a move with children it is a HUGE adjustment for a middle school child! I don't want any responses saying how perhaps it's our childs attitude etc I've already heard all of that. Our daughter has been a community volunteer, tutor to her peers a good student and I've been told by other parents in this area what a polite and sweet child I have, but the other children just are not liking the "new kid" from up North. It just breaks my heart and that was our biggest fear moving to a smaller school system. That is what she had back home so we thought it best to keep her in a smaller school here. I guess you blame yourself as a parent. I don't know what to do for her. She has one friend that will go to Wednesday church with her, but on any other day this girls old friends don't want her spending time with the "new girl". We all know how girls can be at this age no matter where you live. Any tips would be taken seriously. My husband and I have settled in and just want our daughter to be happy, she feels very alone down here and it has me questioning southern hospitality.
Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama