Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times

Advertisements

Just when I thought it wasn't possible for someone to be more of a wingnut than Joe Miller, along comes this guy who believes that having sex outside of marriage should be illegal.

Now wth....all these whackaloon right wingnuts froth endlessly about "smaller government" and how our rights are being taken away but they want the government to have the right to tell me that I can't have boys in my room.

Quote:
Paskvan: "What about premarital affairs -- should that be a crime?"

Haase: "I think that would be up to the voters certainly. If it came before (the state) as a vote, I probably would vote for it ... I can see where it would be a matter for the state to be involved with because of the spread of disease and the likelihood that it would cause violence. I can see legitimate reasons to push that as a crime."
Sex outside marriage should be illegal, says Parnell nominee: Legislature | Alaska news at adn.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 10:07 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
unfrigg'n real!

is waiting for all the ones he himself has had sex with outside of marriage male and female to come forward!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,626,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Now wth....all these whackaloon right wingnuts froth endlessly about "smaller government" and how our rights are being taken away but they want the government to have the right to tell me that I can't have boys in my room.
I agree 100% with your assessment that they are nuts. I am reasonably central in my views but admittedly do lean toward the right because of my views on smaller government along with some other things. You are correct in that smaller government should mean more freedom and fewer regulations etc.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Yes, real conservative people do not support junk like this. I consider myself pretty conservative on things, especially fiscal issues, but this is not conservatism. This is just a nutcase who thinks that his views should be everyone's views. Pay these people no mind, they're a waste of oxygen. That's what I think at least.

Nobody who is actually for small government would support a law like this, which I why I have trouble identifying with the Republican party these days. They're all extreme right, just like all the democrats are extreme left. There's hardly anyone left in the middle these days, and they did some polls saying like 70% of Americans are in the middle or something like that. Who's representing us?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:14 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,869,959 times
The problem is that the particular varitiety of people on the right leading the policy agenda of the Republican party are all about freedom from government except anyone that disagrees with their social agenda. Then it is big government, bigger more invasive government then even countries of Sharia law even follow.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
Premarital and extramarital. Well, that means unless you get a divorce, you're limited to having sex with just one person during your entire lifetime. I'll bet this guy has a pet goose that's become his guiding light.

When someone has such extreme views, you just know they're hiding some very spooky skeletons in their own closet.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:33 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
I wish it were as easy as "paying them no mind", but it isn't. And this is part of the reason why:

Quote:
JUNEAU -- Gov. Sean Parnell's appointee for the panel that nominates state judges testified Wednesday that he would like to see Alaskans prosecuted for having sex outside of marriage.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
The jails are already full, maybe they just want to fine people and indirectly make money off of non-marital relations?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
I told everyone that Parnell was a dufus, but nobody wanted to listen.

Nice guy - yes. Strong, competent leader - NO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
you just know they're hiding some very spooky skeletons in their own closet.
Those are the kinds of people Parnell's predecessor used to pick as well.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:52 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I told everyone that Parnell was a dufus, but nobody wanted to listen.

Nice guy - yes. Strong, competent leader - NO.

Those are the kinds of people Parnell's predecessor used to pick as well.
Rep on that.....I never liked Parnell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska