Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:43 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Pendance View Post
Why? Really? I'm not into raw milk, but, why? Those that are into it, let them. This is just one little portion of our freedoms being eroded. When I was a kid, this is the only milk I drank, got it from the farmer across the road. I'm not a little kid anymore, I prefer the stuff in the plastic jug. But, what the heck? Let them drink cow's milk. My kid is looking at raw goat's milk for her baby. It's illegal, what's the prison term for drinking raw milk?

See what I mean about our freedoms? It's stuff like this. Who the heck cares if you want to drink raw milk.
Your daughter needs to understand that human beings were never meant to consume the milk of other mammals. That's why the raw stuff especially can make us sick. Anyway, I suppose it would be my business if her child got TB from it and passed it on to my child.

I wish there were easy answers to all this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 07:46 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,521,791 times
Some time back I decided to look into the peculiarity of why so many states now require you to cough up your SSN for trivial things like fishing licenses. Turns out that states (allegedly, anyway... ) have to comply with a federal law (Title 42, I think?). All this filthy meddling against ostensibly innocent people is done under the guise of setting up a giant dragnet (which ensnares 99.999 percent of the innocent population) so that they can deny licenses to people who owe child support.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 PM

62 posts, read 81,835 times
My daughter in-law's family wanted to get their kid a drivers license, he couldn't because he didn't have a SS number. If I had to do it all over again, my kids wouldn't have a SS number.

The kid who didn't have the SS number is driving with caution. Our country is on the verge. People all over, it's their way, are rebelling. Soon, the time is near. The gov is going to lose.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,284,996 times
Getting back to the original question, I think in the last few years a lot of people living comfortable, modern, suburban lives have started to realize that that lifestyle leaves something to be desired. Working your butt off to live in a nondescript house in a nondescript suburb isn't necessarily cutting it, especially when it seems so easy to lose it all. All over the country people are getting back into more traditional skills, growing gardens, raising chickens, and so on. More people are starting to want to feel like real people and know how to take care of themselves a bit more. And even though a lot of that stuff is actually harder to do here, thanks to three-month growing seasons and whatnot, if people are thinking in different ways then maybe it's becoming more acceptable to live somewhere like this. They're allowing themselves to think of it as a possibility. And it's different than most places down there. In a lot of the Lower-48, all the towns look the same these days. Doesn't matter where you go, you've got the same chain-store junk in all of them. It's boring. If you're looking for something new, Alaska seems about as different as you can get for most people without having to deal with immigration. I think it's great if more people are looking for a bit of adventure. If they make it up they'll find out pretty quick if it's for them or not.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
In WI you can get a driver's license without a SSN if you have documentation that you're in the country legally and/or a citizen.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Your daughter needs to understand that human beings were never meant to consume the milk of other mammals. That's why the raw stuff especially can make us sick. Anyway, I suppose it would be my business if her child got TB from it and passed it on to my child.

It's funny, she says often, humans are the only mammals that drink other mammals milk. It's kind of gross if you think about it. But, if someone is into it, should we ban it? I'll bet your kids would not get TB from my daughter drinking raw milk. What are the stats, 1 in a billion? Give it a rest and let the Americans live their lives. Your nose is too long.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
In WI you can get a driver's license without a SSN if you have documentation that you're in the country legally and/or a citizen.
WRONG, it's required. I challenged it.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,855,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Pendance View Post
WRONG, it's required. I challenged it.
Acceptable documents for proof of citizenship or legal status in the United States - Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Old 06-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

So, you're the banning police. Great. You're kid is not going to get TB from my daughter's kid because they drank raw milk. God, get a grip. During WWII, My Uncle in the Pacific was quarantined with TB and his brother, my dad in cuba, was quarantined because of his brother thousands of miles away got TB. It's not 1945.

Give your freak assumptions a rest because my kid wants to drink raw milk, you are not going to get TB. You probably live 1000 miles away. It's just not going to happen. So, let's ban your favorite thing, why not? The gov wants to ban everything. Why not your favorite thing?

Old 06-22-2011, 08:27 PM

I just renewed my license and could NOT get it without my SS number. This was 3 weeks ago. Whatever that doc says is wrong, they REQUIRE the SS number. They told me to contact my legislator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska