Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
One can only maintain professoinalism so long when your dealing with sniveling whinning liberals that have no buisness running this nation. Great is the man who can maintain that professionalism while simultaniously squelching his enemys and silencing their voice without acting a fool. BUT if the sniviling whinners persist and are not delt with then I can see even the most professional loosing their cool.

No state or nation can be ran with too much desention and we have alot of it right now in this nation.
You know if you didn't do the same (above bolded) constantly, it would read pretty good, but for an educated (self-prounced) educated young kid, you need to put more focus on your spelling to get your point across...kind of like your dollar signs on the wrong end.... PS: If you were mine.....

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
You know if you didn't do the same (above bolded) constantly, it would read pretty good, but for an educated (self-prounced) educated young kid, you need to put more focus on your spelling to get your point across...kind of like your dollar signs on the wrong end.... PS: If you were mine.....
oh careful...he's gonna put you on his ignore list...pretty soon he'll be talk'n to himself! ahhha...when he (an another one) are the only one who think they are right an everyone else is wrong...welll....hang it up...their the ones off kilter!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:03 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,105 times
Well, it's posts like that which somewhat prove my point that I was making in my previous post.

If people on opposite sides of the aisle can't listen to one another (they clearly can't), we're going nowhere fast. And when the name-calling comes out, it's truly past the point of no return. What kills me is that there are a couple of people here besides me who are considering Alaska, and if I asked some of the questions they have asked, I would get cursed out about how dumb I am. But instead, they get smiley faces and answers to their questions (and I believe I know why that is).

Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Well, it's posts like that which somewhat prove my point that I was making in my previous post.

If people on opposite sides of the aisle can't listen to one another (they clearly can't), we're going nowhere fast. And when the name-calling comes out, it's truly past the point of no return. What kills me is that there are a couple of people here besides me who are considering Alaska, and if I asked some of the questions they have asked, I would get cursed out about how dumb I am. But instead, they get smiley faces and answers to their questions (and I believe I know why that is).
Ship, it has nothing to do with you, you ask questions expecting real answers right? and give real opinions right? You are not down-grading AK, but want to know more info...Don't take it personally

Old 12-02-2011, 06:23 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
One can only maintain professoinalism so long when your dealing with sniveling whinning liberals that have no buisness running this nation. Great is the man who can maintain that professionalism while simultaniously squelching his enemys and silencing their voice without acting a fool. BUT if the sniviling whinners persist and are not delt with then I can see even the most professional loosing their cool.
rrp You can't have read our Constitution because it fails to mention ideology or party affiliation as a necessary prerequisite to holding high office which you denigrate as "running the nation." In reality for someone to govern something in this Country (i.e. holding an office at any level be it the local lamplighter to the President.) requires that they possess certain accomplishments, among them qualifying for and running for an office, and obtaining a majority of the votes. Even someone who exhibits such a lack of qualifications, as you do to hold high office, can run in an election. Thus anyone who is duly elected to an office has the requisite "business" to perform the Constitutional duties that go with the office. As proof of that I offer up Sarah Palin who was duly elected and even though many didn't feel she had the necessary abilities to perform the duties that are part and parcel of that office was able to govern. And whether conservative or liberal or progressive or whatever those sniveling whinning elected persons of whatever sexual orientation do have the authority (called by you business) to govern during their term of office. Why don't you give up your sniveling whinning tirades and pretend to show off that education you brag about and offer up some truly intelligent discourse we can discuss.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,738,798 times
Quote:

it is one thing to listen to each other, agree to disagree, but when one or two are the ONLY ones of that particular opinion the majority is right!...that is called Democracy... an debate so...when one ignores/tunes out...then they are unwilling to hear out and possibly change their ideas.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Quote:
Man, you've gotta go back and read through this thread, and pay attention especially to a few particularly conservative fellow Alaskans of yours (who have shown their true colors loud and proud in this thread, insults, ignorance, and all), and you'll see that no, they don't expect more from their congressman. They believe he's doing the right thing somehow, and his ignorance and lack of professionalism was painfully never addressed.

Also, they have an amazing ability to shift the issue from what's actually happening to how some people aren't qualified to post, for various reasons. Therefore, I have determined that once one of these threads is past a certain point, logical people shouldn't bother posting anymore because they'll get covered up with, in the words of the almighty Early Cuyler, "ultra-conservative zealotry".

So perhaps, since you live in Alaska, you have something useful to say, because I surely don't. Despite the fact that I'm devoting every ounce of my energy to moving to Alaska, and that I have read up on and studied pretty much all things Alaska-related here lately, I'm just an "ignorant lesser-48'er" with nothing of value to contribute. So I do hope you'll stick around and say a few words. Here's an example of what I mean:

This kind person has been one of the only ones willing to stick up for other people in here, and as much as I'm sure she doesn't appreciate me singling her out, this is just an example of how much the people of this forum will resort to intimidation and/or trying to make people feel stupid so that there's no one left to respond to their posts.

Glitch went on to write about "insipid eco-freaks" and all kinds of other fantastic labels. He must be very smart, since he can apply those labels to me without any pretense. But really the most flawed idea in here is that some random guy (who is a transplant himself, and hasn't ever lived anywhere but Wasilla, just FYI) knows THAT much more about Alaskan politics than other people just because he lives there.

So really, trying to post anything sensible in here is just, well, not very sensible. You will just get harassed and "yelled" at and told how stupid you are. Even if you do live in Alaska, it doesn't matter, because you're a bunny hugger/insipid eco-freak/whatever other labels you want to apply.

Oh, and don't make a mistake. I made a mistake, and even after I had admitted to speaking incorrectly, nobody said, "Oh that's cool, people make mistakes", no, the only response I got was "Jeez, that was too long" (paraphrasing). Basically what I'm trying to illustrate here is that your fellow Alaskans (on this board at least) are so similar to Don Young that of course they love Don Young.
ShipOfFools42, you are obviously a very intelligent, thoughtful, and articulate individual as evidenced by your above response. Your thoughts and words are refreshing but I have one question for you, if you would indulge me. After experiencing on this forum, a taste of the narrow-mindness, bigotry and witnessing on national television, the nauseating level of demagoguery that exists here in Alaska, why do you so deeply desire to relocate here?

Granted, it is a beautiful place but the depth of crapulence that passes for political discourse in Alaska is enough to make one almost entirely give up any hope that there is still intelligent life on the right.

Awaiting your response.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:39 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Ship, it has nothing to do with you, you ask questions expecting real answers right? and give real opinions right? You are not down-grading AK, but want to know more info...Don't take it personally
Oh, I've stopped taking it personally. It doesn't really bother me when people talk about "how ignorant these lesser-48 eco-freaks" are, what bothers me is that the opinions of those who think differently are discounted without any attempt at civility or logic. Rather than saying, "No, you're off the mark, and here's why," they say, "No, you're a big, dumb jackass ignorant lesser-48 insipid eco-freak who knows nothing because he's never been here." That makes absolutely zero sense.

As a wise fellow poster of mine wrote recently, "...I do not understand your position that knowledge can be gained or lost for the price of a moving truck or plane ticket."

Old 12-02-2011, 06:47 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,023,483 times
Quote:
Therefore, I have determined that once one of these threads is past a certain point, logical people shouldn't bother posting anymore because they'll get covered up
I know what you mean. I tried posting some actual facts a few pages back, but that just got lost in the noise.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Oh, I've stopped taking it personally. It doesn't really bother me when people talk about "how ignorant these lesser-48 eco-freaks" are, what bothers me is that the opinions of those who think differently are discounted without any attempt at civility or logic. Rather than saying, "No, you're off the mark, and here's why," they say, "No, you're a big, dumb jackass ignorant lesser-48 insipid eco-freak who knows nothing because he's never been here." That makes absolutely zero sense.

As a wise fellow poster of mine wrote recently, "...I do not understand your position that knowledge can be gained or lost for the price of a moving truck or plane ticket."
I must have missed something here again, I thought what you were talking about with hand-signals was related to a local Anchorage person....I have been a -48-er, am now again a -48-er due to financial have to, but was in AK for 2 years...and I think most Alaskans are eco-friendly, they do what they can with what they have to deal with life. I am glad you can sort out what is important in feedback, joking, poor sarcasm, or just downright rudeness...That's puts you over most in life in a tiny focus of life in an internet forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska