Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Science is verifiable by anyone through detection, evidence and experiment. .
Unless you witnessed each one of these events happen then you must have faith and belief that the person reporting it to you isn't just laying out a line of BS. Just like the whole evolution thing, total fabricated BS.

Science or Religion, they all take faith and belief.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
You are the only one lying; stating this is about me! atheism is the topic.
Actually no, the topic is not atheism - the topic is atheists near Fairbanks who might like to form a group.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,102,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummm... "In God We Trust" is not inscribed in all courthouses.
Why let a trivial detail, like truth, get in the way of a good rant?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Unless you witnessed each one of these events happen then you must have faith and belief that the person reporting it to you isn't just laying out a line of BS. Just like the whole evolution thing, total fabricated BS.

Science or Religion, they all take faith and belief.
Wow, all of those biologists and others scientists must all go to work everyday and pretend to be doing research and development. Yes, it is all just ruse to fool you. If your so confident in your believes then never, ever go to a doctor again. Don't leech off of the other peoples labor and knowledge while belittling them for it.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,517,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Why let a trivial detail, like truth, get in the way of a good rant?
Let me throw some gas on the fire... How about our National Anthem?

I think that is a better example. Even though now you don't have to stand, salute the flag, or say it.

And it is on our money...

- Flame Suit On -

Last edited by Dakster; 04-19-2012 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
The Pilgrims did not found this county. They were merely some of the first settlers. Unfortunately their fanatical ideals still hold too much sway even to this day.
True.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummm... "In God We Trust" is not inscribed in all courthouses.
The original national motto was "E Pluribus Unum" ("Out of many, one"), established by the Continental Congress in 1782. It would not be until 1956 before the national motto would be changed again by Congress to "In God We Trust" at the behest of the Catholic Knights of Columbus.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,885 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO..........Laughing so hard..........

Then please explain why they want - all mention of God out of schools - they are forcing their beliefs on a well established country that believes:

IN GOD WE TRUST

Nope remove all crosses; all mention of god no prayers in school no bible in schools REMOVE IT ALL!!

GOBRIEN; Thanks.. you just made my day - (chuckle).
As it should be. I thought this was the land of freedom of religion, how does that work if I am supposed to get the bible and that stuff pushed down my throat?
I can choose to believe or not and my rights are protected in the constitution.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The original national motto was "E Pluribus Unum" ("Out of many, one"), established by the Continental Congress in 1782. It would not be until 1956 before the national motto would be changed again by Congress to "In God We Trust" at the behest of the Catholic Knights of Columbus.
True - but it is not inscribed in all courthouses as Sity claimed - I think he is referencing the controversy in Texas last year - and expressing a desire for all courthouses to follow suit.

The Knights of Columbus may have been openly supportive of changing the motto and held some influence - but they were hardly the only group lobbying for the change - the new motto had more to do with anti-communism and distinguishing ourselves from the Soviet Union than kowtowing to lobbyist demands.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:31 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,882,564 times
Quote:
school is for teaching & learning

What is the name of the most famous prestigious university in the world??

Harvard

What was the sole purpose of Harvard University ? (hint: it is engraved in stone at the entrance)

ANS: To teach young men the scriptures!

I'm not interested one bit what you think - I am interested in our history that is carved in stone and in blood on all our sacred documents and in all court houses

In God We Trust those words are: OUR NATIONAL MOTTO
Harvard is a private college and can teach whatever the heck they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska