Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 12:33 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJazzyP View Post
It doesn't sound that extreme. This is, after all, the man who has called other people "subhuman," and "coyotes in your living room that should be shot," and who called on his fans to chop off the heads of Democrats in November.

I am sure (or hopeful, at least) that he did not mean those things literally. But...words matter. They reflect what resides in the heart and mind of the speaker, and I don't think it is unreasonable, based on those words, to conclude that this man harbors a great deal of hatred. If he does not, he would do well to reconsider his speech.
He has a violent way of thinking. I'm not familiar with his music. I only heard of him because of "That 70s Show".

He's in his 60s right now. I wonder how long he'll be in prison, or how long he'll last in prison.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He has a violent way of thinking. I'm not familiar with his music. I only heard of him because of "That 70s Show".

He's in his 60s right now. I wonder how long he'll be in prison, or how long he'll last in prison.
He won't be in prison - Mitt will win the election.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Never kill anything if you are not going to eat it. Those that hook fish and torment them..then toss the creature back into the water injured...some of which die later are idiots..you catch it - you eat it.

When we were kids growing up on the lake..no one ever thought of catching a fish then tossing it back in the water..we fished for a reason. Sure it was fun and sporty..but it also helped us stay healthy. Sport hunters and fishermen think they are conserving wild life when all they do is stress nature out for no good reason other than some cheap little thrill. The remind me of adult versions of kids that shoot birds with their BB gun. Killing for fun is really not manly.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
Oh, I like his music, quite a bit really. But as a man, I'm really not sure. I feel his brain has gone a bit mushy over the years.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:36 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He won't be in prison - Mitt will win the election.
Do you know that for a fact? Or is this sarcasm? Sorry, I had to ask. I have a hard time picking up humor easily.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:37 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
I've never understood the "catch and release" approach to fishing, either. If you love to fish, fish for something you - or someone - will actually eat. The justification is always that it protects game fish for tomorrow, but wouldn't that be just as easily accomplished by leaving them alone?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Care to explain in detail to us what your implication here is...
How much has the cost of gas, utilities and food gone up in AK in the last few years? Don't get me wrong ours have gone up, but nothing like the people I know in AK have told me.

And as more people move to AK there will be more an more services needed, supply and demand drives up prices. I would gather sonner or later there will be a state tax, property tax to keep the local and state governments going.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:40 PM

811 posts, read 1,316,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Did he donate the bear meat?
I don't know, do you? Did he give to locals or take it home?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Funny how for 8 years during GW Bush, we were told by countless degenerates like Michael Moore and Hillary Clinton - and repeated gleefully by the MSM - that calling for Bush's assasination was a patriotic expression of first admendment rights.

Now the Libs have gone off the charts apoplectic. The word hypocrisy doesn't even come close anymore.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:43 PM

868 posts, read 1,426,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
How much has the cost of gas, utilities and food gone up in AK in the last few years? Don't get me wrong ours have gone up, but nothing like the people I know in AK have told me.

And as more people move to AK there will be more an more services needed, supply and demand drives up prices. I would gather sonner or later there will be a state tax, property tax to keep the local and state governments going.
I keep forgetting you don't live here.

Alaska does not have state income tax or a state sales tax. However, communities within the state may have sales tax, and I assure you they have property tax, as well. Short-term lodging, such as hotel rooms, is heavily taxed, as well, at least in Anchorage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska