Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:29 PM

5 posts, read 26,643 times

Advertisements

Hello all.....My husband and I are hoping to move to healy alaska. were a young couple with 2 small children(2 and 4). i have been searching on the net but have come up wil nil for rentals in healy. i need to know where to fing this information ..i have contacted the chamberor commerce and they gave me lil info so far. i would really like to meet soem people from healy...penpal sorta thing yeah know .. were not planing on moving til june 08 but i'm a person who likes to know what i'm dealing with a head of time and have my plans all ready yeha know. if you know anything, site or someone i can speak with please contact me ..... my yahoo messy id is simplyme_kira leave a message if i'm not on i will get back to you or you can email me there too ... i'm in need of this info

thank you

heidi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 05:13 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,225,839 times
Healy is located in Denali Nat'l Park, on the highway between Anchorage and Fairbanks. It is about an hour-an hour and a half from Fairbanks. Employment is available at the Uisibelli Mine and at Clear AFB (small aux field). Some summer tourism work available. Interior weather is cold in winter and warm in summer. Have only passed through. Can't tell you much more.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Smile thank you

yes i have all that kind of information... what i'm looking for is where or who i can contact for rentals. i have spoke with the school and chamber of commerce too. teh town don't have a local paper and they basicly trave to fairbanks for all the immedite shopping needs(once a month i guess). i need to find locals.. someone who i can talk to who lives there and can get me contact information. do you know anything along those lines?

ty
heidi

Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
ooh oooh, I know that its small.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,225,839 times
Sorry, no info beyond what I gave you.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,441,429 times
An idea you might try is go to Fairbanks Daily News-Miner They usually have a section in the paper covering the outlying areas and you may get a contact off that. Also Dermet Cole who is the lead columnist, might be a source. If nothing else he may put a blurb in one of his columns. He is read by quite a few folks and some one may contact you.

This is a pretty small place, if your going to work for one of the major employers ask them for information. May be something on the bullitin board.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
I've never lived in Healy but I have lived close by.

You need to think outside the box to find a place. Maybe put an ad in the Fairbanks Miner and on Craig's List. There aren't any companies that handle rentals like in the lower 48. Be proactive and you'll probably have some luck.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,031,067 times
Healy is the type of place where you are going to find your rental by talking to a waitress at the local restraunt, looking at notices on the bulletin board at the gas station and post office.

There are a lot more rentals available in the winter than in the summer.

How is it that your know you want to live in Healy?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:03 AM

thank you all for the information!! i will do what you have all suggested...oh and the answer to your question marty....... i Know i want to move to healy for a couple of reasons..... my husband is hoping to get a civy job at the denali park... theres a job posting right now thats the perfect job but can't apply yet cuz he don't graduate college till may....healy is the closest town to the park and when i talked to the chamber of commerce (neil) ,, told me that healy was a better place to raise kids that cantwell. helay is 15 minutes and cantwell is 30 ... you add weather to them and who know if you'll make to work..lol... anyways i'm from a small town and i like small towns... i was told rents higher there but if i cna't find a place i guess i will have to look at mckinney and cantwell huh..lol... i am hope to find some people online from some of the surrounding towns. i will try craigs list and see if i can't get an add in the paper. well anyways wish me luck all and i will keep you posted.
PS to tell you the truth i will move anywhere in alska if i can get my hubby a job...i have always wanted to live there and the further i get from my inlaws the better ..lol..j/k i think Alaska is the most beautiful place in the world and i plan to live in it!!!
thank you all again

Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 AM

115 posts, read 615,717 times
Default move to healy

The bst time to get here are Februry loosers of quest race wil hav muts avalbel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska