Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,801,965 times

Advertisements

good luck.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,363,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySophia View Post
Hi guys,

So I learned today that the auction company I had planned to use will take 35-45% of total sales. This seems a bit steep to me. My uncle owns an auction company in Nebraska and they do not charge that amount. Looking online, this one site said anywhere from 6-15% is to be expected. Any thoughts on this? Is 35% more the norm?

Saucy
I think the ones back in PA took about 30% generally......
Just dump that stuff sooner rather than later, I waited until the last minute then said "What the Heck am I doing with All This STUFF???" Reference the "It has begun thread", then I got crazy labeling everything in the house with stickies and it just got kind of plain, well, ugly.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:41 AM

53 posts, read 121,488 times
LOL, I don't want to keep but a minimum of our stuff. Like so many we have accumulated a lot over the years and it's just plain ridiculous. I can't wait to get rid of it, I feel like it's a stone around my waist weighting me down.

Seriously, it doesn't get that cold in October does it? I can't tell if that was sarcasm or serious. I'm going with sarcasm until verified by others. If you are serious Starlite I guess I'll be making the greatest warmest fleece costumes in the history of Halloween.

Good news today, my mom is moving with us. She's taking an early retirement. Wooohooo! She's lived with us for the past two years and she wasn't sure she wanted to go but now she's completely on board with the move and excited as much as we are.

Saucy

Old 11-14-2008, 12:45 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akvarmit View Post
I think the ones back in PA took about 30% generally......
Just dump that stuff sooner rather than later, I waited until the last minute then said "What the Heck am I doing with All This STUFF???" Reference the "It has begun thread", then I got crazy labeling everything in the house with stickies and it just got kind of plain, well, ugly.
Especially the stickie on the dog..and her hubby...the dog is cute....we like you Doug,...just have to leave the pile of ....oh well pick-up poop time...

Old 11-14-2008, 01:50 AM

I finally read through all of the "It has begun thread." Great read. I actually laughed out loud, especially when the ladies were talking about power tools. I thought I was rather unusual seeing as how all the tools we own belong to me. I've asked for tools and tool boxes for Christmas many many times. Thankfully my dad knows all the good brands and must haves.

I was wondering how many nurses or former nurses are on here? Seems there may be a few. Who knows, I could end up working in the same hospital with one or two.

Saucy

Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 AM

823 posts, read 1,731,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySophia View Post
I finally read through all of the "It has begun thread." Great read. I actually laughed out loud, especially when the ladies were talking about power tools. I thought I was rather unusual seeing as how all the tools we own belong to me. I've asked for tools and tool boxes for Christmas many many times. Thankfully my dad knows all the good brands and must haves.

I was wondering how many nurses or former nurses are on here? Seems there may be a few. Who knows, I could end up working in the same hospital with one or two.

Saucy
The part about the powertools just made me nervous..

Old 11-14-2008, 02:12 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
The part about the powertools just made me nervous..
Maybe you need yer big guy knickers again...did you get up the ladder to put the lights up yet...

Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Maybe you need yer big guy knickers again...did you get up the ladder to put the lights up yet...
That would be a 'no'.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:05 AM

He he he, now why would a guy be nervous over a lady owning a few dangerous sharp scary tools? It boggles the mind.

Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,699,652 times
Thats ok I'll come up and put them up for you. I work cheap. (now what was it I wanted for dinner)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska