Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,861,039 times

Advertisements

So what are all fellow C-D'ers doing New Year's Eve and New Year's Day???

Not sure about Lizzy and I, but think we will at least watch a couple movies, make some popcorn maybe, some hot chocolate, maybe confiscate Cori's Baileys (), and bring in the New Year....then is another dreaded birthday for me, so not sure if I will have work or not that day, have to figure out something to eat, and hopefully warms up and we can go for a walk across the road to the lake, if nothing else try to get some pics...am going to try to put her on long snowshoes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,150,019 times
Working on New Years Day...

Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,255,231 times
Not sure we'll be doing anything. Jan is working New Years Eve, but off the first.
I generally stay home anyway, too many crazies out there.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Well, even though I'm 37 I still think of New Year's as a party night. So, since last New Year's I was at my apartment by myself at midnight, this year I'm spending it w/my best friend who couldn't make it last year due to a broken ankle and a couple nights spent at the hospital. We'll probably start at my apartment & head out to a bar close enough that we can walk (there's one directly across the street from my apartment). New Year's Day, I'll be spending it at the gay bars (my best friend is gay), so that will be fun & most likely I'll get free drinks, yay me!!! I'm also considering doing the Polar Bear Plunge this year....every year I think I may do it & always chicken out. It'd be nice to add it to my resume of crazy crap I've done!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,969,096 times
NYE here is best done at home. Too many drunks on the roads here too. Plus we have the redneck neighbors shooting off their guns & fireworks all night.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,255,231 times
I wouldn't mind going over to Palmer for the fireworks, but I don't want to go without Jan, it's just not the same.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well, even though I'm 37 I still think of New Year's as a party night. So, since last New Year's I was at my apartment by myself at midnight, this year I'm spending it w/my best friend who couldn't make it last year due to a broken ankle and a couple nights spent at the hospital. We'll probably start at my apartment & head out to a bar close enough that we can walk (there's one directly across the street from my apartment). New Year's Day, I'll be spending it at the gay bars (my best friend is gay), so that will be fun & most likely I'll get free drinks, yay me!!! I'm also considering doing the Polar Bear Plunge this year....every year I think I may do it & always chicken out. It'd be nice to add it to my resume of crazy crap I've done!
Please have someone take pictures...I don't have the guts for that one....

Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,328,093 times
Most likely stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. Too many years of working cocktails on party nights for me to enjoy going out, anyway. And popcorn - doggers love popcorn, so I share with them. I've got one that catches anything edible I toss to her, the other two look at me like I'm nuts and then pick it up off the floor. No wine or beer, though - can't mix them with the antibiotics. Sigh.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Most likely stay home and watch the ball drop on TV. Too many years of working cocktails on party nights for me to enjoy going out, anyway. And popcorn - doggers love popcorn, so I share with them. I've got one that catches anything edible I toss to her, the other two look at me like I'm nuts and then pick it up off the floor. No wine or beer, though - can't mix them with the antibiotics. Sigh.
Hey tormenting the doggies is good fun though...., we will throw that into our plan for sure, as they all stand lined up, waggin butts for something to fall

Old 12-30-2008, 01:44 AM

20,294 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Our Wedding Anniversary But my wife has requested a relaxing day at home, and a nice halibut dinner prepared by me, of course. I already bought her a couple of presents, and the halibut is in the freezer. Would you believe over $13.00 per pound at Fred's? But I don't care how expensive it is, since she loves this fish along a fruit salad, mashed potatoes, with gravy. She drinks milk, while I drink a cup of wine We will also watch a movie or two. She is sound asleep by 9:00PM, so our Lab and I will watch the ball drop at midnight. I remember when it was a ball dropping at Times Square, but it was supposed to be an Apple (it had a stem with two colorful leaves), and much beautiful than what it's today.

By the way, the police and trooper have been and will continue being in force out there. Lookout! As you may know by now, crime like breaking and entering does not pay (no money to be made), but road crime sure pays. The police (North Pole and Fairbanks), and the troopers make a killing from before Christmas to after New Year's day. They look like hornets out there. Not Kidding!

Last edited by RayinAK; 12-30-2008 at 01:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska