Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 PM

258 posts, read 560,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
hmmm, smoked eggs. That sounds very interesting! I just discovered putting a few slices of cheese on top of Ramen noodles, with an egg in it of course.

Ramen noodles, the 3 minute wonder - If a package of ramen noodles weighs 3 oz and I have eaten approximately 5 tons over the last 30+ years, how many feet of noodles have I eaten?

I forgot to add important information about the cheesecake recipe I started this thread with!

For plain cheesecakes or ones with blueberries or other smooth toppings (non-acidic berries, etc) try using lemon shortbread cookies.
For cheesecakes with fudge or chocolate toppings, try pecan shortbread cookies ("Pecan Sandies" work great).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,861,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAHobbit View Post
Barbeque meat, what a novel concept!
My grill has been buried in the snow and ice for 4 months. It warmed up enough a week ago that you can see the top few inches of the lid.
Ahhhh, it is possible to go out and clean it off, shovel a spot in front of it and fire it up and use the blessed thing...Something about using the grill in the snow is very good to the palate, and the soul...

Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
smoked eggs!!??? wow and I thought I was in heaven a just now with my homemade wheat oak bread toast/ peanut butter and Hu-Kwa tea for breakfast.... me wantta smoked eggs for breakfast
As we BBQ year round here (just had grilled Ribeyes last night) we know what we do here will not work in AK as far as grill placement. Our huge grill is on the upper deck tucked under the eves. have to shovel snow away from it and lucky no bears have come up the stairs to trash it. Work'n on house plans to build up in AK to accomadate all our cook'n and living needs. Any suggestions are welcome!!
well gotta go to the store and get eggs!!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Smoked eggs are very good; Warpt

Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 AM

823 posts, read 1,734,052 times
Smoked Eggs!!! Sounds great...........Honey go buy five dozen I'll fire up the smoker when I get home.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Ahhhh, it is possible to go out and clean it off, shovel a spot in front of it and fire it up and use the blessed thing...Something about using the grill in the snow is very good to the palate, and the soul...
Here's how Hobbit

Find the grill...

Coals almost ready...

Almost done....

Steak, BBQ bacon-wrapped shrimp, toasted bread, rice...

Old 02-23-2009, 02:17 PM

261 posts, read 780,954 times
My latest favourite is bacon wrapped asparagus, takes 10mins @ 425F and is sooo yummy.
Got the recipe from Jamie Olivers latest cookbook, he suggests it for breakfast with dippy eggs.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Horizon View Post
My latest favourite is bacon wrapped asparagus, takes 10mins @ 425F and is sooo yummy.
Got the recipe from Jamie Olivers latest cookbook, he suggests it for breakfast with dippy eggs.
That sounds good and will have to try...found some asparagus at Freddies cheap and got extra...found that is the best way to cook it, but not tried with bacon...I think anything with bacon is good

Old 02-23-2009, 03:12 PM

261 posts, read 780,954 times
cant seem to find the recipe for that online so here goes ...
serves 4 .... or 2 when Ed is hungry

Crispy asparagus soldiers with soft-boiled eggs

12 asparagus spears
12 slices thinly sliced pancetta or bacon (i used regular bacon strips cut in half)
olive oil

4 large eggs
Preheat oven to 425F
cut the woody ends from the asparagus and wrap with the bacon place on a roasting pan (i use an old cookie sheet) drizzle with olive oil ... this is where spray olive oil comes in useful.
Roast in a preheated oven for 10mins until the bacon is crispy and golden.

Prepare soft boiled eggs .. place in boiling water for 5 mins (i think this differs depending on the size of the egg)

Serve ... enjoy dipping your yummy asparagus into the eggs!!

Jan

Old 02-23-2009, 03:18 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,745,969 times
must be the Italian in me but I use procsuitto wrapped around the Asparagus spears. Also make bread sticks from either fresh made dough or the package Pillsbury dough with procsuitto wrapped around....yummmy!! lots less greasy than bacon but a wee salty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska