Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
The Smirking Chimp administration wasn't much of anything was it, we all know that...Bush was simply a dirtbag POS failure

Anyone that watches Faux News has the mentality equal to a watermelon....

Like it says above....Conservative is an incurable brain disorder....
Your post is too irrational to even begin to reply to. What can I expect from yet another lib who gets his jollies spelling out "faux?"

"If reality wasn't so serious, liberalism would be mere comic relief for the thinking mind."

Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times
ya...well first you have to be smart enough to understand, that lets you out

you simply fit the mentality profile of that ole watermelon, as I suspected..

Old 12-14-2009, 09:23 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Star, she is stupid.

I don't even know that book sales mean much anymore--look at how well the tabloids sell. But yeah, I have heard that the parts about her growing up in Alaska are quite interesting, so the book is probably worth it just for that. As a lot of lower forty eighters will be reading it, maybe it will provide them with greater understanding of the state. Remember a few years ago when they did a poll and five percent of lower forty eighters didn't even know that we're a state?
It would be nice to be stupid enough to make all the money she is making

By the way, I was listening to some news about the parka she wore when signing her book. The parka was put on sale to collect money for charity, and the price has already surpassed $35,000.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:28 PM

C'mon Ray.... she has handlers, they are the smart ones.

She's an airhead with a pretty face....nothing more

But...I have no doubt at all that you guys are certain that makes her president material

Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It would be nice to be stupid enough to make all the money she is making

By the way, I was listening to some news about the parka she wore when signing her book. The parka was put on sale to collect money for charity, and the price has already surpassed $35,000.
At first I thought I agreed, Ray, but money doesn't mean that much to me; I make enough. I don't know that the trade off would be worth it--people stalking you and your family, and not being able to go anywhere without idjits bugging you and being in the papers. And what in the hell is our world coming to when people make money just for being stupid...look at the likes of Britny Spears et al...what a sad statement about what our society values.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
C'mon Ray.... she has handlers, they are the smart ones.

She's an airhead with a pretty face....nothing more
I see...she isn't making any money. Her handlers are

Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM

yep....like the publishing company

you think they really give a crap about who Sarah Palin is ?

she's simply a money-making tool for them...this month

Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I see...she isn't making any money. Her handlers are
I'm sure there's somewhat of a gravy train involved, but there always is.

6,381 posts, read 14,572,327 times
Quote:
ya....you guys are cute

The Smirking Chimp could perhaps muster up a D if he were lucky

History will show him as a miserable failure at best...

When history is written in fifty years, all the details will be that Bush took the enemy to task that attacked us n 9/11. He will be up here with the top five.... The rest is footnotes and nobody will care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
At first I thought I agreed, Ray, but money doesn't mean that much to me; I make enough. I don't know that the trade off would be worth it--people stalking you and your family, and not being able to go anywhere without idjits bugging you and being in the papers. And what in the hell is our world coming to when people make money just for being stupid...look at the likes of Britny Spears et al...what a sad statement about what our society values.
Well, that's true in a way. It's the news media that places Britney and all the others on the spotlight. For example, look at Tiger Woods. He is perhaps the best golf player in the world, and he earned that. But the image presented to us by the media has nothing to do with reality. The same with Obama (his image), except that in this case nobody knows anything meaningful he did in the past. He has been presented to us as a god or something, while Tiger can play golf well.

But my point was that being "stupid" is not the reason why she is making so much money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska