Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2019, 10:52 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,063,346 times

Advertisements

Looks like Keller's administration was cooking the books and was caught. It's ok though, the golden child and his team will be left off the hook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 11:34 AM

5,045 posts, read 7,424,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Looks like Keller's administration was cooking the books and was caught. It's ok though, the golden child and his team will be left off the hook.
It's hard to know where this originated. At one point a few days ago it sounded like APD was blaming the Berry administration for outdated methods of data collection. They were calling for "modernization" whatever that means. With any transition to a new administration I think some bumps can be expected. But it did seem the drastically reduced stats in certain categories were hard to believe, when homicides were going up. It's harder to fudge the number of dead bodies since those are always reported in the news.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It's hard to know where this originated. At one point a few days ago it sounded like APD was blaming the Berry administration for outdated methods of data collection. They were calling for "modernization" whatever that means. With any transition to a new administration I think some bumps can be expected. But it did seem the drastically reduced stats in certain categories were hard to believe, when homicides were going up. It's harder to fudge the number of dead bodies since those are always reported in the news.
It looks exactly like what was portrayed in the show The Wire. Administration pushing for drop in numbers so the police started arresting less people and looking the other way in a lot of crimes.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
It looks exactly like what was portrayed in the show The Wire. Administration pushing for drop in numbers so the police started arresting less people and looking the other way in a lot of crimes.
How are you going to prove that? I think police have always selectively arrested people and with the decriminalization of marijuana possession last year there would be way fewer arrests on that basis alone. On the whole though I think more cops means more arrests and we have a lot more cops now than two years ago.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
How are you going to prove that? I think police have always selectively arrested people and with the decriminalization of marijuana possession last year there would be way fewer arrests on that basis alone. On the whole though I think more cops means more arrests and we have a lot more cops now than two years ago.
AS someone who deals in data day in and day out. It is extremely easy to make data look any way I or anyone else would like.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
AS someone who deals in data day in and day out. It is extremely easy to make data look any way I or anyone else would like.
Well that's different from saying the police are being told to look the other way, not apprehending suspects or letting them go to make the stats look good.

Old 12-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Well that's different from saying the police are being told to look the other way, not apprehending suspects or letting them go to make the stats look good.
I said it looks like what was portrayed. I don't have proof. Something smells really bad surrounding this. I just don't believe there was a mistake.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:05 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,630,132 times
I edited my post late last night but it originally included my thoughts on the mayor, which I later thought would be better for me not to expound upon here. Suffice it to say I don't trust anything this administration says and it's been that way for awhile.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Suffice it to say I don't trust anything this administration says and it's been that way for awhile.
I don't trust what any administration says, any claims must be independently verified. That's what the press should be doing, along with city councilors and other organizations and watchdog groups.

Old 12-06-2019, 12:40 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Glad you were able to point this out. too many people depend on stats, studies and polls to try and make a point and most of us who think about this know not to put too much into data. Here is an example: we recently had an election for an increase on our POA dues: It almost passed but had to have 51% Missed it by 3 votes. Now those who voted against it tell us only 38% of the residents voted for it: Reasoning? 45% voted NO and 17% didn't even vote. This means the majority didn't want the increase Tell them the other way around and they will tell us we don't know what we are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque