Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 04:53 AM

104 posts, read 106,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
For someone that seemingly doesn't care about crime you sure ask a lot of questions about the safest places to live. Why is that?

A simple search will tell you that cities run by democrats have higher crime rates. It's a fact that for some reason you can't comprehend. Look no further than this forum which is about Albuquerque as we set new records for crime year after year.

I never said crime would go away if people elected conservatives to run their cities but statistically crime rates go down. Crime will never go away but it is liberal run cities that are so soft on crime they care more about the criminals than the citizens. We just had a police officer shot in the east mountains last week. This is a person who violated his parole three times and the liberal judges put him back on the street every time.

When it comes to mass shootings they are abhorrent but the statistics show they are extremely rare. Since 2010 an average of 51 people have been killed in mass shootings. In 2020 there were 38 lives lost to mass shootings which equates to a few weeks in Chicago. Sadly that is a drop in the bucket for most large liberal run cities. Too put that number in perspective a relative tiny city in NM called Albuquerque had 118 homicides last year and that doesn't count county numbers. The amount of people killed by rifles in the US is miniscule at 3%, but I'm assuming you don't know that because you're ill informed.

Think I'll hit the range tomorrow and run one of my AR's tomorrow. Pew Pew
Who's well informed? Not you, read the following links and see if you can come up with that average of 51 people who have succumbed to mass shootings since 2010. Sounds like your trying to put a positive spin on Mass Shootings? Hell, the Vegas Shooting took over 60 people alone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...ay-bay-n806461

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/n...ry-school.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/teacher-co...ry?id=53092879

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonem...chool_shooting

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...gs-since-pulse

https://www.fbi.gov/about/partnershi...dents-graphics

Let Google be your friend.

Oh, for the record, I am moving to ABQ in April. Spent a vacation out there last October and could not believe how friendly people that I bumped into were. Far different than the midwest.

You claim to be the law and order party? If January 6th is your definition of Law and Order attempting a coup d'etat I would suggest you seek help.

Last edited by TruckerDavidJohn; 02-17-2022 at 05:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 09:08 AM

282 posts, read 217,369 times
Albuquerque's most recent spike in crime and murders began under Mayor Berry, a Republican.

Most violent crime besides murders have been going down in the last few years while we've had a Democratic mayor.

Property crime has been decreasing dramatically the last few years while we've had a Democratic mayor.

This unfortunate spike in homicides that we've seen the past few years is an anomaly, but one which is occurring nationwide. There are many theories as to why it's happening, I don't pretend to know exactly why it's happening myself.

I must say that it's quite bizarre the way some fixate on crime in this city. Crime in Albuquerque is not a good look for our city, but it does not define us. And we can't allow it to define us. We have much more beautiful and positive aspects of our city that deserve at least equal time and attention as our crime issues. There has to be a balance. The news media in this city is the biggest perpetrator of trying to paint our city this way day in and day out. And they have business motives in keeping people tuned in by sensationalizing every bit of crime in the city.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:55 PM

5,038 posts, read 7,417,088 times
Almost all big cities are run by Democrats, they are the economic and educational engines of the country, attracting young people and more educated people who tend to be liberal. Very few large cities are run by conservatives, I guess Oklahoma City is one, but its crime rate is higher than 93.5% of all US cities according to city-data's latest figures:

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crim...-Oklahoma.html

Old 03-01-2022, 03:52 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,519 times
Already 15 homicides in Abq at end of Feb 2022, off to a terrible start to the year

Old 03-05-2022, 11:59 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,509,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Already 15 homicides in Abq at end of Feb 2022, off to a terrible start to the year
I predict we're going to increase murders by 50% this year just watch. Seems like a murder every night.

Last edited by Rich Cabeza; 03-05-2022 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 03-05-2022, 01:31 PM

282 posts, read 217,369 times
Albuquerque last year had about 120 murders, which is about one every 3 days. It's the worst frequency we've ever seen and it's bad but it's a far way off from having a murder every day or night. Murders are obviously highly unpredictable but they often come in fits and spurts. We often have a lot of murders in one day or weekend and then go many days or even weeks without one. I know we recently had a quiet spell in about early February.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:23 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,509,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque 101 View Post
Albuquerque last year had about 120 murders, which is about one every 3 days. It's the worst frequency we've ever seen and it's bad but it's a far way off from having a murder every day or night. Murders are obviously highly unpredictable but they often come in fits and spurts. We often have a lot of murders in one day or weekend and then go many days or even weeks without one. I know we recently had a quiet spell in about early February.
To me it seems like every other day now.

Old 03-10-2022, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 2,080 times
So where would you all say a good place to move is? I want to move there. Lived here since 1968 and it’s never been great. I remember zero murders a year, to now 80 or so but here is a perspective for you Chicago has almost 900 murders a year.
Small towns can be worse in the friendly department they seem to shun new people. I wish I knew where that grand place to live was because it’s a jungle here.

Old 03-11-2022, 04:39 AM

To put things in perspective, I live in Peoria, IL and we are roughly a 1/4th the size of Albuquerque (City Proper). Last year we had 34 murders and that figure may put it murder or two above Albuquerques's number. Could be splitting hairs though. I do plan on moving to Albuquerque next month.

https://www.pjstar.com/story/news/cr...es/8882924002/

Old 03-11-2022, 07:00 PM

Actually, Peoria is about 1/5th the size of Albuquerque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque