Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:28 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,182,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I'm going to try to trim this down going forward.
You could also try following the adage, "if you can't say something nice".

Your comments have really become insufferable. Bashing New Mexico while hiding 1000 miles away in the Silicon Valley bubble doesn't really benefit anybody but yourself, especially with all the out-of-date and second-hand bile you bring to the table. It's trolling. It's also on the mansplaining/whitesplaining continuum.

We got a really nice snow day today. Everything's closed. I feel sorry for you, staring at brake lights on the 101, surrounded by six-figure earners who live worse than drug addicts here do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 08:35 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,777,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
You could also try following the adage, "if you can't say something nice".
True, but if the topic is crime in another thread, what's the point of being nice about it. One thing I can and will do, going forward, is to limit the length of posts.
Quote:
Your comments have really become insufferable. Bashing New Mexico while hiding 1000 miles away in the Silicon Valley bubble doesn't really benefit anybody.
It's overkill for me to drone on repeatedly about the same problems, but at the same time, facts are facts. It doesn't benefit anybody to pretend they don't exist. I feel that you guys don't want to talk about realities of certain things. (FYI I already paid my dues, lived 30 years of my life in NM, 20+ years of that were in the barrio).

Quote:
It's also on the mansplaining/whitesplaining continuum.
No idea what this means but thanks for the vocabulary.
Quote:
staring at brake lights on the 101, surrounded by six-figure earners who live worse than drug addicts here do.
What's the point of this last statement? It discredits any reasonable things you might otherwise be posting.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:47 AM

Back to the thread, those of you who remember the ironic drive-through liquor stores, you knew you were in NM then.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times
Quote:
Back to the thread, those of you who remember the ironic drive-through liquor stores, you knew you were in NM then.
I think there's still one open on Broadway just north of or near Gibson.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:04 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,407,431 times
Quote:
According to this list, there are 30 states where drive-thru liquor stores are legal, including our neighbors, Arizona, Colorado, and Texas. Even in your adopted state of Calif. So not unique to NM at all and not something you can claim "You know you live in ABQ when..." Showing it is typical of you to trash ABQ and NM for things that aren't even factual. Or maybe you're just clueless.

https://www.supercall.com/culture/dr...-liquor-stores

Old 02-21-2019, 12:22 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,800 times
Gary Johnson signed a bill banning drive-up liquor stores in 1998. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...uor-sales.html

I know of several that were operating in Las Cruces in the 2000's. I'm not sure if they were ignoring the law or if something had changed.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:35 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
I think there's still one open on Broadway just north of or near Gibson.
Drive-through liquor sales in New Mexico were banned statewide in 1998. They still have them in Texas, though...

Old 02-21-2019, 03:07 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,905,506 times
Interestingly, grocery stores in Texas can not sell liquor. Liquor can be sold only at Texas state licenced retail stores/shops, which can have a drive through window. Liquor by the drink, open container, can not be sold at Texas liquor stores, and must be (package sale) consumed off property. Liquor by the drink can only be sold at a restaurant or bar licensed to do so.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
According to this list, there are 30 states where drive-thru liquor stores are legal, including our neighbors, Arizona, Colorado, and Texas.
Interesting. Didn't know that. Always thought it was just an NM thing. Definitely clueless on that one. Scratch it off the "you know you're in burque when..." list.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 PM

I'd like to apologize to Poncho_NM for my post 2-18-2019 (page 6), it was uncalled for. Sorry for my rudeness and antagonism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque