Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 AM

382 posts, read 1,228,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I still say lets put money towards new roads, businesses and housing.
Whose money? I understand the roads, but businesses and housing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:02 AM

147 posts, read 390,906 times
Default Nascar ?????

NASCAR doesn't build tracks! They are built under the speculation that they'll get a slot in the race series. I'm from NKY and it was built by a developer who was given all kinds of promises that a slot would be given but it never came to be! The statement that NASCAR was interested in NM was made by a developer not NASCAR They don't build tracks!!!!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:33 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,721,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
Whose money? I understand the roads, but businesses and housing?
Yes in order for businesses to thrive they need people to buy there products and in turn create a stable economy for the given city. Same with housing, the more money that people spend the better the city does and the more likely it will grow and create new housing and businesses. I'm not saying ABQ is bad at all cause its not. Its actually one of the few places that is doing pretty well.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Do you feel Albuquerque or New Mexico in general should have a professional sports team? If so what sport? What should they be called?
Yes, they should because it would bring a wide variety of jobs and money to ABQ. They should have a Football and baseball

Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,227,406 times
A pro team wouldn't last two seasons in ABQ.

It would be a huge hit for one season... but then all the extra money (which most New Mexicans don't have, besides credit cards) would dry-up.

Case in point: The Scorpions have struggled each season to make ends meet.

Anybody remember Chile-Peppers Soccer? that was pretty awesome.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:45 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,996,205 times
Yea,.. but Hockey here will never do good, you have to get something a little better than that, honestly moving the New Orleans Saints here would have been the best idea, it even fits .. since we are one of the largest catholic religion states.. =saints hahaha it would be a hit here, football...or nascar honestly those would do really good here.

Lets not forget, people from all over the state would attend, not just from albuquerque.. even an NBA team would do good here, look at how packed the lobo games get..

Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,227,406 times
Yeah, but our Cajun population is very small.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:51 PM

Hahah thats a good one but i'm tellin ya, .. albuquerque deserves something, i think they will regret it in the long run.. watch albuquerque will be huge, no joke with the proposed 200,000+ homes coming soon.. sports will be in DEMAND here! The city's population and the metro will skyrocket with all them houses, according to reasearch we took were gunna be growing faster than vegas after this recession.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,041,371 times
I think ABQ should focus on building more dense neighborhoods than sprawling out further and further, gas is high and we should live close to public transportation, but hey this is ABQ so maybe in 10-20 years someone will catch on.

I just dont see ABQ'eans dishing out that kind of money on a regular basis.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
I think ABQ should focus on building more dense neighborhoods than sprawling out further and further, gas is high and we should live close to public transportation, but hey this is ABQ so maybe in 10-20 years someone will catch on.

I just dont see ABQ'eans dishing out that kind of money on a regular basis.
Yea i know, i actually wanna see albuquerque really big, not huge like phoenix.. but in the 800,000 area.. i think the foucus should be downtown in my opinion.. but sprawl is the topic for awhile.. i freaked out on how many houses would be built and how many builders would build em.. there is a scarcity for homes in this city, due to the fact of the surplus of people that are on a huge waiting list to get there homes built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque