Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,918,238 times

Advertisements

I like In N' Out burger as much as the next person, but most of you are making more out of it than it is worth. At the end of the day, a burger from In N' Out is simply a thin piece of meat on a bun. Am I the only person who wants real meat on a burger? I love Blakes for what it is, but fast food burgers are somethings that just aren't anything to rave about. So, yes, In N' Out is good, but I wouldn't stop going other places just to have one of their burgers; if I was in the neighborhood and hungry, I would pick one up. However, there is nothing spectacular about any burger from a fast food joint. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 09:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
I like In N' Out burger as much as the next person, but most of you are making more out of it than it is worth. At the end of the day, a burger from In N' Out is simply a thin piece of meat on a bun. Am I the only person who wants real meat on a burger? I love Blakes for what it is, but fast food burgers are somethings that just aren't anything to rave about. So, yes, In N' Out is good, but I wouldn't stop going other places just to have one of their burgers; if I was in the neighborhood and hungry, I would pick one up. However, there is nothing spectacular about any burger from a fast food joint. Just my 2 cents.
you are right, there isn't a fast food hamburger place that puts a decent amount of meat on a burger for us meat eaters, but what I love about InandOut, fresh everything as mentioned. Potatoes not frozen, burgers made while you wait, a real piece of lettuce, not some shredded junk and a great sause. They have been successful for close to 60 years because they have kept the menu simple and the same plus the prices are always good.

Nita

Old 10-10-2008, 11:00 AM

72 posts, read 195,714 times
Mmmm......In'N'Out burger

Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
+1

The most sensible thing I have ever read on this subject.

ABQConvict

Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
I have never tried In and Out but I do like Blakes gc burgers, but lately I have had this infatuation with Whataburger around midnight so sometime I have to go get me a double.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 PM

16 posts, read 35,824 times
Blake's over In 'n' Out. In 'n' Out burgers are good, but after I had Blake's double green chile cheeseburger In 'n' Out was no big deal like Californians make it out to be. Californians don't know what they're missing.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckahn View Post
Blake's over In 'n' Out. In 'n' Out burgers are good, but after I had Blake's double green chile cheeseburger In 'n' Out was no big deal like Californians make it out to be. Californians don't know what they're missing.
Guess what? I was raised in Calif, ate my first IN and Out at the first in and out, but miss my green chili from NM> The thing you are missing, is price and freshness....Everything INandOUt serves is fresh, and the price is right. Can you tell me I can get a Blakes double for the same price I can get a double, double In and Out? Absolutely not!!!!BTW, it isn't just Ca, ask people in NV and Az about InandOut? Try going to one almost any time of the day or night, see how long you have to wait? The test will be how busy they are if and when they come to ABQ...

Nita

Old 10-10-2008, 07:08 PM

72 posts, read 195,714 times
Blake's is really good, but they take forever and nobody there speaks English.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQRick View Post
Blake's is really good, but they take forever and nobody there speaks English.
lol. Especially the one @ Gibson & Louisiana... not a word of English.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
In-n-out burger is so popular right now in Phoenix it's unbelievable. When they first opened up one in Tempe I used to bicycle there from the dorms almost twice a week. The place was packed at almost every hour of the day and night! Now even Tucson, Kingman, and Prescott have one! They recently opened a new location in Washington, UT (southwest corner of the state, by St George). Now that I'm in LA (temporarily) I've only been to in-n-out a handful of times. Agree with nmnita and others, the freshness you can really taste-- and it's about as good as a fast food burger as you could ever get, but still, it's just fast food. Personally I think Fuddruckers has the best burger and fries money can buy, but that's more of a fast casual place, at least 2.5x more expensive than in-n-out. Actually I take that back, I think the very best burgers are made at home, grilling them on a barbeque rather than frying them on a greasy flat top like most restaurants do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque