Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 01:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I buy George's. It tastes like water and doesn't need refrigerated.
Yep, but $23 a gallon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 08:08 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yep, but $23 a gallon
Plus, tastes like it is nothing (water) and requires no refrigeration ( all organic matter to prevent deterioration)? What you have there, is... water.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-29-2020, 08:50 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Plus, tastes like it is nothing (water) and requires no refrigeration ( all organic matter to prevent deterioration)? What you have there, is... water.
Not water and really not fair to say that about an excellent product. I've been buying it for 3 decades to keep on hand usually for sore throats and tummy issues.

Why Isn’t George’s Aloe Vera Thick And Greenish In Color? Why Doesn’t It Have That Bitter Taste Most Other Aloe Vera Products Have?
The thick greenish substance just beneath the rind in the latex layer of the plant is where some of the undesirable components of aloe vera are located. These substances are irritants and when ingested can cause cramping and diarrhea and in some cases nausea. George’s Aloe is a refined product. We remove the antagonistic compounds that cause the bitter taste and irritation to the GI tract. For several years we examined various species of Aloe Vera whereby separating the chemical components of the Aloe Vera leaf. We continued to study the effects of Aloe as a food supplement, we found the digestive tract seemed to be the most important factor, other than our parent’s genes and chromosomes in determining our health and well-being.

Above straight from the manufacturer, below is a site that gives a review.

https://aloeveraguru.com/georges-alo...-juice-review/

Old 01-29-2020, 02:58 PM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Default Bitter taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Not water and really not fair to say that about an excellent product. I've been buying it for 3 decades to keep on hand usually for sore throats and tummy issues.

Why Isn’t George’s Aloe Vera Thick And Greenish In Color? Why Doesn’t It Have That Bitter Taste Most Other Aloe Vera Products Have?
The thick greenish substance just beneath the rind in the latex layer of the plant is where some of the undesirable components of aloe vera are located. These substances are irritants and when ingested can cause cramping and diarrhea and in some cases nausea. George’s Aloe is a refined product. We remove the antagonistic compounds that cause the bitter taste and irritation to the GI tract. For several years we examined various species of Aloe Vera whereby separating the chemical components of the Aloe Vera leaf. We continued to study the effects of Aloe as a food supplement, we found the digestive tract seemed to be the most important factor, other than our parent’s genes and chromosomes in determining our health and well-being.

Above straight from the manufacturer, below is a site that gives a review.

https://aloeveraguru.com/georges-alo...-juice-review/

I drank a whole case of it different brand, but I found out later, the bad taste was the aloe telling you the condition of the liver cuz after I drank enuf, it was no longer bitter, so taste is a cheap check up.

And it was not because I got used to the flavor either....and I drank the Georges as well, the problem is, people just don't know the whole story of how it works and just make up things like the doctors do. Anyways the Georges does heal as the others, you just don't get the benefit of the bitterness to tell you the condition of the liver, if you know about that instant feedback when you first start drinking it. The
Iridologist that told me about it, didn't know it was an ancient Ayurvedic remedy either, but he knew it worked.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your sentiment is right, and I would not recommend starting with this brand. It tasted exactly like water, how am I supposed to judge the effectiveness, over time, of this product? I've read that the bitterness of the Aloe Vera juice fades as your liver grows accustomed to the juice, as well as being detoxed, and you will never know this with George's.

Not recommended for those doing this the first time.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:07 PM

Default Bitterness

Quote:
Your sentiment is right, and I would not recommend starting with this brand. It tasted exactly like water, how am I supposed to judge the effectiveness, over time, of this product? I've read that the bitterness of the Aloe Vera juice fades as your liver grows accustomed to the juice, as well as being detoxed, and you will never know this with George's.

Not recommended for those doing this the first time.
Nope just an uninformed guess.....the bitterness in fact is a gift from the plant as commentary of the condition of your liver, you never get used to the taste, but as your liver heals it tastes less and less bitter, it is quite a plant.....

I know, I drank a whole case of quarts , took some time to do, and at first the taste was quite gusty/bitter
then the more I drank the less bitter it got, maybe if you do a search on Ayurvedic remedies/aloe to heal liver , you may find other verification of it.

That's my experience of Aloe, believe it or not....

Old 02-01-2020, 12:27 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
The bitterness comes from the outer layer, the drink referenced does not contain that layer. The inside barely tastes at all, more fresh and clean. I tons of the plants at my house and ate them all the time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-01-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Nope just an uninformed guess.....the bitterness in fact is a gift from the plant as commentary of the condition of your liver, you never get used to the taste, but as your liver heals it tastes less and less bitter, it is quite a plant.....

I know, I drank a whole case of quarts , took some time to do, and at first the taste was quite gusty/bitter
then the more I drank the less bitter it got, maybe if you do a search on Ayurvedic remedies/aloe to heal liver , you may find other verification of it.

That's my experience of Aloe, believe it or not....

Cool, thanks for sharing that. Do you have any recommendations on a particular brand of aloe vera juice? I need something that will allow me to judge the condition of my liver by the changing flavor/bitterness of the juice. For the record, there is nothing wrong with my liver, and I'm not in need of any care, but I believe 100% in the power of prevention.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:13 PM

Default Ratings

Quote:
Cool, thanks for sharing that. Do you have any recommendations on a particular brand of aloe vera juice? I need something that will allow me to judge the condition of my liver by the changing flavor/bitterness of the juice. For the record, there is nothing wrong with my liver, and I'm not in need of any care, but I believe 100% in the power of prevention.

At first I just bought what the Iridologist carried, and after, I just used the rating off amazon, they were all about 25 per gallon...I am quite happy with amazon, I've tried the Georges, Lily of the desert, Forever Young, they all worked, never noticed any difference....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine