Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 11:43 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times

Advertisements

It is not something I would do but I understand why some people would do it. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 11:47 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
It is not something I would do but I understand why some people would do it. Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world.
I doubt that is true historically, more of an apologetic myth

Old 02-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
LOL True or not it's been around a looooong time and it's not going anywhere.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
LOL True or not it's been around a looooong time and it's not going anywhere.
Probably not, unfortunately...

Old 02-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Probably not, unfortunately...
That is why it needs to be regulated and taxed.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Quote:
The Bible mentions prostitutes and prostitution. The Bible is thousands of years old.

Before humans lived in structured societies, the raping of women was not even a crime, if you think about it. Any man had the right to have sex with whatever woman or girl he was able to physically overpower, and when he was done his life continued as if nothing happened.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,892,143 times
Quote:
That is why it needs to be regulated and taxed.
If that's what you want for your community and you're okay with women from your country or community being pimped out to the gringos or losers by low life gang members your entitled to that opinion. I want better for my people and being Putas isn't an acceptable option in my culture, the more they kick in the teeth of the gang members, pimps and the low life sex tourists the better in my opinion.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
The Bible mentions prostitutes and prostitution. The Bible is thousands of years old.

Before humans lived in structured societies, the raping of women was not even a crime, if you think about it. Any man had the right to have sex with whatever woman or girl he was able to physically overpower, and when he was done his life continued as if nothing happened.
The oldest parts of the bible are only from the 6th century BC, i.e. Buddha's time, most of it is much younger. And it only covers the tiny world of the Middle East. For thousands of years before that people had already been civilized in various parts of the world. You have a huge time gap between barbarian behaviors and bible.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:41 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,940,669 times
Quote:
The oldest parts of the bible are only from the 6th century BC, i.e. Buddha's time, most of it is much younger. And it only covers the tiny world of the Middle East. For thousands of years before that people had already been civilized in various parts of the world. You have a huge time gap between barbarian behaviors and bible.
You are aware that most of the books in The Old Testament of the Bible are the same books found in the Jewish Torah, right?

How old is the Torah? Jesus lived some 2,000+ years ago and the Torah predates him for another thousand years, perhaps many more.

Exactly...

My point is that the old saying that prostitution is the oldest profession could very well be true.

Old 02-12-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
If that's what you want for your community and you're okay with women from your country or community being pimped out to the gringos or losers by low life gang members your entitled to that opinion. I want better for my people and being Putas isn't an acceptable option in my culture, the more they kick in the teeth of the gang members, pimps and the low life sex tourists the better in my opinion.

1. I live in Canada

2. I obviously don't want women to be pimped out. What a stupid thing to say. That is why I want it legal so women do not get pimped and can have access to health care, security and a safe work environment. Do you really think there is no independent prostitutes? Well, there is and society should take better care of them instead of leaving them for dead in an underground economy.

3. Acceptable or not there are Putas in your culture too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas