Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:31 PM

278 posts, read 621,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidglen77 View Post
Robberies are the most popular sport and way to get easy money in Buenos Aires Capital City. The robbery at Banco Provincia is just part of daily life here, and of course the city government turns a blind eye on everybody and spends public funds on new park benches, tourist attractions and the like, Here's some video footage from a robbery at my candy store that took place back in July 2010. Nice and quick and well planned as you can see, after reporting it to the police and almost every other store on our block being held up at gunpoint, of course we still NEVER see a police officer around here. The mayor, Mauricio Macri, just had a lovely wedding and loves to blame the president for everything that happens in the country, however he is the one in charge of the police, but of course does nothing to protect the people.......NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN BUENOS AIRES, CAPITAL FEDERAL!!
YouTube - ‪CANDYLAND ASALTO 1.avi‬‏
Blah blah blah...

Robberies happen everywhere. They are a hobbie in the U.S.

U.S. Tv shows suchs as "COPS" always find good material to entertain us. All they have to do is spend one day with a police officer in his patrol car, and the obtain tv material for an entire year.

What are you still doing in BA if the city is such a hell according to you?

Plz... What a BS thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,753 times
Buenos Aires is a beautiful city and certainly deserves a visit.

Almost everyone who evidently looks like a tourist is quite likely to get robbed almost everywhere.

When I visited Buenos Aires, I was told to avoid certain areas, but then again, this happens from Paris to Tokyo to NYC.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,193 times
I spent 4 months there, and had no problems. I walked everywhere, even the outside the la boca neighborhood.

In my opinion, it is a safe city.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times
Buenos Aires is waaaaay safer that what some people is saying in this forum!!! Im a girl, im always scared (in my home town, Mar del Plata, i live in a nice big houses residential neighbourhood and dont go out at night unless im in a car) and in Buenos Aires i feel the safest . In the other cities i lived, i lived in good neighbourhoods and the cities very condsidered safe, however, i feel more safe here. Buenos Aires is NO WORST that cities like New York, Paris, L.A, or any big city in Europe. Its certainly safer than cities in Brasil and almost the rest of latinamerica (excluding maybe cities in Uruguay and Chile, that are as safe mostly). Im a girl, walk EVERYWHERE, at ANY HOUR, most times alone, and nothing, ever happened to me. I lived here 8 years.

I come home at 2:00 am, alone, walk alone, and nothing never happened to me. I live in San Telmo.

Of course crime DOES happen and people do get robbed. But this happens everywhere. If someone tells you that you cant be outside with a camera that you will get robbed this is a BLATANT LIE!!! Buenos Aires is a walkable citie, you see people walking 24/7 the 365 days of the year. EVERYWHERE I go i see tourists and locals taking photos. Everywhere. And being a walkabe citie and a city so full of people all the time, makes it safer. How are you gonna get robbed when you are surrounded by people all the time?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas