Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:00 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,187,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars99 View Post
She was so impressive before, but somethign goes terribly wrong in this video. Could it be medical (stroke)?

Gov. Jan Brewer Freezes In Arizona Desert : The Two-Way : NPR
Ten will get you twenty that she is on blood pressure meds. Classic symptoms, if you ask me. Terminal brain fart.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 10:46 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,186,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Terminal brain fart.

20yrsinBranson
Well, that's certainly of someone who I want in charge of public safety, regulation, governmental administration and economic management!
Hey, those brain farts prove she's human...lol What an arguement for a candidate. Jeez
In fairness, she's proven that brain farts are not a problem if you base your candidacy and your job on spewing talking points and Palin-esque blather. Making sense is just a distraction!

Old 09-03-2010, 11:04 PM

329 posts, read 1,277,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I am a woman, and a liberal, and I am about Jan Brewer's age (probably a little younger... OK I checked: SEVEN years younger). I felt bad for her. Unfortunately, I do not think - for many reasons - that she is fit to be governor.

Those reasons have to do with not just this "senior moment", but the fact that she was unprepared and likely will be in the future because she is actually a puppet with a machine behind her, and inside her team and office -- the way so many politicians ON BOTH SIDES have nowadays.

I feel she's in over her head, and I felt sorry for her. I didn't like the way she bluffed out of the headless corpses pressuring at the very end, though. I think she was just upset and flustered and wanted to get out of there. Some people can handle this kind of pressure at this political level, and some can't.
You nailed it!

Old 09-04-2010, 05:28 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,397,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's Goddard's only hope.
Then better he should be himself, and lose with his integrity intact, then wind up like McCain. What does it profit a man, etc etc...

Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,999,824 times
The empress has no clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:19 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,528,399 times
Quote:
I can't believe a qualification for Governor is "she's just human" or "it could happen to anyone".
No, it's:
-over a year-and-a-half of actually being governor
-six years as state Secretary of State (which is kind of like VP of AZ)
-13 years in the state legislature
-six years as the chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors

Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,334,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Doesn't matter. Goddard is soft on illegal immigration and will lose badly because of it. The Dems better do a "McCain" on illegals if they hope to win anything in AZ come November.
I really hope the Dems don't "do a McCain" on any major issue. Selling out your supposed core principles for political convenience is a practice that the republicans seem to embrace, but that Dems will never abide.

The fact that Goddard believes that we shouldn't violate people's constitutional rights without adequate due process is all the more reason to vote for the guy in my opinion. Believing in the democratic principles that make this country worth living in doesn't equate to being "soft on illegal immigration," it simply means that under the leadership of men like Goddard, America will continue to remain a country worth immigrating to in the first place.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:50 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,236,094 times
Have any of Governor Brewers critics considered the tremendous pressure that she has been under the last few months? Besides the normal stress of being the head of her state, she has had to withstand the firestorm that SB 1070 has unleashed. An out of control border situation, a hostile critical media, opposition from the federal government including her own president, and now a re election campaign do not add up to a tranquil life. Throughout all this she has stood firm and not blinked. Brewer will be 66 in a few weeks, but she has withstood pressure that many younger men would have found difficult. Putting it in a blunt rather vulgar way, Jan seems to have more balls than the opposition, and that includes the president.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:15 AM

13,258 posts, read 21,881,517 times
Speaking of being in a coma, you evidently missed the other two threads about this in the Arizona forum?

Old 09-04-2010, 11:33 AM

537 posts, read 1,548,339 times
You need brains. Balls will just get you into trouble. I feel for her tremendous pressure, but she asked for it. I have heard everywhere what a nice person she is, but we need more than that. What if PV nuclear plant blew and the wind was blowing it this way? Would you want her in charge? I am sure that she has DID all that she could but she's not up to the task. I'll bet the partners at Snell are thrilled with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona