Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 35,144 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, my wife three children and I are looking to move to the Arizona City area and were wo.during what are some of the better cities and locations in the area to be looking at? My wife's sister lives in Arizona City and we are moving from Illinois.. Any and all information would be extremely helpful... Thanks to all..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
It depends on what kind of employment you and your wife will be looking for. A few more details will help.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 AM

I already have a job, drive truck over the road and my wife is a full time student in college. I was mainly looking for information as to what the crime is like and mainly what would be the better towns and neighborhoods for my children to be in. The housing seems to be fairly comparible from what I have found ..

Old 05-16-2011, 08:22 AM

There is no commuting to worry about, looking at areas within 40 minutes of Arizona city to see what are the better areas to live in.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,135 times
Unless you REALLY want to be close to your relative, my suggestion is to move to Casa Grande instead of AZ City. AZ city has no services to speak of and you will be coming into Casa Grande for everything anyway. But, AZ city is VERY inexpensive for housing.....but consider that you will be driving into CG (about 5-10 miles) for everything including groceries.

AZ city itself is safe enough and if you want a rural, removed from the city lifestyle, you might enjoy it...but if you like to be near services at all (including a city fire and police department - AZ City is still volunteer fire department) then choose Casa Grande instead.

You can also choose Eloy, which is on the other side of AZ City from Casa Grande, and it is a little bit bigger than AZ City, but you still have to come into Casa Grande for most things even from Eloy.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM

Thank you sh9730, from what I have been looking at and finding you are right.. I really appreciate all the help... How are the schools in casa grande? And does casa grande have certain parts that are better than others or is it all about the same?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,135 times
Schools are hit and miss - as a rule the newer ones are better. We have seperate school districts for elementary and high school..2 high schools in town (one is just freshman/sophmore as it is only a couple years old and was built hoping the housing boom would continue, which it didnt.

As for good/bad areas...there are no BAD areas in comparison to say some areas of south Phoenix, but if you can afford it try and stay to the north and east areas of town (north of Cottonwood Rd and east of Trekell road in general) as they are newer so you will have new schools etc...

Best of luck.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:04 PM

Thank you for all your help and insight.. I will be sure to keep all that in mind when looking I appreciate all you help...

Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
I agree agree with SH9730, if you want amenities close. I am in CG, now moved newly again, and I have to to almost 8 miles to the grocery store which is what you are looking at...I am now on the south end of town and don't mind. Chances are if you lived in AZ City, you would have to come here to get your mail, major grocery shopping or whatever shopping...decide on the difference between driving or close, do you want HOA or not, and price difference in housing and taxes, sure the family can fill you in....I have live in different locations of town here now for almost 2 years, I don't mind driving where I'm at, because I don't go that often, I work at home, have acreage, and my dogs and chickens right now...amending the garden soil...If, when, I move again, it will be something similar to what we have...Best of luck, comes down to drive or not, and if you live on the north end of CG, you can drive that far too or close...so not a big deal...find a house you are happy with...

Old 05-17-2011, 12:38 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,649 times
Um, my advice is not to move there. Maybe move outside of the area and visit. I owuldn't even live in CG. Chandler, maybe but not CHG or AZ city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona