Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:54 AM

339 posts, read 832,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo13 View Post
what about online tv like hulu or netflix?
That's what I mostly watch is Netflix and Hulu. I work full time and have to go to bed early and I have no DVR so I don't have time to watch a lot of TV and when I do get a chance to watch TV my favorite stuff is not on at that time. With netflix & Hulu I can watch it whenever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think that you would find that there is very little that you can't find on-line.

Where I used to live, I got all the network channels, plus a PBS channel. When I moved up here, I could only get two network channels (on a good day) and a rather lame local PBS station that ran mostly kid stuff.

When they did the big switch over, I did the test to see if I could use the converter box and it turned out that I couldn't. Since I refuse to pay for Direct or Dish and get a bunch of channels I would never use, I just went without.

But since then, I have found there is very little that I want to watch that I can't find on-line. I livestream a local news program and can watch the MSNBC shows (Meet the Press, Hardball, etc.), as well as The Today Show. I watch The Good Wife, Desperate Housewives, Dexter (and other cable shows, like Weeds, Californication, etc.), Dancing With the Stars, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, and even General Hospital and The Young and the Restless. For some shows, I use Hulu or X-finity; a lot of shows you can go directly to the network's website. Some network websites even have "the oldies" available - a few days ago, I noticed that NBC has the old Alfred Hitchcock show.

I also have Netflix, so lots to watch there.

Sometimes I have to go to Watch TV Online - TV Shows - Series, Episodes, Seasons - SideReel to find a link to a show - and that means having to deal with Megavideo, which only allows a certain number of minutes, unless you're willing to pay for the Megavideo Premium (or whatever it's called), which I'm not.

Sometimes I can't find something but not all that often. You just have to make a bit of an effort usually, though, to find what you're looking for. And if I can't find something, well, I get over it.

Now, if you're on dial-up, you might have a problem.
I thought about not having Cable but I literally can't get any channels without it and it doesn't seem right to not have acess to some TV channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM

741 posts, read 1,679,498 times
I'm moving up North from the PHX area, and am excited to not have tv or computers anymore!! I am so sick of it all..7 TVS, 8 computers in my house!!! I figure the kids can use the pc at school, and we will all work a LOT harder without the tvs

Last edited by observer53; 11-01-2011 at 11:16 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 PM

768 posts, read 1,759,810 times
We live in north S-dale...a 150 buck in power antenna, installing for best reception via antenna.org - we get 30+channels free in HD. Utilizing the internet only makes free TV better.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM

160 posts, read 374,502 times
If anyone needs help finding shows online, let me know. I have been getting all my shows/movies for 7+ years and never had any issues, you just have to know where to get them from and how to avoid your ISP finding out.

I can't imagine paying $20/month to get HBO or Showtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryberry View Post
We live in north S-dale...a 150 buck in power antenna, installing for best reception via antenna.org - we get 30+channels free in HD. Utilizing the internet only makes free TV better.
They're only local channels though right? No cable channels like FX, Comedy Central, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona