Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 AM

116 posts, read 227,984 times

Advertisements

I like those small commuter prop planes since it actually feels like you are flying. In bad weather it is similar to a roller coaster. I am not sure how safe are they is such weather but cheap thrills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I like the CRJs better than some of the larger planes. This thread makes me think of "the old days" (80's) when they'd fly regular jets from PHX to TUS. At about 12-15,000 feet. It seemed a bit odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Sky Harbor all the way if you need good rates on hotels,cars and stuff to do. Tucson is alittle too small. Neither is not like Orlando International OIA, but SkyHarbor offers alot for the size and the area it supports!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 PM

205 posts, read 572,698 times
I always try and fly into Tucson, smaller, faster, quieter, etc..... I always fly Southwest, and its always a few bucks cheaper to fly into Tucson over Phoenix (with southwest). The rental cars are right there at the terminal, rather than 3 miles away at Sky Harbor. (They operate very smoothly though, its a painless process at sky harbor!).

It comes down to preference. my vote is always on Tucson if I am in that area of the state, but if I am in Phx or north of there, then of course I choose sky harbor!

Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Since costs seem to be the primary concern Tuscon would win on this trip. Cheaper plane ticket and car rental in Tucson. There is no contest here. Tucson would be the choice and Phx wouldn't get my money. I work for a Rental Car Company. Phx Skyharbor wins the title of collecting the most taxes of any US airport when renting a car. That translates into a very high rental car bill at that location. Its been a problem for years and people look for alternatives. The rental car companies can't do anything about it, because legally they must collect all these added fees & taxes. I recommend anyone flying into Skyharbor, to try and rent your car at a suburban location to avoid the high taxes. I don't mean the rental car companies right off the airport property those are considered airport locations. You would have to take a suburban shuttle company, or even a cab to one of the suburban locations in Metro Phx for your rental. In doing so you would avoid all those airport fees and taxes on your rental. Believe me they add up and fast on a weekly rental. I assume the high rental costs and taxes collected is to fund construction projects at the airport or the city itself.

Also if anyone does rent from a suburban location. In most cases you can return the car to the airport when your ready to fly out. Generally there is no added charge for doing this. These cars all end up back at the airports to begin with to be serviced after a rental. Just make sure you let the employees know you want to return the car to the airport, and not back to where you rented it at.

So my vote is for Tucson on this trip. Have a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona