Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,176,915 times

Advertisements

Do we start our million dollar man Kevin Kolb...go to the tall and lanky Fordham grad John Skelton.....or do we roll the dice on a 6th rounder from the WAC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 04:27 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Do we start our million dollar man Kevin Kolb...go to the tall and lanky Fordham grad John Skelton.....or do we roll the dice on a 6th rounder from the WAC?
Wasnt that guy from Boise state undrafted? You know, the most winning QB in college history...why don't we find that guy? Offer him a one year contract, and see what happens. Kellen More was his name right?

Old 08-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Eh...Kellen Moore IMO was kinda weak...I mean he played at Boise and I find it hard to have any respect for that team. They've actively avoided playing in a real conference in football. I mean...they wrestle in the Pac-12...why not football? If Boise State played in the PAC-12 I bet they're barely a .500 team. But who knows....Kellen may be a decent pro qb. To be honest, at this point I would consider going to Chaparel High up in Scottsdale to see what they've got.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Eh...Kellen Moore IMO was kinda weak...I mean he played at Boise and I find it hard to have any respect for that team. They've actively avoided playing in a real conference in football. I mean...they wrestle in the Pac-12...why not football? If Boise State played in the PAC-12 I bet they're barely a .500 team. But who knows....Kellen may be a decent pro qb. To be honest, at this point I would consider going to Chaparel High up in Scottsdale to see what they've got.
His team beat my Ducks twice, Ill take a chance...This team really sucks. Im not sure if you noticed but we are terrible at QB and Warner aint coming back. I don't need AZ to do anything. I have my Ducks and the Denver Broncos. Still it would be nice to route for the locals when nothing else is on.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:26 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,242,025 times
Moore signed as a free agent with Detroit, however, Vince Young just got shown the door up in Buffalo. I know he has had some weird issues, but he did win a bunch of games, and with the qb situation, what the heck. I'd bring him in on a 10 day contract just to see what he's got left. Fitz is begging for someone to throw to him.

O-line needs to mix in some pass protection from time to time. That may help the qb's at least stay on their feet.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM

Well hell...we've got Lindley. Hahahaha

Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,726,432 times
Simple. I'd cut Kolb and eat his contract. Then I would talk to Tennessee about acquiring Matt Hasselbeck for a future draft choice. Hasselbeck is still an above average QB and would start on quite a few teams including the Cardinals. He's a heckuva lot better than the two we have now regardless. Unfortunately, I see a 5-11 season unless they upgrade at QB through trade or the waiver wire.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:20 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,463,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Wasnt that guy from Boise state undrafted? You know, the most winning QB in college history...why don't we find that guy? Offer him a one year contract, and see what happens. Kellen More was his name right?
Give him a few years, and hes gonna be really good. He went undrafted, the cardinals could have snatched him up in the 6th or 7th round.

People don't realize that no matter whos qb, they are not going to perform to their ability because of our oline. You could put Tom Brady back there and he would struggle. If we can get a solid o-line, Kolb or Skelton could both do fine. Imo though Kolb is the much better qb, and I hope he gets a chance to prove it. If the cards can fix their o-line they are taking down San Francisco.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,726,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Give him a few years, and hes gonna be really good. He went undrafted, the cardinals could have snatched him up in the 6th or 7th round.

People don't realize that no matter whos qb, they are not going to perform to their ability because of our oline. You could put Tom Brady back there and he would struggle. If we can get a solid o-line, Kolb or Skelton could both do fine. Imo though Kolb is the much better qb, and I hope he gets a chance to prove it. If the cards can fix their o-line they are taking down San Francisco.
I am tired of Kolb apologists. Tom Brady as an unknown Rookie in 2001 (Thanks to Jets Mo Lewis knocking Bledsoe out) won a Super Bowl while making $300000.

Kolb has collected since 2010 27 Million Dollars just in signing bonuses ! 10 from Philly in 2010. 10 from us in 2011 and 7 from us this past March.

How many jobs would give a fresh faced new hire a larger sign on bonus than proven vets in their respective field? Kolb is an absolute clown and the fact of the matter is he is too short to see over linemen and he doesn't have the mindset to stay in the pocket. He is as fragile as glass. He cannot read defenses.

What made Warner great is timing. He threw the ball to an open spot before the WR even got there. Kolb doesn't have the skill nor the brains to do that. Skelton atleast can stay in the pocket and read defenses somewhat since he can actually see over linemen. Regardless, Kolb should be arrested for unarmed robbery for how much he's fleeced the Cardinals based on Andy Reid and Joe Banner setting the trap for us.He stinks and I cannot wait until the Cards turn the page.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:39 PM

570 posts, read 1,004,089 times
The last few years have shown how great Kurt Warner was in his last couple seasons here. Hopefully the running game will improve this year. I think John Skelton will have a decent year, and Kevin Kolb is likely to get injured this season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona