Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 08:37 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,058,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I lived in the city of Newark for many years. No where in AZ is like Newark. The place I can compare it to is Compton.
People who lived in the projects drove cars (Escalades) that were more than my annual salary.
I worked a lot with the community and there were a whole lot of people who abused the crap out of the system and screwed honest working folks.
Stop pretending it's not true and get off your SJW high horse already.
I'm from NYC and I'm from a legit bad area (not what people in AZ consider a bad area like Mesa LMAO).

Many of the natives here have no clue what a bad area is and what kind of abuse really goes on in the welfare system.

Quote:
I think you have a very failed understanding of what Libertarianism is.

You are definitely out of place in Arizona.

California can't welcome you soon enough.
Agreed.

As I said, he will fit in perfectly there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 08:47 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,603,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm not a Social Justice Warrior, there is a difference between caring about people other than yourself and being an SJW!

And I am very familiar with east coast "hoods", I was from NY after all. Most of the people in those hoods with nice cars were usually selling drugs, they weren't buying them with government money. No one in those neighborhoods would own cars like that unless people knew and feared them and wouldn't rip them off/try to steal them.
No, these people definitely lived there. Their housing was very cheap. Most of the units in the projects were empty yet there was a waiting list to get in.
In addition, they'd loudly proclaim things like they can't wait for the next welfare check so they can get their hair did or go shopping.
Many of them didn't want to work because that would mean forfeiting cheap rent in the projects and welfare.
The system is very broken. Throwing money at the problem will not solve it.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:02 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,633,091 times
Quote:
Private law enforcement is not libertarianism. That's more of a conservative idea. Libertarianism is about the lack of big nannies / big government and police states (military-like police). Private law enforcement (and private jails) are not libertarian ideas. It's about not having the government decide what's best for you. You get to choose what's best for you.

Freedom and following the constitution are. Paying taxes that go to wasteful social ideas and unnecessary spending are also are libertarian ideas. Fiscally conservative and Socially liberal.
Private law enforcement is a retarded idea and actually kind of scary, because unlike now, where most people get equal protection under the law, with private law enforcement, only rich people would get protection, and poor people would be left to rot. This is why.I say pure capitalism leads to monarchy, because the richest person will have the most power.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Private law enforcement is a retarded idea and actually kind of scary, because unlike now, where most people get equal protection under the law, with private law enforcement, only rich people would get protection, and poor people would be left to rot. This is why.I say pure capitalism leads to monarchy, because the richest person will have the most power.
And what's wrong with that?

Just become rich then. It's definitely doable for the average person, especially these days.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
And what's wrong with that?

Just become rich then. It's definitely doable for the average person, especially these days.
Really, that is a troll answer at best. Basically a rich person could commit a crime against a poor person, and be untouchable, because the victim couldn't afford to pay the police, while the perpetrator could

Old 07-04-2016, 09:30 PM

416 posts, read 260,628 times
Too funny, FbC, now it get it this thread was just a really funny April Fools thread.

You guys sure had me going eh?

Old 07-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Really, that is a troll answer at best. Basically a rich person could commit a crime against a poor person, and be untouchable, because the victim couldn't afford to pay the police, while the perpetrator could
How is it a troll answer?

Just become rich and you won't have a problem. Become rich by providing value to many people. Not sure why this is such a difficult concept to understand.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
How is it a troll answer?

Just become rich and you won't have a problem. Become rich by providing value to many people. Not sure why this is such a difficult concept to understand.
It is a troll answer.

You say just become rich, like anyone can just read some step by step manual and do it.
If everyone was rich, no one would be rich. Because being rich is about having more money THAN OTHER PEOPLE. It is a positional good, which is subject to zero sum

Old 07-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
It is a troll answer.

You say just become rich, like anyone can just read some step by step manual and do it.
If everyone was rich, no one would be rich. Because being rich is about having more money THAN OTHER PEOPLE. It is a positional good, which is subject to zero sum
Of course, there's no step-by-step manual, but it's definitely possible to becoming rich if you put in the work. You will need to blaze your own path.

Work hard enough and you will have money too.

Old 07-04-2016, 10:54 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,829,293 times
Quote:
I actually know a lot about them and I deal with them daily.

Homeless people on the street tend to have severe mental disorders, such as schizophrenia. Don't get me wrong: that is absolutely legitimate. They need to be treated and taken care of.

I'm talking about people with things like depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc. These diagnoses are significantly overused in our society and are basically excuses to adopt a victim mentality. ("I'm depressed so I can't find work today. My boss was mean to me and it caused me anxiety so I can't work.")

PTSD, which is the example that I used, can only be diagnosed if someone suffers a severe trauma (war, sexual abuse, etc). Child neglect (as that other poster referenced) cannot be a cause for PTSD.

This outlook might actually be your problem. Just about everything in life is simple. Most people overcomplicate things.
Really? I work as a licensed BHT for a rehabilitation center. In what capacity do you deal with the mental health community?

Depression, anxiety and even ADHD are absolutely real mental health issues. There is a chance they are over diagnosed absolutely. But like most illnesses mental illnesses are caused by chemical imbalances. A lack of serotonin is the main cause for depression, and again that's a chemical. And many people have a lack of serotonin, however their needs are downplayed by people like you so they don't seek help and end up committing suicide or if they have a more serious mental illness they may do something else, like cause a mass shooting. "Just smile more" is not going to make your body produce more serotonin, it doesn't work that way.

I have had depression since fourth grade and I've attempted suicide before. My depression is actually partly caused by an autoimmune disease I have and the only reason I found out about was because I sought help for depression. And luckily since I knew about it, I found out I had cancer (caused by said autoimmune disease) and I was able to get it removed. Not that any of my backstory really matters a whole lot, but depression and many other mental illnesses have different causes and mine was from a physical body illness and that is not uncommon. Actually faking an illness (even a mental illness which would include a lying victim mentality) is ironically, a mental disorder. Its a factitious disorder.

And nothing is ever that simple. I feel like you have no real life experience whatsoever if you're saying that. Or never been through any true hardship. It's getting to the point in our society you can't make a good wage unless you have gone to college (expensive nowadays) or learn a trade, or at least have some capital to start with (like Donald Trump for a small loan of a million dollars) to create a business. And let's be honest, not a lot of people can handle the trades as they are physically tiring. So college is the other option, college loans are practically financial death if you have no support system and maybe even someone else you have to support. So how are these people, the ones who can't afford college and the ones who can't do a trade, what are they supposed to do? Rot away homeless with no food because you want to take away all their benefits after one year? In what ways can people who have no capital and may possibly be in debt, uneducated past high school, and possibly disabled either mentally and/or physically can get ahead past welfare? Do they not have the right to life because they are poor and life gave them a bad hand at the start?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona