Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
????

Are you saying we freeze our rears off 8 months a year? We truly only "freeze" for maybe 3 months. The other remaining winter months usually average 40-50 degrees for a few weeks with some extreme 60s-70s thrown in frequently. And you DONT have seasons, you shouldnt have to drive a few hours to experience it, where you live you have eternal repetetive summer. Enjoy it!
Go shovel your sidewalk, Steve !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2006, 04:04 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I can go out 8 months of the year and not freeze my rear off or have to wear snow boots and down jackets or slickers. I have been in all these situations and love this one the best. we do have seasons, go up North to Flagstaff to see them. My kids love the fact that they can swim from April to October even when it is hot, they swim or hang out, or we go up north for the weekend for camping. east Coast I was either cold or wet, to each his own I guess. I like to be outdoors for those 8 months. 90 is hot but I have a pool which makes it more fun.

After a few years they will not be swimming from April till October. At first yes then it will be too cold for them to swim. It will be your basic June thru Sept unless your pool is heated. We do have more than 4 months of heat here. I miss the seasons but I still like the weather in AZ.

I'm not sure what the New Yorkers have to brag about as far as weather is concerned. I lived in NY for 26 years. I never thought about going back to NY.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:06 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Logan View Post
Having a pool is the only way you can survive there. While I know you can drive up to Flagstaff to get different, cooler weather, it's also nice to actually live in it. Staying in and baking cookies on a snowy day is absolutely wonderful. Diversity in weather is what I like. Warm weather is nice but it's monotanous after a while.

Agree! You need a pool here for sure. I don't think I could be without a pool here in the Summer, I use mine a lot.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:09 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Logan View Post
To most people of the world, 90 degree temps are extreme. Phoenicians are always trying to justify their heat and fail to realize that they do not know what four seasons are like. Each one is beautiful and offers many outdoor possibilities and charm to each occasion in them. Phoenix has one and a half seasons. Most people leave there after a few years. They realize that there if better living to be had.
You mean like plowing snow, having no power in below freezing temps, getting stranded on the highway - that kinda charm?
I feel bad for anyone that doesn't live in AZ or FL right now...
My heart goes out to those that lost there lives or are suffering/have suffered in any way.
You can keep your winter. That sh*t is evil!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Ive never lost power in a snow storm, ever. Id rather plow snow and be outside than shackled inside cuz its too dang hot or too dang humid. Ill also take a snowstorm ANYDAY over Florida's God forsaken hurricanes. Now whats so evil about a peaceful snowfall? Doesnt sound so bad compared to 200 mph winds, torrential rainfall, flooding and house damage.

Plus, when it snows, its just another excuse to strap on the skis or fire up the snowmobile or take the kids sledding. Our kind of "bad weather" can be made into fun. After a hurricane, sifting through destroyed possessions or wading through 3' of water isnt my idea of fun.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Go shovel your sidewalk, Steve !
No need to. Ive never lived in a place (other than the 'rents house as a child) where I had to. Nope, I get up to plowed sidewalks and streets.

Here is a scene from my balcony tonight. Some still havent moved their cars, opting to fire up the snowmobiles instead. It just sucks when a pack of them comes roaring home in the middle of the night.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/12-2-06frigidnightburiedcars.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
what I dont miss is when the snow starts getting all dirty and brown, then starts to melt, yuck I hated that. It is 70 right now and sunny of course, but I do like the mornings where there is a crispness in the air.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:30 AM

The only time it gets dirty and brown is near the roads. And living in AZ, Im surprised youre not REALLY tired of dirty and brown.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:47 AM

163 posts, read 824,569 times
Wink Perfect out here in the Tucson area today!!!!

Hola, Its a perfect and I mean almost perfect day out in the Tucson vicinity today, high will be 67 and only a slight wind keeps us from perfection today!!

We are blessed with a clear blue and I mean crystal clear bue sky today and the usually sunny, sunny sunny weather.
Little bit, just a dusting of snow up at Mt. Lemmon

Its why we live here especially in the winter, we have bragging rights on the weather this time of year, so you are welcome to bash us come summer(yuck yuck)., but right now its our time to enjoy all this beautiful weather.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Whats your lows right now? 40s?

Sunny is nice, but gets cumbersome after a while. Im speaking for myself of course. We're in a cold spell this week, highs in the mid 30s only. Supposed to warm up next week, but its supposed to be sunny every day. That sucks cuz I drive East towards work and right into it every morning. That coupled with the super-white snow makes driving very hard in the mornings. I love cloudy days where I dont have to deal with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona