Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:38 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post
I've said this since we moved here. I realize many people drive to the beach in Mexico and claim it's safe. I don't know...never tried it. Even so, it sure would be nice if Arizona had that beach.
Arizona should have acquired that land in Mexico down to Rocky Point. It's really a fairly narrow strip of land across the border which Arizona could have annexed. Think about it: no passport needed, no hassles crossing the border, no having to buy Mexican insurance, less worry about the cartels, and Arizona would have had a true coast line. Who knows? Maybe Rocky Point could have been another Ft. Lauderdale if this was allowed to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 04:12 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,636,014 times
What would it cost to annex that land from Sonora all the way south to the Gulf of California and make a straight border east to Nogales?

Old 09-26-2017, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
What would it cost to annex that land from Sonora all the way south to the Gulf of California and make a straight border east to Nogales?
We already are paying for all the men and machinery needed and also have the playbook instructions to do it.

Get the II Marine Expeditionary Force to cross the Gulf and occupy Veracruz and/ or Tampico. Need a similar detachment from the West Coast to reach Acapulco or Mazatlan. Then a ground force moves in from Veracruz to Pueblo towards Mexico City. Mexico sues for peace and we get their President to sign a treaty with the United States ceding Baja California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Neuvo Leon and Tamaulipas along with a forced population transfer. I guess it will not make the United States or Americans very popular in Mexico (or much of Latin America) for a while, but it is possible...

But in all seriousness, I doubt Mexico will agree to any price to let go of any more land to the United States.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:23 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,976,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Lol. Native Americans aren't going to sell the land they survived a genocide trying to keep. None of this is going to happen. No water and no land. Just accept the reality of some things. Prescott will fill up with California retirees and Flagstaff is nimby. Sedona is already for the wealthy.

Build up or don't build at all. We are best off preserving the few forest land we have in this state.
Never say never. Also there is a difference between selling and leasing. Not everything is for sale, but most things are. I hope they never sell out, but I wouldn't say it isn't a possibility, even though it might be remote.

Sometimes the best way to stick it to the man is to drain his pocket book.

Last edited by infocyde; 09-29-2017 at 05:33 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 05:30 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,976,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpakrfan View Post
I've said this since we moved here. I realize many people drive to the beach in Mexico and claim it's safe. I don't know...never tried it. Even so, it sure would be nice if Arizona had that beach.
That part is easy. USA could do it Slavic style, like with Crimea.

* Wait till the world is distracted.
* Claim your expat population in Mexico is in danger
* Send in the military to protect them
* Also secretly support break away / independence movements.
* Take the parts you want, then push beyond them and negotiate over just really unwanted parts

We could call it novorossiya er I mean NovoAmerica. Worked with Texas and California too in the past right?

I kid...kinda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona