Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:15 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times

Advertisements

Just to tag team on what Prescott Valley Mom had to say (us Prescott area folks have to stick together I seldom ever need to go Phoenix for anything (plus I hate all the traffic to get down there). Right now we've got a nice mall (not huge, but adequate), 2 SuperWalmarts (with another one on the way-don't know what I think of that), Costco, Target, Home Depot (another one of those soon too). Sam's Club, Lowe's and Kohl's are all coming here as well. PV (Prescott Valley) just built an Event Center and they've been having minor league hockey games there and some decent concerts (Clint Black, Chicago). Then the restaurants - we've got some of the usual chains (Applebees, Chili's, Outback, etc) but what I really like are the individually run restaurants. Some of them have great food and great ambiance. Two of my favorites are 129-1/2 American Jazz Grille (live jazz Thur-Sun) and Sweet Tarts (a true French cafe/pastry shop complete with French chef).

Like the last post mentioned, it's even possible to get a smaller home in one of the subdivisions in Chino Valley or Prescott Valley for $180k - $220k. One of the mortgage bankers I work with told me yesterday that interest rates have come down the past week to 5.75% for 30 yr loan, and I know from experience that buyers can negotiate price substantially right now. So at least check us out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 13,245 times
"You can buy a great 3-bdrm home in Prescott Valley for under $250k"

YOU CAN?? Hell, maw! Pack the bags, we're movin!

I didn't think you could touch a place in Prescott or Prescott Valley for anywhere near that. I guess I'll have to look again. Still gotta get a job out there though.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:37 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
I found two new build communities in Chino Valley, just outside of Prescott. Shea Homes is the builder and the ones at Canyon Oaks start at $194,990 and there is another section starting at $165,890. That seems very reasonable to me. I may go take a look this weekend.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:21 PM

1,112 posts, read 3,999,494 times
Hmm, can you send me the details on the Shea communities in Chino Valley?

Old 12-16-2006, 09:23 AM

163 posts, read 824,569 times
ok maybe you can get a house in that price range, but its probably got no charm and no view. Everything I see when I check out the realtor sites for something nice in Prescott its starting at high 300,00's and that is for nothing spectacular and Presoctt Valley looks like 300,00 to start.
Ok, are there housing developments in Prescott Valley with views in the price range of 300,000?
I would love to check out Prescott

Old 12-20-2006, 12:21 PM

16 posts, read 70,683 times
Prescott has a much better family/community feel than Flagstaff.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 15,256 times
I would suggest Prescott. Flagstaff gets pretty cold in the winter and is a very tourist town. Prescott is also a tourist town but is also growing with more and more amenities like more shopping and entertainment. Prescott Valley is a very ideal location and inbetween North Phoenix and Sedona where the rest of your family lives.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 11,836 times
Cool AZ's Best Kept Secret

If you want a small town feel with great weather year round, come out here to Sierra Vista. We're only an hour or so from Tucson and 3 hours from Phoenix. I was stationed here in the early 90's and moved back here almost 5 years ago from Michigan. Weather is about 5 degrees cooler than Tucson in the summer time and our winters are mild. Mountains are prettier here than in some parts of AZ.

Schools are always looking for teachers. You have the elementary schools on Ft. Huachuca, as well as in the city. One HS in town. There is not much night life here though; however, you can drive to Tucson for that as well as major shopping.

We do have a "mall," but it's not like in the big city. It's enough for what you need. I save a lot of $$ cuz I don't shop like I used to. Again, you can make it a day in Tucson.

Rush hour traffic is not ridiculous and you can get around in a reasonable amount of time. Home prices are dropping and I can't compare it to other areas. Just know that there is a decent price range to select from.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:17 PM

3 posts, read 14,197 times
Default LostinFL moving to AZ, but what city???

LostinFL,
I would definitly look into the area around Prescott AZ. It is beautiful and being in the mountains (1 mile above sea level) the weather is moderate and you still have the change of seasons, even a little snow in the winter.

Prescott is very nice, my favorite city in the U.S.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:36 AM

26 posts, read 83,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lludvig View Post
Rush hour traffic is not ridiculous and you can get around in a reasonable amount of time. Home prices are dropping and I can't compare it to other areas. Just know that there is a decent price range to select from.

My SO moved to Sierra Vista a few weeks ago and is currently looking for a house. You can get a decent place in town for $250K and often under (this is for a 3br/2ba). He's also looking at a place north of Huachuca City that comes with about 3 acres, is 2000 sf, and selling for around $225K.

I'ts about 20 degrees in Utah right now--if I can find a job I'm heading to AZ. : )

Denise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona